Borowiecki to have phone hearing for boarding: Suspended 2 games

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
It was a dumb play. Injury shouldn't dictate whether it was acceptable or not.

I have no problem with this.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It was a dumb play. Injury shouldn't dictate whether it was acceptable or not.

I have no problem with this.

So, I'm ok with you're line of thinking. I just have a hard time understanding what does dictate whether there should be a suspension or not.

Boro was reckless. Could have caused an injury. That's pretty much the case with any hit when there's a 5 min maj, and most of the time, there's no supplementary discipline unless it had an injury, or multiple issues (like interference and reckless hit, or hit to the head and boarding).

Heck, we have the whole Price going nuts and throwing blocker shots, no hearing. Price wasn't being reckless, he was being malicious. Were exactly is the line?

If this is worthy of supplemental discipline, why aren't countless other things?

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
i've been surprised for the most part how he's come along this year, he certainly has games where he reverts back to his old ways. Reckless Act, hope he learns his lesson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's going to sit a game - take it to the bank.

Agreed. Very easy for the DOPS to hand him out a game. Nobody will complain. Not Boro, not the team, not it's fans.

Whether it's deserved relative to other incidents that didn't end up getting supplementary discipline, or rather whether those other ones deserved something, that's another question.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I think he gets a game. Although I only saw this hit today... and I imagined something worse by the comments on this forum to be honest.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I'm kind of surprised he decided to hit him in the numbers when he kinda skated towards his left shoulder and could have easily hit him on his side instead.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I hope he gets a suspension. His giant ego needs a check. The guy loved to talk about other players (skilled ones) being selfish last year... a 5 minute major on a hit that he absolutely could have avoided making is the most selfish thing I've seen on this team in years.

I get people want to say 'oh well he's bottom pairing' and I agree - he won't be the difference between us being good or bad - but I want the guy to go. I dislike everything about him. His smug smile, his stupidity, everything. He's not a glue guy in any sense of the word like Chris Neil is and what he provides is little to nothing. The fact he's been a huge help to the other team the last 3 games says it all.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I hope he gets a suspension. His giant ego needs a check. The guy loved to talk about other players (skilled ones) being selfish last year... a 5 minute major on a hit that he absolutely could have avoided making is the most selfish thing I've seen on this team in years.

I get people want to say 'oh well he's bottom pairing' and I agree - he won't be the difference between us being good or bad - but I want the guy to go. I dislike everything about him. His smug smile, his stupidity, everything. He's not a glue guy in any sense of the word like Chris Neil is and what he provides is little to nothing. The fact he's been a huge help to the other team the last 3 games says it all.

According to some HF users we don't have any player to replace him...:shakehead

Apparently Chabot, Cleasson or Englund would cost us more games...:shakehead

Probably in less then 7:22 too:shakehead

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm surprised. Price gets nothing and he gets 2 games. I don't mind it, just super surprised.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
I'm surprised. Price gets nothing and he gets 2 games. I don't mind it, just super surprised.

In a vacuum just looking at the facts of the incidents I agree I am surprised, but in context I am not surprised one bit. Boro is an easy guy for the league to make an example of, so to speak.

I disagree with not minding. I mind that it wasn't longer.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No name player making a dangerous hit on a good young player.

He had no chance at not getting suspended.

If it was the other way around there wouldn't have been anything.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah the Department of Player Safety is a joke. I don't disagree with 2 games - but we all know if other players are involved, this is a fine or 1 game at worst.

Until they get their act together (and consistently punish things) - I'll keep bringing this up in every suspension thread.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So, I'm ok with you're line of thinking. I just have a hard time understanding what does dictate whether there should be a suspension or not.

Boro was reckless. Could have caused an injury. That's pretty much the case with any hit when there's a 5 min maj, and most of the time, there's no supplementary discipline unless it had an injury, or multiple issues (like interference and reckless hit, or hit to the head and boarding).

Heck, we have the whole Price going nuts and throwing blocker shots, no hearing. Price wasn't being reckless, he was being malicious. Were exactly is the line?

If this is worthy of supplemental discipline, why aren't countless other things?

You and I have similar views on this. The Department of Player Safety needs significant improvement and must clarify its policies and practices to ensure that there is fairness and impartial application of those policies and practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad