Speculation: BOLD Predictions for the Trade Deadline: COL, LA, FLA, WPG, TOR, CGY, MTL, BOS

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I don't know. Does Sutter have a steak in the Flames future? He's not the GM.
No, but he does have a pork chop in it.
tenor.gif

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
These aren't really bold predictions... kinda just seems like they read hfboards trade proposals

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Bleacher Report: 8 Bold Predictions 1 Month from the NHL Trade Deadline

1. Bennett to TOR
2. Bernier to COL
3. Eichel to LA
4. Hall to FLA
5. Rakell to BOS
6. Ekholm to MTL
7. Bobby Ryan to CGY
8. Savard to WPG

Best quotes:

"The cap-strapped Leafs could more easily afford Bennett's $2.55 million salary for this season than Granlund's $3.75 million, especially if they can convince the Flames to pick up part of his remaining salary. Bennett is a restricted free agent this summer, whereas Granlund could depart after this season as an unrestricted free agent."

"Seravalli said the Ducks' asking price was high but didn't elaborate. He also added Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk to the list after the struggling winger was a healthy scratch against the New York Islanders recently. Like Rakell, he has a year left on his contract with a $3.675 million cap hit."

"Last week, The Athletic ranked Eichel No. 2 on its trade-deadline big board, citing one league executive who predicted the Sabres star would get traded to the New York Rangers. Another pointed out the Kings have the pieces at center to make a deal happen. That source also doubted the Sabres would trade Eichel to an Eastern Conference club."

1. Bennett to Sabres
2. Bernier to Hurricanes
3. Eichel to Kings
4. Hall to Oilers
5. Rakell to Bruins
6. Ekholm to Oilers
7. Bobby Ryan to Blackhawks
8. Savard to Jets

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
For LA's side, I think Eichel makes more sense in New York, with the Rangers. If NYR and Buff make a deal, NYR gets their center in Eichel and deals a couple of top-flight winger prospects plus firsts in the package to Buffalo, they'll have a donut in the middle.
If they then deal Dahlin to LA for the center prospects plus a LHD like Clague, they can have a much more complete farm, then fill out the rest of the team with their future firsts and the picks they get from LA and NY.

The Sabres are a very stupid organisation. They certainly are dumb enough to trade Eichel for a bad return this offseason (like a few wingers and prospects from the Rangers for example). I highly doubt that even Buffalo is dumb enough to trade Dahlin. Especially for the kind of return you are mentioning.
They should just fold their franchise if they do that....

IMO Eichel to the Kings makes a ton of sense. Much more than to the Rangers (who simply don't have what Buffalo should want aka a stud center prospect++)

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Yeah uhm.... no from L.A.
Giving away Byfield, 4 pciks, Madden and a young roster player to make a trade
for our already strongest position ????

Who is coming up with stuff like that
Nobody, would do that so it is unreasonable to think could happen.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
The Sabres are a very stupid organisation. They certainly are dumb enough to trade Eichel for a bad return this offseason (like a few wingers and prospects from the Rangers for example). I highly doubt that even Buffalo is dumb enough to trade Dahlin. Especially for the kind of return you are mentioning.

IMO Eichel to the Kings makes a ton of sense. Much more than to the Rangers (who simply don't have what Buffalo should want aka a stud center prospect++)

Actually, I didn't mention the full return for Dahlin but we have like seven top-flight center prospects. All I mentioned was a package that involved at least two of those centers plus more.

LA's need is a dynamic LHD in the age-range appropriate with our prospects.

We have NO need for a center so an Eichel trade makes no sense for us. We still have Kopitar and Carter. We have Vilardi on the team and youngsters like Lizotte. We have Byfield, Madden, Kupari, Turcotte, Thomas and more coming in the next two years.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
LA is not doing a deadline deal for Eichel. He's probably out for the season.

Even aside from that, the price is far too high.

Reactions: KingTech

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

LAK is unlikely on Eichel due to their deep depth a C - Kopitar and prospects (pick 3): Byfield, Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Dolan and Madden. They're more interested in DMen and Dahlin is more of their target if he does become available. I still believe the NYR are the favourites, might not have a strong C prospect they're still loaded across the lineup.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Bleacher Report: 8 Bold Predictions 1 Month from the NHL Trade Deadline

1. Bennett to TOR
2. Bernier to COL
3. Eichel to LA
4. Hall to FLA
5. Rakell to BOS
6. Ekholm to MTL
7. Bobby Ryan to CGY
8. Savard to WPG

Best quotes:

"The cap-strapped Leafs could more easily afford Bennett's $2.55 million salary for this season than Granlund's $3.75 million, especially if they can convince the Flames to pick up part of his remaining salary. Bennett is a restricted free agent this summer, whereas Granlund could depart after this season as an unrestricted free agent."

"Seravalli said the Ducks' asking price was high but didn't elaborate. He also added Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk to the list after the struggling winger was a healthy scratch against the New York Islanders recently. Like Rakell, he has a year left on his contract with a $3.675 million cap hit."

"Last week, The Athletic ranked Eichel No. 2 on its trade-deadline big board, citing one league executive who predicted the Sabres star would get traded to the New York Rangers. Another pointed out the Kings have the pieces at center to make a deal happen. That source also doubted the Sabres would trade Eichel to an Eastern Conference club."
Bennett going to pitt...

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
And being over paid with a pending QO, I don't see any team wanting him.

The article makes it sound like his contract is good and Granlund's expiring deal as a bad thing.
That's the opposite of what's good and bad.

Teams have trade assets for players they didn’t qualify before. It’s pretty much like trading for a rental. Hartman and AA were deadline trades and not qualified. If you think a rental has value then any player who has a expiring contract can be considered a rental.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Actually, I didn't mention the full return for Dahlin but we have like seven top-flight center prospects. All I mentioned was a package that involved at least two of those centers plus more.

LA's need is a dynamic LHD in the age-range appropriate with our prospects.

We have NO need for a center so an Eichel trade makes no sense for us. We still have Kopitar and Carter. We have Vilardi on the team and youngsters like Lizotte. We have Byfield, Madden, Kupari, Turcotte, Thomas and more coming in the next two years.

Still doesn't matter. Buffalo would be beyond braindead to consider trading Dahlin for anything like that. And I am pretty certain that even Adams isn't dumb enough to even listen to any offer for Dahlin. Especially now that people assume that they might be willing to move Eichel (which I still think would be a mistake).

Eichel to LAK is the same way I see Eichel to NYR. Management not close to as patient with their rebuilds as fans on hfboards would be and pouncing on a sub 25 top5-10 center that should never be on the market.
Not saying its likely but I certainly can see it happen. NY has Panarin/Kreider/Zib/Trouba, LA has Kopitar/Doughty and to a lesser extent Quick. If they want to make use of the good years these players have left on their enormous contracts, I certainly expect them to look into accelerating things. Especially the Kings who could probably offer a kings ransom and still be in a pretty good spot prospect wise afterwards due to the ridiculous depth they have accumulated. They can easily afford to bring in a quality D and Eichel and still have a potential successor to Kopitar in their pool afterwards. I am not sure its the smart thing but I certainly could see it happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad