Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Correct

I’m not sure how analytics fly here, but here’s his chart:

His projected win value for next year (which is down 1.3 from what he was worth last year so it’s not a pie in the sky number) comes in around 8th in the league.

I’d go through the individual lists you guys posted and tell you with whom I disagree but it hardly feels like an exercise worth partaking in because it doesn’t go anywhere.

Somewhere along the line, Matthew Tkachuk the potential hometown hero overshadowed Matthew Tkachuk, the superstar player and now the first part is what’s being focused on in the “we’re better off without him” camp

Tkachuk this season was a beast, however I don't think he repeats that performance. The models believes that in last years production. Sure it can happen again but I don't think it will. I think he is more of a 70-80 point player that settles in the 2.7-3.3 value rather than the 4.3 he is predicted for. I mean the same models says Kyrou was a decent amount better defensively than Thomas was which I don't think many would say is the case.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Don’t watch the EC a ton but based on what I’ve seen, he’s very solid both offensively and defensively. I’d value him a decent amount higher than Parayko.

Parayko is also solid offensively and defensively though. In fact, they're both probably top 3 in the league in terms of shutdown ability. They only really differ in how they do so with Slavin being a smooth skater and very good decision maker whereas Parayko has the size, reach, and speed to quickly eliminate time and space. Offensively, they are extremely similar.

Parayko has 206 points in 498 career games (0.413 ppg)
Slavin has 208 points in 508 career games (0.409 ppg)

The grass isn't always greener.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Parayko is also solid offensively and defensively though. In fact, they're both probably top 3 in the league in terms of shutdown ability. They only really differ in how they do so with Slavin being a smooth skater and very good decision maker whereas Parayko has the size, reach, and speed to quickly eliminate time and space. Offensively, they are extremely similar.

I figured that’s where you were going with your question but I would take Slavin’s hockey sense over Parayko’s long reach and poor zone exits any day. And I think a large majority of folks would take Slavin over Parayko as well.

Sometimes the grass is greener.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I figured that’s where you were going with your question but I would take Slavin’s hockey sense over Parayko’s long reach and poor zone exits any day. And I think a large majority of folks would take Slavin over Parayko as well.

Sometimes the grass is greener.

I'd like both of them on the same pair. Both would compliment each other inho. Especially since Slavin is LH and Colt is RH.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Correct

I’m not sure how analytics fly here, but here’s his chart:

His projected win value for next year (which is down 1.3 from what he was worth last year so it’s not a pie in the sky number) comes in around 8th in the league.

I’d go through the individual lists you guys posted and tell you with whom I disagree but it hardly feels like an exercise worth partaking in because it doesn’t go anywhere.

Somewhere along the line, Matthew Tkachuk the potential hometown hero overshadowed Matthew Tkachuk, the superstar player and now the first part is what’s being focused on in the “we’re better off without him” camp

The hatred for Matthew Tkachuk on this forum is pathological.

Everyone talking about not wanting to be hamstrung by his contract, well he's one of a handful of players in the league who will outperform that number, and not just for the first few years after signing it, but for likely the duration of it.

In the salary cap era you win by getting surplus money on dollars spent, and there's two real ways to do it, with young cost controlled players before they get expensive, or with the superstars who outperform the top end deals.

The Blues are about to stop getting significant surplus value from Thomas and Kyrou and while Bolduc and Neighbors may replace some of it, they're mostly allocating the money towards more aging UFA guys who are negative on the cap.

Giving up Kyrou would be a tough price to pay but it could have been worth it. It's also possible we could have pulled off something else like 1st + Tarasenko + Neighbors + or something since Calgary did value getting a "now" type player, but we'll never know. Calgary's offer was aggressive and looks like a lot on paper but I think they'll be happy with the outcome. Tkachuk is worth it and the only real future asset they lost was a pick 3 years out.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Schenn for Hanifin

Who says no? (Besides Schenn NTC)
I've been wondering if Schenn could be a piece to go somewhere since Thomas getting more top 6 minutes and signing long term means he's getting further and further relegated to a secondary role on this team, making him potentially expendable in the right deal.

The Flames could certainly use another foward but I think it's more likely they move a RD than Hanifin. I doubt the Flames would make that deal, but maybe there's a possibility of something similar.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’ve gone full GM mode on CapFriendly to fix the defense and keep the forward group super deep.

Scandella to Anaheim for a late pick/future considerations

Krug+Brown to NYI for Beauvillier+Mayfield+mid round pick

Barbashev+Mikkola+Kostin+Alexandrov+‘23 1st+‘24 2nd to Arizona for Chychrun+Fischer

Sign Kessel or Rodrigues with the remaining $3 mil in cap for the 3RW spot. Both guys provide some needed speed and playmaking to go with Beauvillier/Schenn.

Buchnevich-Thomas-Tarasenko
Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Beauvillier-Schenn-Kessel/ERod
Neighbours-Acciari-Fischer
Walker, Leivo/Highmore

Chychrun-Faulk
Leddy-Parayko
Perunovich-Mayfield
Rosen(AHL)-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Greiss

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Schenn for Hanifin

You can’t deal Schenn unless you have ROR extension done. Otherwise you create huge hole. Beyond that, Schenn is soul of this team. If you deal him needs to be for someone who is true difference maker. Hanifun is good but he isn’t special. That isn’t trade I would make.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Schenn for Hanifin

Idk. Maybe post it on the Trade proposal board and ask Flames fans.

Schenn is a heart and soul player but I’ll say it again - I’d certainly listen to any deal that removes the long term deals of either Schenn or Parayko. I just don’t think those deals are going to age well at all.

Regarding the Flames, they’ll likely have to do something. Last I looked, they had 9 NHL caliber d-men and 9 forwards projected to their roster. So them trading D for F sometime yet this summer makes sense.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Idk. Maybe post it on the Trade proposal board and ask Flames fans.

Schenn is a heart and soul player but I’ll say it again - I’d certainly listen to any deal that removes the long term deals of either Schenn or Parayko. I just don’t think those deals are going to age well at all.

Regarding the Flames, they’ll likely have to do something. Last I looked, they had 9 NHL caliber d-men and 9 forwards projected to their roster. So them trading D for F sometime yet this summer makes sense.
Panthers couid use help on D. Maybe Calgary and Florida would make good trading partners.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I’ve gone full GM mode on CapFriendly to fix the defense and keep the forward group super deep.

Barbashev+Mikkola+Kostin+Alexandrov+‘23 1st+‘24 2nd to Arizona for Chychrun+Fischer

Sign Kessel or Rodrigues with the remaining $3 mil in cap for the 3RW spot. Both guys provide some needed speed and playmaking to go with Beauvillier/Schenn.

Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Walker, Leivo/Highmore

Chychrun-Faulk
Leddy-Parayko
Perunovich-Mayfield
Rosen(AHL)-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Greiss

I think of Chychrun was that cheap he would already be a Blue and short of that, trading Krug to get a RD is such a god awful idea. LD is our weakness but you want to trade 3 LD.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Walker, Leivo/Highmore

Chychrun-Faulk
Leddy-Parayko
Perunovich-Mayfield
Rosen(AHL)-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Greiss
It’s not gonna happen, but I love that lineup lol

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Feel like the only trade that ends up happening would be too offload Scandy at this point. Otherwise I feel like Army is just going to wait until FA in 2023 to upgrade LD, which at the moment has the following UFAs: Orlov, Sanheim, Dumoulin, Graves, Gavrikov, Soucy.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Feel like the only trade that ends up happening would be too offload Scandy at this point. Otherwise I feel like Army is just going to wait until FA in 2023 to upgrade LD, which at the moment has the following UFAs: Orlov, Sanheim, Dumoulin, Graves, Gavrikov, Soucy.
I feel like Sanheim or Gavrikov would be 1 &2 on our target list. And i'd be pretty darn happy to have either one of em.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm glad Army didn't offer up an amount of player assets to beat Florida's offer. That might have had to be Parayko and Kyrou, plus Neighbours, or something equally disastrous for The Blues. I still would like Scandella traded off, and, I suppose, a defence man added near the trade deadline. I don't think The Coyotes accept that trade offer for Chychryn that CaliforniaBlues310 proposed. If that were possible, Army would have pulled it off already.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad