Blues Rookie of the Year

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
On Opening Night against Edmonton, Robby Fabbri, Colton Parayko, and Joel Edmundson each made their NHL debuts wearing the Blue Note and have played pivotal roles in the success of the Blues this season.

While none of them will likely garner much talk for the Calder, there's no reason we, the esteemed members of the Blues HF Board can't give out praise.

So, who is the Blues rookie of the year? Robby Fabbri, Colton Parayko, or Joel Edmundson?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Fabbri is probably the most important to the team given the lack of offense/finishing/hope for the future (1C).

Parayko is the better player right now though.

Big Ed is a beast, and I hate that it seems like I'm not giving him enough credit.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm going to say Colton Parayko simply because defenseman take longer to develop and he already looks great right out of the gate.

Robby Fabbri is an extremely close 2nd and I wouldn't fault anyone for picking him 1st.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Tie for fabbs and colt. Both incredibly inportant already. That being said, I feel like Eddy is the biggest surprise out of all of them. We all had pretty high hopes for 15/55 and knew they would eventually be good, but ed is pretty damn consistent for a rookie defensive dman

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri for me, he looks more lethal as the season goes on. Love Colton but Fabbri looks like a game breaker

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think Fabbri looks better because we have a glaring need for scoring. So he really stands out.

If I think about who the actual better player is, I have to go with Parayko.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This is tough considering Parayko dominated in the beginning and Fabbri is doing the same currently.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Parayko. Fabbri is having a fantastic rookie season too. Parayko is just slightly more impressive.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I've been happy with Edmundson but he's a distant third behind Fabbri and Parayko. I'm not sure they can be easily separated. Parayko has been a revaluation. He was dominant to start, cooled off a bit, but picked it back up lately.

I think I'm gonna have to go with Fabbri though. He's looked better and better with every game and to be frank, I think he's been our best forward since the all-star break. I'll give him the nod because, while Parayko has been fantastic, I think we needed Fabbri's unique skill set more. He's carrying the offense right now.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Hmm...hard to choose between Parayko and Fabbri. I'd say they've been pretty equal impacts. Parayko plays the harder position but then again, Fabs is 3 years younger so that's quite impressive as well. I'll go with Fabbri but I'm super happy with Parayko as well. Also super happy with Edmundson but he's definitely a couple notches below Parayko and Fabs...but there's no shame in that.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I voted for Parayko but I think it could go either way. I went Parayko simply because I think it is harder to be a top 4 D man as a rookie than it is to be an offensive forward. I do think Fabbri is more important to the team right now due to our struggle to score. However, Parayko may be more important long term as he gives management the freedom to move defense for scoring in the next couple years. Edmundson has been no slouch either.

Bottom line, this is a fantastic problem to have.

Jeeper

Mar 30, 2009
St Louis "Area"
Parayko. First practice I saw this kid at, I said "Watch this one...he's something special". And he has been...no disappointment. What amazes me more is that you'll see both Parayko and Edmundston out there at the same time...wasn't that long ago that putting two young rookies on defense at the same time was absolutely the kiss of death...

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I went with Parayko. Fabbri has had more of an impact because of the depth in relative positions, but overall I think that Parayko looks the better player just now.

Edmundson is the one I'm really happy with though, his game has come along really well since the start of the season. After the injury problems he had for the majority of last season, it's great that he didn't really miss a step in his development when he got back on the ice.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Parayko, but barely over Fabbri. Hopefully all 3 will be mainstays for many years to come. Love all 3

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I have to vote Parayko. Fabbri has had more ups and downs than Parayko in my opinion while Parayko has been pretty consistently good all year.

Edmundson has been very good for a rookie Dman, but he hasn't had the impact that Parayko and Fabbri have.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Went with Fabbri as he has been our leading scorer and best forward the last month and half or so

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I remember saying last year that I thought Fabbri would be better than Schwartz, and I'm sticking with it. And this isn't a knock on Schwartz at all.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Voted Fabbri, he's been the only offensive player showing any sign of life the last few weeks, but that said he's been solid all year.

He looked so dynamic against Chicago, he was creating so much offense on his own. Absolute puck hound too. His for checking and back checking is such an asset

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, gotta go with Parayko. It's very rare for a defensemen to step in and play that well DEFENSIVELY so quickly. Guys can put up points but they can't shut down top players like that.

Extremely happy with both Parayko and Fabbri though. We're lucky to have them and they've exceeded expectations and look to be great players. I'll give props to Edmundson too. He obviously won't get as much of the spotlight but he's definitely added something to this team that it has lacked in the past. They've all been good.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Fabbri has played very, very well for a rookie. But Parayko, being a defenceman, is much more important to the team, and has been a difference-maker on both offence and defence, AND it is much more difficult for a defenceman to come into The NHL and play effectively early (there is much more to learn). My vote has to go to Parayko (who has been phenomenal, while Fabbri has been "only" very good. Fabbri's season would be a team "Rookie of the Year" in virtually any other year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00