Post-Game Talk: Blues @ Rangers Nov. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My wife is a huge Cubs fan, so I only got to really see the first period and a few stretches between innings.

Just wanted to post something congratulating Hank on the shutout, so I am not incorrectly labeled by some as a Lundqvist hater.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Now, we just need one or two more moves on D (Trouba is the obvious candidate) and the job is arguably complete.
Trouba......depends on price. I truly have no interest in trading Krieder, Miller or Hayes.
Look at how much the roster has turned over already. Look at how much younger, bigger and faster it is. I had (and have) faith that Gorton would be able to complete the job in 2-3 years. It's now looking like he has a chance to get it done in 1.
True. However I would put a small asterisk for Vesey. One cannot just plan on something like that. However, whatever the sales pitch was, it worked.
Let's hope!
Here's to hoping. It is still early. And we will see teams make more adjustments to the Rangers. Let's hope that when the neutral zone is unavailable that they continue chipping the puck off the boards. But good coaches can adjust. Hence my biggest worry.....AV. Will he be capable of making changes when other teams adjust their approach? Will he be able to make the right personnel decision? We shall see. In the past he was not and that did not work in the Rangers favor.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Beautiful game last night.

Gave the three stars to...
1) Lundqvist <--Shutout should be almost automatic 1st star unless someone puts up a hattrick or a 4 or 5 point night.
2) Vesey
3) Kreider

Took a look at the box score this AM. Loved what they did in the faceoff circle.

Stepan 11-7 61.1%
Zbad 11-9 55%
Hayes 7-6 53.8%
Pirri 6-5 54.5%

At the 10 game mark gotta love sitting atop the Metro!
:yo::yo::yo:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
People keep talking about how the defense has adjusted their style of play and that has been part of the reason why we are successful. I'll say this, although AV's personnel choices at times is still baffling, the team has definitely made adjustments in their style of play. AV deserves credit for that.

AV getting credit?!

Hahahahahahhahahahah

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Just would like to add that Gorton's signing of Raanta has gone unnoticed/unrecognized and soon will become one of his best moves. I feel comfortable with him as our backup, and he will be every bit integral to this team, as Talbot was 2 years ago when we won the prez.
Raanta is a good signing but perhaps we should have gotten more for cambot. And the Rangers will always do well on goaltending so long as Allaire is here, probably the best goaltending coach in the world

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
As for Trouba--I don't know if I'm all that interested in moving JT anymore. He made a large step forward last year and it looks like he's going to take another large step this year. And it's not just the points--he's taking on a pk role and he's one of our more flexible (can play all three forward positions) and physical forwards.
I'm not interested in moving JT at all, if Winnipeg is stubborn then we can wait until the trade deadline. This is all about a Stanley Cup run not a worthless president's trophy that comes with a bullseye on your back

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So, it was a good game for sure and I couldn't be happier with the way they're playing.

I wouldn't hold too much about the idea of beating two good teams. Until last night, the Bolts were really struggling. The Blues have been having a hard time scoring to begin with. Neither team has been playing particularly well.

What is this team's baseline? It's still to early to know.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My only complaint thus far is no McIlrath he brings what is sorely missed and I have been rooting for him since day one..Other than that it is fun scoring 5 a night

McIlrath would have jumped in with that blindside hit by Schwartz on Stepan and negated the powerplay on which we scored a goal. I rather punish teams on the PP (Since we have a capable PP now for once)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
People keep talking about how the defense has adjusted their style of play and that has been part of the reason why we are successful. I'll say this, although AV's personnel choices at times is still baffling, the team has definitely made adjustments in their style of play. AV deserves credit for that.

He absolutely does.

I have a hard time giving him a lot though considering it's a solution to a problem he had a large hand in creating however.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
He absolutely does.

I have a hard time giving him a lot though considering it's a solution to a problem he had a large hand in creating however.

I just assum AV had a come to Jesus moment with Gorton and was sold on puck possession and the misguided support of Glass

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What is this team's baseline? It's still to early to know.
It is. The trip to Western Canada will be a test as they have had issues there in the past. And the real test? Home and home w/ the Pens leading up to Thanksgiving. By that weekend we should have a good idea

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Its amusing to hear Sam stumbling to say players names because the Rangers have been moving the puck so quickly and efficiently.

"sets up... pass to... SCORE!"

:laugh:

Hope it continues.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm not interested in moving JT at all, if Winnipeg is stubborn then we can wait until the trade deadline. This is all about a Stanley Cup run not a worthless president's trophy that comes with a bullseye on your back

if WPG does not sign Trouba in the next 4 weeks, he has to sit out the entire season.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
McIlrath would have jumped in with that blindside hit by Schwartz on Stepan and negated the powerplay on which we scored a goal. I rather punish teams on the PP (Since we have a capable PP now for once)
That does not always work. Turning the other cheek is not necessarily the best choice.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think trouba caves on a one year deal for remainder of season if he's not dealt.

They're playing chicken but the kid isn't going to give away a year of his career earnings over this. I'd be shocked.

Winnipeg may very well be going down that route. What do they care they clearly don't mind losing they've been doing it for years.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Papa John before the Rangers repeatedly scored 3 or more goals:

mlstrO1.jpg

Papa John after the Rangers repeatedly score 3 or more goals:

197kx03ccv7xojpg.jpg

GOAT Post.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think trouba caves on a one year deal for remainder of season if he's not dealt.

They're playing chicken but the kid isn't going to give away a year of his career earnings over this. I'd be shocked.

Winnipeg may very well be going down that route. What do they care they clearly don't mind losing they've been doing it for years.

people in winnipeg seem to think there's no way in hell Chevy gives a 1-year deal, but we'll soon see

Trouba can make good money in the KHL, not that he necessarily wants to play over there but business is business

*Bob Richards*

It is. The trip to Western Canada will be a test as they have had issues there in the past. And the real test? Home and home w/ the Pens leading up to Thanksgiving. By that weekend we should have a good idea

Last year's Western Canadian campaign was outstandingly terrible. Ended up being a microcosm for the season.

So far, this feels different. I look forward to these match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad