Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Flames: The "lets not suck 2 games in a row" edition (Edit: Lol we totally did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I will be putting as much effort into this gdt as the Blues did last game

Lines will be added upon availability

Eh the effort was there, but some motherf***ing bad luck also. Imagine making a GDT, then accidentally hitting cancel instead of submit only to find out that some hawks fan made a GDT for us 10 seconds later.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Eh the effort was there, but some mother****ing bad luck also. Imagine making a GDT, then accidentally hitting cancel instead of submit only to find out that some hawks fan made a GDT for us 10 seconds later.
The Hawks fans are too busy having a meltdown to troll us right now tho.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Jim Thomas reporting Beau Bennett with Schenn and Schwartz (WTF!!:dunno:!) and Vladi is with Steen & Stastny.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Jim Thomas reporting Beau Bennett with Schenn and Schwartz (WTF!!:dunno:!) and Vladi is with Steen & Stastny.

I mean Schwartz and Schenn produced with Jaskin/Blais on the RW. Moving Vlad down is probably just trying to get another line going.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Sobotka is the only one on that line that has looked dangerous in the offensive zone lately. If anything, Steen should be bumped to the 3rd line and get reduced minutes cause he sucks right now.

Reactions: 67Blues

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
You talking about 2 points in 11 games, flames excluded, steen?

Being fed pp minutes, as well. Really hope he shapes up soon.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Bennett being that high and Steen's struggles underscores the need for forward help on this team. Berglund can only be expected to do so much when he comes back. Steen needs to step up, big time, or I fear another dual draft pick style trade will be needed and I don't see another team being suckered into an almost $6mil contract.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Why the f*** is Beau Bennett, of all roster players. Getting a shot at the tip line? I would rather have Cam Janssen there.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Why the **** is Beau Bennett, of all roster players. Getting a shot at the tip line? I would rather have Cam Janssen there.

It is an extremely small sample size, but I thought he looked better than Paajarvi and Sundqvist as far as being dangerous in the offensive zone. I'm not really sure what knocked him out of the lineup in the first place (I think he was better at the time than 56 or 70) so to me swapping Paajarvi for him is a neutral move at worst. Frankly, as far as the lineup tonight, I wouldn't mind seeing Upshall on the second line with Schenn and Schwartz. He's been the most productive forward outside our Top 6. Run something like:

20-26-91
17-10-9
71-70-78
23-28-22

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
i have no problem with Bennett on the schenn line. It seems like a reasonable effort to get 20-26 going and get the third line going

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
From isl gdt, 'cus its locked. @Dbrownss
You understand me totally wrong. Its More of team doesn't have spirit to come back If goaltender play poorly.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/blues-vs-islanders.2409713/page-7#post-137851219

Jake steals plenty of games when the team doesn’t play very well in front of him. If a teams’ spirit drops that bad when a goalie has a rare off night, then maybe it’s time to replace some players. It’s time for a few posters to get off Jake’s ass. He’s a great goalie and should be appreciated instead of being blamed every time he lets in a goal or 2.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Our RW depth is just so bad. Even with a top 5 winger in the league on that side.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I suppose we now need wingers, not centers. :laugh: Schwartz and Tank are the only wingers playing like top six forwards.

When Bo returns, we can keep Gunny on D and move Ed to the wing....he'll bang some bodies on the forecheck!

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I asked a week ago if Yeo would pull a "Hitch" and take Tarasenko off the Schenn/Schwartz line in order to "get the other lines going." That didn't take long, but I understand the logic, since the SST line has cooled off the past two games. Hitch would have had no problem making the change while SST was scoring 3 goals a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->