Proposal: Blues -Leafs

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Last 3 seasons
Schwartz Regular Season, 104 Points .65 ppg, Playoffs 24 Points .69 ppg
Nylander Regular Season 112 Points .71 ppg, Playoffs 7 Points .58 ppg

So if a late 1st round pick is not far off for Schwartz, I am assuming the same could be said about Nylander......

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Last 3 seasons

So if a late 1st round pick is not far off for Schwartz, I am assuming the same could be said about Nylander......

You know using logic and stats will not end well with leaf fans. You have to argue perceived value.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Schwartz is a player I've wanted for awhile. If the Blues aren't going to re-sign him and he's willing to re-sign in Toronto I'd definitely be all over this, but it would likely cost an additional asset for Andersen.
Why would we want andersen? Why would we trade you Schwartz for nothing...... seriously please address how this helps the blues at all.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Last 3 seasons

It's almost like 1 of the guys is significantly older and a UFA after this season

Reactions: Sundinisagod

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
It's almost like 1 of the guys is significantly older and a UFA after this season

Yup Schwartz is less then 4 years older.....but also is one of the better 2 way forwards in the league and does not carry that albatross of a contract....

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It's like one of those guys is a more all around significant player than the other. Checks, blocks shots plays a better 3way game all while almost getting similar points. Oh did I mention one is a better forechecker and has more speed...... lol

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Its pretty simple in regards to Schwartz vs Nylander. Nylander is younger and after this season has 3 years left of control. Its not a hard concept to grasp. Schwartz right now is worth a 1st and high upside prospect.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Yup Schwartz is less then 4 years older.....but also is one of the better 2 way forwards in the league and does not carry that albatross of a contract....
Lol if you think Nylander is on an albatross of a contract I don't know what to say.... the guy potted 30 goals last year in a shortened season....

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It's like one of those guys is a more all around significant player than the other. Checks, blocks shots plays a better 3way game all while almost getting similar points. Oh did I mention one is a better forechecker and has more speed...... lol
Cool, he also can walk for free in a few months.. I like Schwartz dont get me wrong but saying he has the same value as Nylander while a UFA is just stupid

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Cool, he also can walk for free in a few months.. I like Schwartz dont get me wrong but saying he has the same value as Nylander while a UFA is just stupid

That's fine. Schwartz has already stated he is coming back. He fired his agent that has issues with armstrong. The same one who petro had. Schwartz asked to focus on season and will sign as soon as season is over

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
That's fine. Schwartz has already stated he is coming back. He fired his agent that has issues with armstrong. The same one who petro had. Schwartz asked to focus on season and will sign as soon as season is over
Cool, that means his value would be even lower as a rental as teams know he would be heading back to the blues in the summer.

Hope he does stay in St Louis, always pick him up in fantasy and does me well

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Cool, that means his value would be even lower as a rental as teams know he would be heading back to the blues in the summer.

Hope he does stay in St Louis, always pick him up in fantasy and does me well

There is no value cause we are not trading him. Easy peasy lemon squezy

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Last 3 seasons

Contract status, age, ect.

Lots of problems with your comparison

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Contract status, age, ect.

Lots of problems with your comparison
Agree Schwartz has shown to elevate his play and scoring in the playoffs, something Nylander has yet to show. Right now Schwartz would be the higher valued player to a cup contender.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Blues could be seller at the Deadline.

Schwartz to Toronto for 1 Roundpick 2022 Fredrick Anderson (for the Cap)

Schwartz would be perfekt for the Leafs .He Gas 54 Pointe in 84 playoff games.He is very Good Defensiv too.Blues get a pick.

Probably not happening,but i think it Looks fair.

Thoughts please.
Seems pretty fair to me. Well done. Would make Toronto quite formidable in the playoffs.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't really see why the Blues would be sellers. They're the clear favourite to hold onto that playoff spot in the West.

A brutal april schedule could change that quickly. Running from probabilities alone, they're slightly behind LA and Arizona in playoff probability. That said, Jaden Schwartz is not the type of player you sell unless you're starting a rebuild.

Reactions: BlueOil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad