Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I'm still happy with Detroit's offer. I know some don't like Nyquist but he'd bring a good amount of skill/speed and he'll play 2nd/3rd line minutes.

I can still see Edmonton panicking and offering the 4th

I'd like Tatar over Nyquist. Better contract (we can reevaluate him as an RFA in 2017), better two way player and just as good offensively. He'd save us a 1 million for 1 year, as Brouwer replacement and I think him and Svechnikov is great return for Shattenkirk. Svech is a big boy with good skill. Some say we'll get the 16th I doubt Detroit gives all that for Shattenkirk.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd like Tatar over Nyquist. Better contract (we can reevaluate him as an RFA in 2017), better two way player and just as good offensively. He'd save us a 1 million for 1 year, as Brouwer replacement and I think him and Svechnikov is great return for Shattenkirk. Svech is a big boy with good skill. Some say we'll get the 16th I doubt Detroit gives all that for Shattenkirk.
I'm fine with either of them. Yes that's a huge offer for Shattenkirk but it was Detroit fans offer so I'm going with it

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I'm fine with either of them. Yes that's a huge offer for Shattenkirk but it was Detroit fans offer so I'm going with it

Really?
But on another note, we could look at also getting Brendan Smith. Not the best defenseman, but good skater and mobile defenseman with ridiculously good possession stats.
So if we are dumping Bouwmeester that could be his replacement.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not keen on Nyquist at all. He broke into the league with 48 points in 57 games a few seasons ago and his production has fallen to 43 points over his 82 games this season. What's more worrying is that he has 8 points in 35 playoffs games, oddly he only has 3 playoff points in 17 since he became a full time NHL player.

It would be fine if he was a good defensive player, then he'd be an asset on the third line with his speed, but he isn't effective defensively.

I wouldn't want to be paying him $4.75m for the next 3 seasons. I'd add a little to get Tatar if the Red Wings made that offer.

Last edited:

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
I've wanted Simmonds for awhile now. If we could package Shatty+ for Simmonds, I'd be very pleased.

Maybe a decent prospect and a conditional pick in 2017 if Shattenkirk leaves as a free agent gets it done.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Flyers don't have a need for Shattenkirk. They already have Ghost and have some really great defensive prospects such as Sanheim, Morin, and Provorov that will be hitting the NHL soon enough.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
perhaps an angle to go is to attempt to pry Mattias Sjogren out of Sweden to be one of our top 9 centers. Of course, if he is willing to give it a go in the NHL. This may allow us to move a veteran for some futures. Johan Sundstrom may be an interesting center to trade for rights to with the Islanders as well.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
perhaps an angle to go is to attempt to pry Mattias Sjogren out of Sweden to be one of our top 9 centers. Of course, if he is willing to give it a go in the NHL. This may allow us to move a veteran for some futures. Johan Sundstrom may be an interesting center to trade for rights to with the Islanders as well.

Sjögren plays in the KHL now, and I don't think he is an NHL player. If we are looking to Europe, Shipachyov should be our target. Schwartz - Shipachyov - Tarasenko :amazed:

Sundström is a player I liked when he was in the AHL, but I haven't seen him play this season. Did the Islanders qualify him to retain his rights? I still wonder if Strome is a realistic buy low candidate. I have no idea what the Islanders would be looking for.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Sjögren plays in the KHL now, and I don't think he is an NHL player. If we are looking to Europe, Shipachyov should be our target. Schwartz - Shipachyov - Tarasenko :amazed:

Sundström is a player I liked when he was in the AHL, but I haven't seen him play this season. Did the Islanders qualify him to retain his rights? I still wonder if Strome is a realistic buy low candidate. I have no idea what the Islanders would be looking for.

I don't see them trading him when his value is at its lowest.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Red Wing fan coming in peace, Pretty sure that offer was including that Shattenkirk would agree to resign with Detroit this summer for say 6 years $39 million or so or that deal would be way to expensive for 1 year of Shattenkirk in other word for this deal to happen Shattenkirk would've to agree to an extension.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Red Wing fan coming in peace, Pretty sure that offer was including that Shattenkirk would agree to resign with Detroit this summer for say 6 years $39 million or so or that deal would be way to expensive for 1 year of Shattenkirk in other word for this deal to happen Shattenkirk would've to agree to an extension.

Sure...he's yours for whatever contract you want.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't see them trading him when his value is at its lowest.

It isn't that simple. He just had a 28 point season, nobody is expecting to get him for the price of a third liner. Equally, he is 23 at the start of next season, so the price on his potential is coming down.

The argument that they won't trade him when his value is the lowest is offset if they are getting something they value in return. It's just a question of what they value. A winger?

Ideally I would like to see Shattenkirk for a young winger + futures, and move the young winger & Rattie to NYI for Strome. Not realistic though.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Flyers don't have a need for Shattenkirk. They already have Ghost and have some really great defensive prospects such as Sanheim, Morin, and Provorov that will be hitting the NHL soon enough.

Ghostbear, Sanheim, Morin, Provorov and even Hagg are all lefties. Their RHD are Streit, MacDonald, and Gudas with nothing of note in the pipeline (24 year old career AHLer, couple late 3rd or later picks, and an undrafted guy). Streit is 38 and in decline (oft injured and relies on his speed). I doubt he plays more than the one year left on his contract. They have no internal replacements for top pair RH PP QB that he represents. Shattenkirk would be a great replacement for Streit, whose contract would be off the books when it was time to resign Shatty. None of the other guys are adequate replacements for a top pairing RHD. MacDonald was a healthy scratch for a lot of this season. Gudas is a heavy-hitting bottom pair guy. They'd have to find a replacement from somewhere (trade or FA) next year anyway. Or they will have to play a guy on his off-side. We have shown how less than ideal that is when we have tried it this year. You are paying a guy for how good he is on his natural side and getting handicapped production by putting him on his off side.

Philly has also shown some interest in Shattenkirk too as he was rumored to be part of a big deal going there this off-season. Philly's defense now on the RH side and definitely in the future is a weakness for the team. Whether it is enough of a weakness to trade good assets for Shattenkirk....???? I don't know. But there is a hole there he could fill.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
What about Anthony Mantha?
He's closer to being NHL ready then Svechnikov, may even be ready next year. Maybe him over Svechnikov.
Tatar+Mantha+Conditional 2017 2nd (becomes a 1st if Shattenkirk resigns or Detroit makes the playoffs)
For
Kevin Shattenkirk

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What you guys think about Bobby Farnham as a debt who can rotate with Reaves? What about Frans Nielsen?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Isn't a given that if and when Shattenkirk is dealt the other team involved will have already talked with Shattenkirk with the approval of the Blues?

Maybe not if McTavish was still a GM but I can't see any team getting Shattenkirk and not having a long term deal agreed on beforehand.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
What about Anthony Mantha?
He's closer to being NHL ready then Svechnikov, may even be ready next year. Maybe him over Svechnikov.
Tatar+Mantha+Conditional 2017 2nd (becomes a 1st if Shattenkirk resigns or Detroit makes the playoffs)
For
Kevin Shattenkirk

First off, I'd always add "if Detroit makes the playoffs" as any condition to my deal with them. They always make the playoffs :laugh:(although without Datsyuk it may be tough this coming year).

But the reason Mantha isn't being mentioned is the Detroit fans seem a lot more reluctant to part with him. Several Blues fans have asked for him but it gets shot down. If we are getting Tatar and a pick, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to the prospect. They are offering a lot of value for only one guaranteed year of Shatty, and Svechnikov is no chopped liver. Detroit would probably be relying on Mantha to step up to fill in a wing spot that Tatar vacated, because as you said, he is closer to NHL ready.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Tatar+Svechnikov+1st is still great value. We get a decent replacement for Brouwer (little less then $1M cheaper then Brouwer is currently making, will be even less cheaper considering Brouwer will get a raise) who will be an RFA after this year (fill negotiating control). Tatar may not be as gritty and physical as Brouwer but is a lot faster and more skilled. I could see Tatar being a great fit in Brouwer spot or on another line.
Svech surely has top 6 potential and would bring some size and offensive capability.
We could use the 1st to add in another good forward prospect, maybe Rubstov? Depends on who's available.
That would fill a good amount of our needs, however an upgrade on Lehtera could be more necessary.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Nielsen is a pending UFA.

Farnham and Nielsen both are pending UFA. I'd be interesting both of them, but I was asking what you guys think about those two, would they be good debt if Backes will walk and Ott might not re-sign. I pointing Nielsen as a 3rd line c and Farnham for debt in 4th line.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Farnham and Nielsen both are pending UFA. I'd be interesting both of them, but I was asking what you guys think about those two, would they be good debt if Backes will walk and Ott might not re-sign. I pointing Nielsen as a 3rd line c and Farnham for debt in 4th line.

I'd much rather have Backes over Nielsen but, if we can't resign Backes, Neilsen is a worthy replacement, who may cost less.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
That Tatar/Svech/1st offer that I keep seeing brought up seems like a pretty big over payment from Detroit for only 1 year of Shattenkirk. I know that a few of their posters seem to be willing to accept it, but it still just seems pretty far-fetched. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Honestly, even with some kind of guarantee of signing before the trade, it still seems like a slight over payment from their end.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Were expected to have 13.1 in cap space.
If were trading Shattenkirk, it should be for nothing with more salary otherwise we can't bring back Backes, Brouwer and Schwartz.

Maybe we look at Buffalo with the 8th, Arizona with the 7th?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

They still technically own him. I'm not sure what the story is on him. Evidently, he is drawing interest from other teams getting him back here. Maybe able to package something up to get him here.

I think a 28 year old Sjogren is alot different than the younger version we may have saw in the past. He's a very solid physical two way defensive center who has some vision. Maybe a good guy to see what he has. Impressed seeing him in international play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad