Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Flames: The "lets not suck 2 games in a row" edition (Edit: Lol we totally did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Does Calgary know how to use their defense? Because they have the most static defense I’ve ever seen. They are just sitting at the point hoping the forwards can move the puck in deep.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Does Calgary know how to use their defense? Because they have the most static defense I’ve ever seen. They are just sitting at the point hoping the forwards can move the puck in deep.

Its working for them. The Blues are one of the most breakout challenged teams I've seen. Why not stay at the point and wait for the Blues to turn it over?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues really need some help on that 3rd line. I wish we could sacrifice something to the hockey gods to get Fabbri and Berglund back.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I Doubt anyone thought the Blues were going to get 123pts......

That doesn't mean they arent as good as their record
So you don't believe we're a 120 point team.

But our record, which directly indicates we're a 120 point team, you do think is indicative of how the team has played thus far?

That doesn't make any sense.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Its working for them. The Blues are one of the most breakout challenged teams I've seen. Why not stay at the point and wait for the Blues to turn it over?
Because it’s forcing the Calgary forwards to keep trying wrap-arounds. It’s highly ineffective as an offensive strategy because we have a clogged up middle and the Flames are not making any attempt to open it up.

Honestly, the Flames aren’t playing some great game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If they have the to-date record of a 123 point team, then you can't think the "Blues are as good as their record" unless you think they are as good as a 123 point team.
They are a top team in the league, that is what I mean. Their record to date isnt a fluke. They do not have to get to 123pts to remain a top team in the league moving forward. I doubt Tampa is getting there either.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I don’t think either team had any great chances that last period. The Flames maintained possession, but they didn’t really do anything with it.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
They are a top team in the league, that is what I mean. Their record to date isnt a fluke. They do not have to get to 123pts to remain a top team in the league moving forward. I doubt Tampa is getting there either.
And thus, we think the phrase means different things.

When I hear someone talking about a team's record, it always suggest a specific number of points or a point pace to me, not a relative place in the standings. Put another way, if someone asks me what LA's record is, I'm going to assume the answer they are looking for is 11-4-2, not "they're a top team."

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
And thus, we think the phrase means different things.

When I hear someone talking about a team's record, it always suggest a specific number of points or a point pace to me, not a relative place in the standings. Put another way, if someone asks me what LA's record is, I'm going to assume the answer they are looking for is 11-4-2, not "they're a top team."
But isn’t the operative word “good” in this context?

I mean, if someone asked me how “good” the Kings are, the placement in the standings is one piece of evidence I can use, or I can talk about the team construction, or coaching. I think saying “we aren’t as good as our standings indicate” is a lot more encompassing then just saying “we won’t hit 123 points”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad