Player Discussion Bobby McMann

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
In a year with not so many bright spots, he’s one of them. He’s definitely taken his opportunity and ran with it. Looks like a perfect third liner/depth piece. Hopefully we can re-sign him.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
If I am him, I am taking one year "bet on yourself" He will be 28 in the summer, you want to hit a home run with the next deal.
I didn't realize he was a UFA, but I guess that makes sense considering he's 28. I think the Bunting contract + inflation makes sense for both parties. He may try to push for a 1 yr prove it, but I'm sure the Leafs will try for extra years.

1-1.5/yr for 2 years? If he wants to chase the money, I'm sure a team will offer more but it'd be a good deal to get him exposure and play in a high scoring system before he tries to get the bag on his next contract (as Bunting did).

I love what I'm seeing from him this year, but he's only at 19pts in 50games for his NHL career so he doesn’t have the stats to back up much more than that yet IMO.

Reactions: aingefan

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Don’t see him wanting more than 2 years given his age and opportunity to cash in before it’s too late. I can see him pushing for a 1 year deal though and I don’t blame him.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Love seeing a 4 year college guy succeed at the top level. There aren't too many of them in the league

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
With him and Knies, you can see them having moments where they exert their strength and seeing they can compete physically with most. He’s strong on the forecheck and getting more confident with the puck.
It’s a good development, and great story thats worth rewarding.
The Bunting deal would be optimal.

Reactions: Anthrax442

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
I’ve been bigging McMann up for years now. So happy for him. He’s a goal scoring machine who works like a dog every shift. He will be playing a top 6 role for shortly.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He's next in the ilk of guys like Hyman, Moore, Brown, Kapanen that we produced all those years ago

Hopefully we keep him unlike the others. He can drive play well in a bottom 6 role and has a great shot

Reactions: torontoblood

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's next in the ilk of guys like Hyman, Moore, Brown, Kapanen that we produced all those years ago

Hopefully we keep him unlike the others. He can drive play well in a bottom 6 role and has a great shot

He’s also 28, so the same age as Verhaeghe and Marchment, a couple of other power guys we let slip through the cracks. So it’ll be an interesting dollar amount and term they decide on since you’re basically playing for the immediate future before this guy turns 30 and over. Still, not lot of pro mileage on him so there’s another factor.

Reactions: torontoblood

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Stud.
Don’t recall how he became a Leaf but props to whoever made it happen.

Undrafted college player, Hobey Baker nominee, signed on an AHL deal initially with the Marlies before earning his ELC.

A nice "free wallet" signing from Dubas.

He'll turn 28 in the summer, so he's right in his prime as he's found his stride in the NHL. There are a lot fo elements to his game that point to his success this year being sustainable. Smart player on both sides of the puck, nice goal scoring ability, fast and tenacious on the ice.

Signing him to a bargain 3 year deal would be great.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
He’s also 28, so the same age as Verhaeghe and Marchment, a couple of other power guys we let slip through the cracks. So it’ll be an interesting dollar amount and term they decide on since you’re basically playing for the immediate future before this guy turns 30 and over. Still, not lot of pro mileage on him so there’s another factor.
We traded a excellent top 6 forward with size and skill in verhaeghe for a unidimensional Michael grabner and a skilled powerforward local player in mason marchent for a small, soft, irrevelant and forgettable player in denis malgin. SMH

That grabner trade was puzzling. Why the leafs traded verhaeghe back then? It wasn’t necessary. And marchment trade was even more wtf because he was exactly the kind of player the leafs lacked at the time(and still lack even today) for a worse, softer, lesser, smaller version of kerfoot and engvall. Malgin is 5’9 tall and weighs 175 lbs and marchment is 6’4 tall and weighs 220 lbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BertCorbeau

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010

Let's take a moment to appreciate this beauty of a man.

I can't appreciate anyone with a moustache that bad. :D

But he has been playing well and I love that he is a rare Leaf that will actually cut TO the net instead of staying on the perimeter all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad