Proposal: Boeser to the Isles

SI

Feb 16, 2013
How about Mayfield + Beauvillier + 2nd for Garland + Rathbone + 4th?
Pump the brakes. I don’t make this deal at all from Isles perspective. I also don’t believe Beau is of interest to the Nucks, especially if Garland goes the other way.

I do wonder if
Mayfield for Garland straight up would work?
Or Bailey, Wahlstrom, and a 2nd for Hoglander and Garland
Or
Wahlstrom for Garland straight up?
Or
13 OA for Garland or Boeser?
Or
Bellows and Bolduc for Rathbone and a pick?
Or Bailey for Pearson?

What day you Nucks fan?

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
His speed/skating is below average. My understanding is the isles need a speedier scorer
If you have a center who's fast and is a playmaker, the winger speed is not that important. Barzal and Boeser would be a great pair imho. The issue in Vancouver is Boeser has been paired with Petey who while he is a good center, is not a pure playmaker, or Bo Horvat who's a head down bull. Basically, both their top centers are shoot first players. When he was paired with Miller who is a good set up man, he had his best year in Vancouver (last year).

But point taken, he's an average skater.

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Pump the brakes. I don’t make this deal at all from Isles perspective. I also don’t believe Beau is of interest to the Nucks, especially if Garland goes the other way.

I do wonder if
Mayfield for Garland straight up would work?
Or Bailey, Wahlstrom, and a 2nd for Hoglander and Garland
Or
Wahlstrom for Garland straight up?
Or
13 OA for Garland or Boeser?
Or
Bellows and Bolduc for Rathbone and a pick?
Or Bailey for Pearson?

What day you Nucks fan?

Most of those I would not do.

13OA for Boeser, my guess is the Canucks would take that given we need cap flexibility (not in a cap crunch but our ability to improve the team without ridding cap will be hard as we can't make other moves, pretty much would have to stand pat with what we have).

It would also give us 2 first rounders which could potentially allow us to move up in the draft and grab one of the top RD which is a serious need for us, as our prospect pool is devoid of that position.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If you have a center who's fast and is a playmaker, the winger speed is not that important. Barzal and Boeser would be a great pair imho. The issue in Vancouver is Boeser has been paired with Petey who while he is a good center, is not a pure playmaker, or Bo Horvat who's a head down bull. Basically, both their top centers are shoot first players. When he was paired with Miller who is a good set up man, he had his best year in Vancouver (last year).

But point taken, he's an average skater.
Oh how wrong you are.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucks4Life

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Most of those I would not do.

13OA for Boeser, my guess is the Canucks would take that given we need cap flexibility (not in a cap crunch but our ability to improve the team without ridding cap will be hard as we can't make other moves, pretty much would have to stand pat with what we have).

It would also give us 2 first rounders which could potentially allow us to move up in the draft and grab one of the top RD which is a serious need for us, as our prospect pool is devoid of that position.
Until they sort out what they are doing with their LHD I doubt they take on a contact like Boser without moving one out. If they trade this years pick it’s likely going to bring a dman back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad