Post-Game Talk: Bo Horvat represents Vancouver at the All-Star Game (And he scores!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
That's an extremely predjudiced way of dissecting that play. His man didn't score and honesty would have to have a Brett Hull-like release to score from there. The onus on that play is Edler going on walkabout rather than trusting his partner and Baertschi to do their jobs. Defense is more position than effort and Edler fails the most on that play. Horvat could have been better but IMO it's incorrect to single him out like you have.

It's extremely bias to consider Horvat in good position on the play, he left his guy wide ****ing open. And he isn't dangerous in the slot? And effort isn't important to defence? Unbelievable.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It's extremely bias to consider Horvat in good position on the play, he left his guy wide ****ing open. And he isn't dangerous in the slot? And effort isn't important to defence? Unbelievable.

I'm willing to meet you part way here:

It's Horvat's fault Zucker is open enough to get a weak shot on net that Miller saves easily.

It's Edler's fault Granlund has an empty net to easily score into.

Think we're done here.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I'm willing to meet you part way here:

It's Horvat's fault Zucker is open enough to get a weak shot on net that Miller saves easily.

It's Edler's fault Granlund has an empty net to easily score into.

Think we're done here.

That he fanned on the shot had nothing to do with Horvat, he just got lucky.

Ya we're done.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Eh7AeeP.jpg

Remember, the real problem in this picture is Horvat, not the absent defenseman on the right side of your screen lol

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Eakins approved message.

Horvat ****ed up by not being down there as well. You can clearly see Burrows realizing Horvat has left the end boards dangerously open, and is so shocked that he's having some kind of seizure.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Horvat ****ed up by not being down there as well. You can clearly see Burrows realizing Horvat has left the end boards dangerously open, and is so shocked that he's having some kind of seizure.

Looks more like was letting one rip and the aftershock left him off balance. Might also explain why Zucker fans in horror/disgust

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Just going of Memory on that play, but I believe Horvat actually had Granlund at the side of the net, and left him to check the man left open by the dman, who left him to chase, and the winger who failed to drop down, from the point coverage. But that is just from memory.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Just going of Memory on that play, but I believe Horvat actually had Granlund at the side of the net, and left him to check the man left open by the dman, who left him to chase, and the winger who failed to drop down, from the point coverage. But that is just from memory.

No, to be fair to Scurr Horvat was sort of drifting in slowly as Dumba kamikazeed the puck around the boards, then reacts when the puck is passed out to Zucker. That screen shot is the moment before Zucker receives the puck and shoots, as I wanted to illustrate that while Bo could have been more tight to his man, he really couldn't have prevented a shot owing to Zucker being left handed meaning he takes the puck and shoots on the far side of his body from where Horvat is. Considering the entire play is moving quickly and it isn't entirely clear what Dumba's play will be, it's a bit of a stretch to suggest Horvat should be draped all over Zucker so as to prevent any chance of a shot at all. I mean, it would be nice if he was but I don't think that's an overly realistic expectation. The bigger issue is the strange decision of Edler to drift behind the net along with Baertschi, Tryamkin, and Dumba and leaving Granlund all alone on the weak side of the ice. Which is why he's all alone to score a fairly easy goal.

I mean if I'm Willie and I'm reviewing tape of the goal I'm a lot more pissed at Edler than i am at Horvat.

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
For me, now that there is a cap, I would rather not get paid what he is worth. If he is worth $5 million per over 6 years, that's what he should sign for. The high end comparables are out there like Monahan, MacKinnon, barkov, etc all in around $6 million.

We also know the low end of Rackell, Rask, trocheck at $4 million.

Pay the guys who will be producing and worth the value of their contracts. Burrows was underpaid when he earned $2 million per year and way overpaid on his current deal at $4.5 million. Average the two deals out and he was a $3.25 cap hit over 8 years.

Rather pay Bo $6 million than Loui.

So without going through the "screwed up management" lamentations, where do we see Horvat's next contract at?

5 years at 6M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad