Injury Report: Bolland

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I didn't see him get hurt, so hopefully it's nothing serious.

If he is out, seems like these could be the lines based on how the game finished last night:

Carcillo - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kruger - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Mayers/Bollig - Saad - Frolik

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I didn't see him get hurt, so hopefully it's nothing serious.

If he is out, seems like these could be the lines based on how the game finished last night:

Carcillo - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kruger - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Mayers/Bollig - Saad - Frolik

What? So Bolland gets injured and you drop Saad all the way down to the 4th line?

Slvrbullet87

Jul 31, 2010
Downstate Illinois
It is Q so the lines will change constantly but Saad did take some shifts on the 4th line. I could see it shaking out with Stalberg on the first line, Saad on the 3rd and Carcillo on the 4th within a week or two.

I think moving Saad down might be good for him, right now he is going up against the best defence the other teams have and is getting chances but not putting them down. Maybe he takes off if he is up against the 3 and 4 defenseman.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I thought he looked terrible the last three games. Especially versus Van.

Last night's Sharks goal was a result of a Bolland blunder. 3rd guy high? Not, he steps up with Sharp and Kane below the hash marks. Then on the backcheck he doesn't pick up a guy, result? That guy buries it.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I just haven't seen where Saad has done anything to get moved off the top line. And on the other side of that coin I've seen many things Saad has done to keep him on the top line. His lack of points commensurate with a top line is not all on him. To be fair, he has made some nice setup passes that should have been buried that weren't - especially to Hossa in games 5 through 15 where it seemed like Hossa simply couldn't get a handle on the puck. I say do not derail the growth path that Saad is on right now. He's playing well and the team is winning and there is a much bigger payoff if Saad continues to grow and gain confidence that if you stick "you know what you get" Carcillo up on the top line.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I just haven't seen where Saad has done anything to get moved off the top line. And on the other side of that coin I've seen many things Saad has done to keep him on the top line. His lack of points commensurate with a top line is not all on him. To be fair, he has made some nice setup passes that should have been buried that weren't - especially to Hossa in games 5 through 15 where it seemed like Hossa simply couldn't get a handle on the puck. I say do not derail the growth path that Saad is on right now. He's playing well and the team is winning and there is a much bigger payoff if Saad continues to grow and gain confidence that if you stick "you know what you get" Carcillo up on the top line.

He's awesome along the boards, has great speed, a developing offensive game, and has played great with Hoss and Toews. Right now they are probably the best puck possession line in the NHL. Zero reason to even mess with that right now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
No,

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Pirri-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

Two scoring lines, two shutdown lines.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
There are only two guys on the team with a minus currently, Bolland -3 and Brookbank -1. Interesting.

Just bad luck for Bolland.

His linemates, Kane and Sharp, are plus 9 and 4 respectively. It's not like you get a + for scoring PP goals.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Bolland has not played well as the 2nd line center and now seems to be injury prone. Hawks would be smart to call up Pirri as the 2nd line center and keep Kruger as 4th line center. It would not be smart to play Mayers every game due to his age and the many back to back games. No idea how long Bolland will be out. Bolland is definitely not fitting in as the 2nd line center. Shaw would be much better at 2nd line center and Bolland as 3rd line shutdown center.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Definitely, just because Bolland can do it doesn't mean it is the best option. This is a great chance to experiment with other options like Pirri.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Messing with lines at this point is stupidity... ideally everyone stays where they are and you plug in a prospect (ahem, Pirri?) to play stop-gap for a few games... or at least be given a shot. Presumably they'll be moving Kruger or Shaw up instead. Might as well trade Pirri, get something for him if he's never going to even get a chance.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I wish we called Pirri up but it looks like that hasn't happened.

Any roster spaces left? Probably can't call him up without someone going on IR.

That said, I'd feel better if the lines weren't changed, and the only move was putting Pirri up. Everyone has their role, and each is executing it quite well right now. Pirri would be the least intrusive, with the second perhaps being Shaw, moving Mayers into the lineup as 4C, and Kruger as 3C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad