Speculation: BOLD Predictions for the Trade Deadline: COL, LA, FLA, WPG, TOR, CGY, MTL, BOS

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
tenor.gif
I can hear this post so clearly. It makes me happy.

Reactions: Reaper45 and Lt Dan

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
They have 4.3M though, whos going to cost more than that? Ryan is only a million...
They do not. That’s today because Ryan gets moved to the taxi squad on off days.

Not trying to say who they could go after, more so just calling out inaccuracies in the article

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
They do not. That’s today because Ryan gets moved to the taxi squad on off days.

Not trying to say who they could go after, more so just calling out inaccuracies in the article

Okay i must not understand Capfriendly to well then...? Current cap space is 2.1M
Deadline cap space is 4.3M? Please tell me where im reading it wrong?
Even with the current cap space on CF, we'd have more than enough to go after Ryan who is signed at 1M , will cost roughly 40-45% of that so 400k-450k no? With 2.1M current cap space we'd still have enough cap space to go after a 2-3M cap hit dman to shore up both forward and defense, no? But im always open to learning things about the cap cause half the time i don't understand trades with like 11% retention...

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Okay i must not understand Capfriendly to well then...? Current cap space is 2.1M
Even with the current cap space on CF, we'd have more than enough to go after Ryan who is signed at 1M , will cost roughly 40-45% of that so 400k-450k no? With 2.1M current cap space we'd still have enough cap space to go after a 2-3M cap hit dman to shore up both forward and defense, no? But im always open to learning things about the cap cause half the time i don't understand trades with like 11% retention...
Yeah, so from my understanding of the cap, you’re absolutely right that we would be only looking at paying a portion of any players cap hit. I believe clicking on an individual player on CF will actually give you that exact remaining number. So we would be likely able to add a couple players around the deadline.

If I’m not mistaken, I’ve noticed that “deadline cap space” and “current cap space” fluctuate, leading me to believe that those are projected numbers. The Flames generally send both Ryan and Kylington to the taxi squad on non-game days for cap savings, and that is when it’s listed at ~$4.4m. On game days like today though, once Ryan and Kylington are added to the active roster, that number goes down. I can’t remember the exact number but I think when those two are up with the active roster the deadline cap space is somewhere around $2.5m and growing. Still plenty of room to make an addition or two though.

I could be mistaken, but I’ll keep an eye out on CF today after Ryan and Kylington are moved up to see what that number is.

Reactions: FameFlame069

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
After seeing our backup yesterday we badly badly badly need another one. Can't rely on Grubs coming in the 2nd period after our backup allows 4 goals in 7 shots :laugh: So any backup goalie.......
FakeRadiantEmu-size_restricted.gif

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, so from my understanding of the cap, you’re absolutely right that we would be only looking at paying a portion of any players cap hit. I believe clicking on an individual player on CF will actually give you that exact remaining number. So we would be likely able to add a couple players around the deadline.

If I’m not mistaken, I’ve noticed that “deadline cap space” and “current cap space” fluctuate, leading me to believe that those are projected numbers. The Flames generally send both Ryan and Kylington to the taxi squad on non-game days for cap savings, and that is when it’s listed at ~$4.4m. On game days like today though, once Ryan and Kylington are added to the active roster, that number goes down. I can’t remember the exact number but I think when those two are up with the active roster the deadline cap space is somewhere around $2.5m and growing. Still plenty of room to make an addition or two though.

I could be mistaken, but I’ll keep an eye out on CF today after Ryan and Kylington are moved up to see what that number is.

Well by what you're saying, im going to guess it has to be before 5pm right? So if i check around 4pm my time they both should be activated, but every time I've checked CF for the Flames its been at 4.4M for Deadline cap space, so maybe I'll check during the game tonight to see it, thanks for clarifying it a bit :) but I'd still like to target Ryan either way, i think he'd be a good addition to our top 9 and 2nd PP, have a great day bud :)

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Our actual cap space doesn't change. If we carry 900k in cap space, throughout the season, thats what we have at the deadline. What changes is the buying power of that 900k, as portions of players contracts are payed by other teams. The deadline space is a projection of this. Without looking up the actual numbers, our 900k in space, would allow us to acquire a player with a 2.5 million contract at the deadline because he has less than 900k remaining on his contract, for this year.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Our actual cap space doesn't change. If we carry 900k in cap space, throughout the season, thats what we have at the deadline. What changes is the buying power of that 900k, as portions of players contracts are payed by other teams. The deadline space is a projection of this. Without looking up the actual numbers, our 900k in space, would allow us to acquire a player with a 2.5 million contract at the deadline because he has less than 900k remaining on his contract, for this year.

So you're saying we only have 964K cap space? No matter what the deadline cap space is? Cause that's the "Projective cap space" on CF

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
So you're saying we only have 964K cap space? No matter what the deadline cap space is? Cause that's the "Projective cap space" on CF
Its what ever it is when Ryan is activated but deadline number factors in the portion of players salaries that have already been paid. Just for easy math, if we 1.5 million in current, real dollar cap space, at the deadline it would be 6 million because another team would've already paid 75% of the $6 million contract.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Still doesn't matter. Buffalo would be beyond braindead to consider trading Dahlin for anything like that. And I am pretty certain that even Adams isn't dumb enough to even listen to any offer for Dahlin. Especially now that people assume that they might be willing to move Eichel (which I still think would be a mistake).

Eichel to LAK is the same way I see Eichel to NYR. Management not close to as patient with their rebuilds as fans on hfboards would be and pouncing on a sub 25 top5-10 center that should never be on the market.
Not saying its likely but I certainly can see it happen. NY has Panarin/Kreider/Zib/Trouba, LA has Kopitar/Doughty and to a lesser extent Quick. If they want to make use of the good years these players have left on their enormous contracts, I certainly expect them to look into accelerating things. Especially the Kings who could probably offer a kings ransom and still be in a pretty good spot prospect wise afterwards due to the ridiculous depth they have accumulated. They can easily afford to bring in a quality D and Eichel and still have a potential successor to Kopitar in their pool afterwards. I am not sure its the smart thing but I certainly could see it happen.

I've made the same argument in the past that you're trying to make now...then I saw GM Rob Blake draft Quentin Byfield over Tim Stutzle. The organization is not prepared to win today, even with the five vet guys on the roster.

Rob Blake has publicly stated, we are looking for a dynamic LHD. We're not looking for a center at all, at least not at fully price, not of Eichel's caliber. Naturally if Buffalo wants to dump him, we'll be lining up but I have no indication of Buffalo wanting to dump anything good.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
When Ryan and Kylington are added back to the roster it eats up that cap room.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Come on bergevin do it . 1st 2nd 3rd tuch and chariot for ekholm . For the next four to five years Ekholm and petry can anchor the top two pairs while all those stud prospects develop . If we can’t resign him we recover a first and second next year . Chariot is out anyway for the season .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad