GDT: Blues@Leafs 7 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is Dermott in tonight? Haven't seen him live since his Erie days.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Borgman as well if they acquire another D.
Rielly...Hainsey
Gardiner...Zaitsev
New D...Polak/Carrick
Unless someone is traded from there.

Might be able to keep one of Dermott/Borgman around given an entirely healthy blueline. Could also maybe look at obtaining either a right or left D, particularly if Dermott is the one to stick and if he is trusted to play his off-side with a steady partner. Assuming also that Carrick or Polak would be going in any possible trade. Avoids having either Gardiner-Dermott or Borgman-Zaitsev as a 2nd pairing since that might be asking too much of Dermott on his off-side or too much of Borgman at this time. Guess it also depends on how significant of an add we can and want to make, if we do add.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008

This is good because:
a) they are both showing better defensive games - especially in Marner's case
b) we wont get killed in Nylander's contract negotiations
c) still plenty of room to grow for this team... hoping for a strong second half

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Polak is in. Thank you. I really hope when he is on the pk he makes the 5 on 3 happen again. And again and again.
Such a smart move.
He is in for the pk and he is the REASON for the 5on3s. Why Mike why?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yes, that's why people are questioning his judgment

Yup hard to like Polak being in the lineup but until Z returns Babs doesn't have a better option. Personally although we live and die on a game basis during the season, when it is all said and done what counts is how we do in the playoffs. That is what will define our coach for me.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Hopefully we get off to a good start coming off the bye week, While the team hasn't looked as good in the past month or so, hopefully they can start to pick up their game as the playoffs start slowly inching towards us. Our big boys need to start driving and dictating the game and Nazem needs to start going, 1 point in 16 games isn't good enough.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yup hard to like Polak being in the lineup but until Z returns Babs doesn't have a better option. Personally although we live and die on a game basis during the season, when it is all said and done what counts is how we do in the playoffs. That is what will define our coach for me.
I know Babcock would never do this because he's not a risktaker at all, but I'd rather see Dermott get PK time rather than give Polak ES minutes so that he can PK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna