Borowiecki to have phone hearing for boarding: Suspended 2 games

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He feels theres a need to skate from neutral zone to inside the offensive zone full speed to make a hit from behind.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I havent hated a player this much since Cowen.

We need to replace him asap.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
I hope he gets a suspension. His giant ego needs a check. The guy loved to talk about other players (skilled ones) being selfish last year... a 5 minute major on a hit that he absolutely could have avoided making is the most selfish thing I've seen on this team in years.

I get people want to say 'oh well he's bottom pairing' and I agree - he won't be the difference between us being good or bad - but I want the guy to go. I dislike everything about him. His smug smile, his stupidity, everything. He's not a glue guy in any sense of the word like Chris Neil is and what he provides is little to nothing. The fact he's been a huge help to the other team the last 3 games says it all.

This is one of the funniest posts I've read on here. Clearly you must sit in the room to know that he provides nothing right? I'm also pretty sure immediately after the game he took responsibility for putting the team in a **** spot. I get you'd rather have other players play instead of him but really this is just a garbage post.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This is one of the funniest posts I've read on here. Clearly you must sit in the room to know that he provides nothing right? I'm also pretty sure immediately after the game he took responsibility for putting the team in a **** spot. I get you'd rather have other players play instead of him but really this is just a garbage post.

I'm trying to think of another player who *****es to the media like a 5 year old about how he is playing the right way and "the other guys aren't" and coming up with a blank.

Why? Because it's counterproductive and idiotic. Your post isn't counterproductive.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
I'm trying to think of another player who *****es to the media like a 5 year old about how he is playing the right way and "the other guys aren't" and coming up with a blank.

Why? Because it's counterproductive and idiotic. Your post isn't counterproductive.

Boro's goal should be to be as unnoticeable as possible. I don't get how his mantra isn't "try not to do too much". Anyone who has played sports at any semi-competitive level knows this -- if you're a top level player you need to dominate, if you're a lower level player just don't **** up and switch off.

I think part of the problem is that he has been rewarded for boneheaded plays and honestly believes that's his meal ticket.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
not even close

Fine then, but it still involved a hit from behind and Lazar did not know it was coming. Still a dirty hit as this in my books.

NHL cares so much about concussions. If they really want to stop concussions, they need to prevent hits like the one on Lazar.

Surprised it didn't even get a penalty at least. I thought hitting from behind was a penalty?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I laughed at this one:

Someone wrote in to TSN1200 this morning and said the Sens should appeal the Boro suspension. They should insist it be at least 10 games! :laugh:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Fine then, but it still involved a hit from behind and Lazar did not know it was coming. Still a dirty hit as this in my books.

NHL cares so much about concussions. If they really want to stop concussions, they need to prevent hits like the one on Lazar.

Surprised it didn't even get a penalty at least. I thought hitting from behind was a penalty?

So one of the hits from behind results in a concussion and no hearing whereas the second results in no injury and a suspension for 2 games. Very inconsistent and bewildering. Boro deserves the suspension. So does the player who hit Lazar from behind.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The reason that the NHL DOPES (or is it spelled DOPS I can never remember) didn't punish Brian Dumoulin for his hit on Lazar is because every Sens player on the ice at the time jumped him and pummeled him and then he had to pay the price the rest of the game by taking late, dirty hits and fighting Neil and Boro. The Sens have a tough pack mentality when one of their own is gooned. The NHL DOPES felt he suffered enough.

Boro got off easy no one challenged him right after the hit or even later. He took no late, dirty hits and didn't have to fight anyone so of course the NHL DOPES had to take action against him.

EDIT:
Oh yes I forgot.. likely the biggest difference is one team's shortened 4 letter nickname starts with a "P" and the other with an "S"

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The reason that the NHL DOPES (or is it spelled DOPS I can never remember) didn't punish Brian Dumoulin for his hit on Lazar is because every Sens player on the ice at the time jumped him and pummeled him and then he had to pay the price the rest of the game by taking late, dirty hits and fighting Neil and Boro. The Sens have a tough pack mentality when one of their own is gooned. The NHL DOPES felt he suffered enough.

Boro got off easy no one challenged him right after the hit or even later. He took no late, dirty hits and didn't have to fight anyone so of course the NHL DOPES had to take action against him.

EDIT:
Oh yes I forgot.. likely the biggest difference is one team's shortened 4 letter nickname starts with a "P" and the other with an "S"

Boro did fight. I think he even fought twice. Once after the initial hit and one immediately after he got out of the box from the major

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
"Boro got off easy no one challenged him right after the hit or even later. He took no late, dirty hits and didn't have to fight anyone so of course the NHL DOPES had to take action against him."

???

What can I say. Sarcasm is hard to explain sometimes.

Everything is opposite of what happened!

The post is as much a knock on the Sens as the Pens and the DOPES!!!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
"Boro got off easy no one challenged him right after the hit or even later. He took no late, dirty hits and didn't have to fight anyone so of course the NHL DOPES had to take action against him."

???

Was he being facetious? I can't recall, but I don't think the Sens went after Dumoulin. Maybe a scrum but no fights.

Perhaps he's suggesting we should have attacked him to prove how dirty it was...

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
DOPES is pretty good but I think I prefer the much more childish - Derpartment of Player Safety. In any case - it's pretty clear the NHL doesn't give a **** about safety and punishing dangerous plays. They care about keeping fans happy - and if that means suspending guys like Borowiecki while not punishing better players and players from bigger markets... just part of the price of doing business.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What can I say. Sarcasm is hard to explain sometimes.

Everything is opposite of what happened!

The post is as much a knock on the Sens as the Pens and the DOPES!!!

Was he being facetious? I can't recall, but I don't think the Sens went after Dumoulin. Maybe a scrum but no fights.

Perhaps he's suggesting we should have attacked him to prove how dirty it was...

Add those damn sarcastic emoticons next time :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad