Boomer Esiason

Amorican

Nov 20, 2004
On WFANs morning show , Boomer Esiason just said that he will not discuss the Islanders because their "fan base sucks"

Use that as you will, but I refuse to support a radio station that thinks I "suck".

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
It has been a bad weekend for Boomer. The Jets suck. Eli Manning passed him in career TD passes. (Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

E_Godard

Sep 21, 2006
Section 103
There's been a lot of trash showing up at games recently. But that always happens when a team starts winning. I wonder if this has more to do with the fact that Matt Martin (Mod)

Amorican

Nov 20, 2004
All true and valid points... But listening to the station gives them ratings, which gives them more ad $, which gives him more money. So screw him lol

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
It has been a bad weekend for Boomer. The Jets suck. Eli Manning passed him in career TD passes. (Mod)

9e4pcziflhkj.jpg

:cry::)

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
There's been a lot of trash showing up at games recently. But that always happens when a team starts winning. I wonder if this has more to do with the fact that Matt Martin (Mod)

Winces at unwitting irony.

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
he said this to basically point out the attendance #'s are still not that great even considering how good the team is playing.

Clutcherbuck

Feb 28, 2007
Albany, NY
It may or may not apply here, but talk show hosts do this sometimes actually with the intention of helping the team they claim "sucks", to stir them up.

Or the real reason may just be his daughter has a new boomer in her life.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Not really appropriate to talk about his daughter.

Anyway he's right--it's our last year at the coliseum, and we're tied for first-more than 12000 people should be there.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007

Anyway he's right--it's our last year at the coliseum, and we're tied for first-more than 12000 people should be there.

From all accounts, Boomer loves Matt Martin. Just Boomer stirring the pot. He remembers what this rivalry once was and I am sure now being in the job that he is, he is loving the idea of this rivalry building back up again. The man is just doing his job and from this thread, probably doing it well.

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
20 games is not going to rebuild a fanbase after 20 years of nearly constant losing.

The crowd on Saturday night was fantastic, I didn't hear any commentary about that this morning on Boomer and Carton. The crowds will start to show up throughout the next ten games, as cheap stubhub tickets become harder to find and people will actually have to call the box office for tickets.

I agree, B&C were just stirring the pot this morning because we are clearly the most positive story in town right now. The next two home games are going to be wild, hopefully WFAN doesn't forget about us by next Monday morning.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Haha he's being such a loser. He's got that classic Ranger fan line! **** my buddies would say.

I'd say how their history is crap, only 4 cups and one since 1940 and their inferiority complex sets in

"But but but.. Like.. At least we sell out every game. Least we have fans!!!11!"

There are no cups for attendance unfortunately.

Take a lap Boomer.

IwayMike

Jul 31, 2007
Boomer just seems to be somewhat bitter. Whether it is his sports teams not doing well, the loss of the spotlight that being an NFL QB gets, or the fact that his playing career was not enough (financially) to allow him to not work and still live the high-end life he thinks he deserves/earned.

As someone who is able to make a great living based on playing a game and then off his having played the game, Boomer seems to resent that he has to still work and pay taxes. He wants all the benefits of being able to make incredible money playing a game, but does not want to pay the costs of doing business (taxes). Let him wallow in his bitterness.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Oh the hypocrasy if he was dissing this fan base..

The only portion I heard today was him reluctantly arguing pro-Islander with Carton's ridiculous assertion that they should change the name of the team and start over as a new franchise when they move.. I am assuming Carton only claims to be an Islander fan to get under Boomer's skin since his comments were way out there.

hey at least they are getting play on the radio. No such thing as bad media attention some have said..

OT: was amazed last Saturday when I turned on ESPN Radio and DP was fielding call after call in an all Islander segment. I have argued for a long time that the lack of local media attention has been a huge part of our loss in fan base in Long Island over the last 20 years, along with the arena and ownership that couldn't have done a worse job creating a product and marketing us to new fans and old.

Isles1

Nov 8, 2010
Nassau County, L.I.

Was surprised to find out that the current seating capacity at NVMC for hockey games is currently 16,170.

With that said, we have been over 12K for the last few home games, and this number is sure to rise after only 20 games if this team keeps playing well.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I don't care for Boomer, and he is the Least annoying one of the Duo in the Morning on the FAN.....
Just a Phoney imho....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad