GDT: Blues@Leafs 7 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I've yet to attend a Blues game and not think about the night the Leafs gave up 6 in the 3rd to lose. These games have always seemed like an automatic loss. Hopefully they'll exorcise that one for me tonight.

That was 17 years ago. Maybe it’s time to let go.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Good vibes about this one. Bruises and aches that seem to be affecting everyones play should be healed.
I personally don't like long lay offs, everyone is going to be a little rusty and need to find their legs again.

Not feeling good about this one tonight.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
IMHO it's inexcusable to scratch Borgman. Why is it that Polak is the only one not needing to audition? I get this is a broken record at this point but man is it frustrating.

Players feel safe on the ice with him on the ice and he's our best defensive defenseman on this team, or so I'm told.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I knew they would do this. Buys them some time before making a roster decision.

I assume they'll just send Dermott down though eventually, no matter how well he plays.
Borgman as well if they acquire another D.
Rielly...Hainsey
Gardiner...Zaitsev
New D...Polak/Carrick
Unless someone is traded from there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
IMHO it's inexcusable to scratch Borgman. Why is it that Polak is the only one not needing to audition? I get this is a broken record at this point but man is it frustrating.
Polak is a veteran, why would he need an audition?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Looking forward to maybe seeing a bottom 4 of Gardiner-Carrick, Borgman-Zaitsev at some point in the not too distant future, or possibly even a trade to make room for Dermott. Then again knowing our coaching staff they'll just pull Carrick out again and go back to Gardiner-Zaitsev, Borgman-Polak.

Leafs need Polak's size and strength against a big heavy team like the Blues.

Besides Polak is an ex-Blue so players generally play well and are motivated against former teams.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Kadri: Time for Leafs to be 'more consistent’ - Article - TSN

Good discussion on our UFAs between MacKenzie, Poulin and Reda.

Kadri: “We’d like to string a few wins together and get on a bit of a streak,” Kadri said. “Now’s the time for us to kind of take it to the next level. Structurally, we just have to be a little bit more consistent and not have those lapses where we’re giving up odd-man rushes or having too much time in our D zone, just try and be more consistent and our talent’s going to win us games.”

It is Go time baby. Sh1t or get off the pot. Let's get the non-believers back on the bandwagon.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I mean we knew from last week's comments that the d rotation is Borgman, Carrick, and Dermott. I don't know why people are shocked that Polak isn't scratched.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Funny how Polak Scapegoaters can’t fathom how a guy who take a puck in the face and comes back could earn his way on to a team.

Guess we don’t have a way to put “character” on a spreadsheet.

Sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad