Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
OfMiceAndMen.jpg

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
I'm halfway through Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Given the style of writing I feel like I should really be enjoying it, however I'm not sure what I think of it thus far. Been a times a bit of a chore to get through.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
Any of you ever read anything by karl ove knausgaard?
No. Outside of The UK and Ireland I haven't read a lot of European literature. Are you planning on reading Min Kamp?

I'm close to tapping out on Fashioning Sapphism. I'll take a break for a couple of days I think.
51Rd%2Bdyx%2BLL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
No. Outside of The UK and Ireland I haven't read a lot of European literature. Are you planning on reading Min Kamp?

Yes, I have two books on the go at the moment , and when I finish them I'm going to start and focus on Min Kamp.

I'll let you know when I finish it.

How many books are you up to now ? Haha .

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
I know it's childish but the title really puts me off. Committing to a 6 book series gives me the fear too. I've been putting off the Neapolitan series for a few months now and I think that's only four books. I'm looking forward to seeing how you feel about it.

A Moveable Feast was the 90th book I've finished. I've got 35 books piled up to read before the end of the year, I'll probably get through 24 of them.

31366479._UY200_.jpg

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Haven't been able to find it at my library , or online as an ebook. Might buy it off Amazon at some point. I'm not interested in the whole series. I'll see how the first one goes . I'll hopefully get to it before the end of the month .

90 is crazy . I just finished #86.

What's the best one you've read this year ?

#87:

51NkrALhU4L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
I've got three books that stand out as the best. Read them all in the first 10 or so days of April too.
Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson

I know a few people on here have read Dark Matter but I'd recommend that pretty highly too.

large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad