Speculation: BOLD Predictions for the Trade Deadline: COL, LA, FLA, WPG, TOR, CGY, MTL, BOS

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Its what ever it is when Ryan is activated but deadline number factors in the portion of players salaries that have already been paid. Just for easy math, if we 1.5 million in current, real dollar cap space, at the deadline it would be 6 million because another team would've already paid 75% of the $6 million contract.

When Ryan and Kylington are added back to the roster it eats up that cap room.

Alright thanks guys(gals) I'm pretty sure im following this, but will the deadline be 75% of the season? I thought it was more or less like 67%?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Alright thanks guys(gals) I'm pretty sure im following this, but will the deadline be 75% of the season? I thought it was more or less like 67%?
Yep, but CF takes the math out of it so the deadline space is the actual size of contract we can fit

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, so from my understanding of the cap, you’re absolutely right that we would be only looking at paying a portion of any players cap hit. I believe clicking on an individual player on CF will actually give you that exact remaining number. So we would be likely able to add a couple players around the deadline.

If I’m not mistaken, I’ve noticed that “deadline cap space” and “current cap space” fluctuate, leading me to believe that those are projected numbers. The Flames generally send both Ryan and Kylington to the taxi squad on non-game days for cap savings, and that is when it’s listed at ~$4.4m. On game days like today though, once Ryan and Kylington are added to the active roster, that number goes down. I can’t remember the exact number but I think when those two are up with the active roster the deadline cap space is somewhere around $2.5m and growing. Still plenty of room to make an addition or two though.

I could be mistaken, but I’ll keep an eye out on CF today after Ryan and Kylington are moved up to see what that number is.

Instead of 964K its 433K
Instead of 4.3M its 1.9M

Reactions: User1996

Kingston leaf fan

Mar 18, 2021
Blue jackets trade to the leafs.

David savard(RHD) 4 million and Nick foligno (c/lw) 5.5 million, with 50% retained on both making it 4.75 in total salary.

Leafs trade to the blue jackets. Alek kerfoot (c) 3.5 million, Travis dermont 894k, 2021 2&4 round draft picks.

Why the jackets do it. Both players are UFA at seasons end and they accuire 4 assets and only take on 3.5 million with dermont being an rfa for next season.

Why the leafs do it. They add some very solid depth. Foligno allows the leafs to keep Hyman with marner and Matthews. A second line of Simmonds, tavarse and nylander. Third line of mekeyev thorton and foligno. A fourth line of engvald, spezza and Boyd/petan. Gives Toronto 4 pretty solid lines with a real pain in the A$$ on each line to play against. The addition of savard for me pushes Justin holl back in the lineup to third pair where he should be.
Rilley Brodie
Muzzin savard
Sandin holl/ bogsian

Freddie ( does everyone forget how lights out in the playoffs last yr he was after struggling most of that year)
The guys won like 75% of his starts since joining the leafs reign him don't trade him!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00