Blues Rookie of the Year

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Love Parayko and Fabbri. Went with Parayko, how many times can you get a big defenseman that at 22 in his rookie year seems to see the ice both defensively and offensively? Lots of forwards that come in young and make an impact. Defensemen usually take a few more years to develop. Plus, he was a steal, no one saw him coming out and being a top 4 NHL defenseman straight out of UAF.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
flip a coin really

i give the edge to parayko though.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Have to go with Parayko, he's been simply tremendous all year. What impresses me the most about him is the poise he has for a rookie d-man, there is just no panic in his game at all, he's so calm and cerebral out there.

Fabbri has been amazing as well, I'm super pumped we've got both these guys. Edmunson has added some much needed toughness and nastiness to our defense group.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Parayko is my pick.

Al MacInnis said that it took him 200 games to feel comfortable as an NHL defenseman. I don't know if Parayko would say that he feels comfortable, but he sure looks comfortable out there to me. The Blues have a future star in Parayko, and the future is not far off.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
picture.php

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Alright, I'm changing my vote to Fabbri.

Parayko's season has been great but Fabbri looks better than Tarasenko out there these days. Truly dynamic which is impressive for his age and size. Our offense would be screwed without him and right now he's more important than our 3rd pair RHD, as much as I like Parayko.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Voted Fabbri. Parayko has been great as well, but Fabbri has been such a crucial part of the teams offense since the All-Star break I gotta go with him. As someone else already said, Fabbri might be the Blues best forward right now.

When was the last time a rookie for the Blues scored 20 goals? I think Fabs is gonna hit that mark easy this year, which is another reason I think he should win this poll.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Given how Fabbri has stepped it up, and the playoffs to come... maybe this was a little premature.

Might have to do another later.

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
I remember last years trade deadline and DA saying teams were interested in Mean Ed and he told them no. I remember at the end of the year Andy Strickland saying Mean Ed would push for a roster spot this year. I remember me laughing at Strick since Mean Ed only played a few AHL playoff games last year. Thinking, "The guy who missed all year with back problems is going to make the big club next year?" Now all I can do is make fun of how big Stricks suits are since he was 100% correct. FYI... please don't turn this thread into a what have you done for me lately thread!

Last edited:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Fabbri is scoring at a nice clip, but what is really impressing me is his hockey IQ and the quality of the passing that he is doing. This kid may turn out to be a real steal of the 1st round for the Blues (finally). If he can transition back to center, what a dynamic line he and Schwartz/Tarasenko would become. Keep him on wing for one more year with Pauly and then move him over.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Fabbri is scoring at a nice clip, but what is really impressing me is his hockey IQ and the quality of the passing that he is doing. This kid may turn out to be a real steal of the 1st round for the Blues (finally). If he can transition back to center, what a dynamic line he and Schwartz/Tarasenko would become. Keep him on wing for one more year with Pauly and then move him over.

Agreed, but we got 2 steals in Schwartz and Tarasenko in 2010...but dang, that was already 5 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad