Half-Assed GDT: Blues Kings: Afternoon Games our Kyrptonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
1706477853529.png

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
3 stars thread up. Feels like there are several reasonable choices.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Looking at the field, I feel confident that we're better than Seattle, Arizona, Calgary, and everyone below them in the standings. I feel like the last Wild Card spot is going to come down to the Blues and Predators. Ultimately, I think Nashville has the edge unless we somehow manage to improve at the deadline.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Looking at the field, I feel confident that we're better than Seattle, Arizona, Calgary, and everyone below them in the standings. I feel like the last Wild Card spot is going to come down to the Blues and Predators. Ultimately, I think Nashville has the edge unless we somehow manage to improve at the deadline.
DP57!

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
With the way this season is shaping up, that would definitely be an intriguing addition that would come at a reasonable price.

"that was sick" might be the best pbp call I've ever heard
I hated it. Slippery slope toward JK trying to appeal to the younger generation with a "No cap, Jamie. Sick goal by Kyrou. On god fr fr," goal call. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: DoubleK81

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I missed this game due to another family get-together. Glad to see that The Blues pulled out another OT win. I hope Perunovich's injury is minor, and he'll be back in the lineup soon.

Last edited:

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
I think they should do something like this:
reg win - 3 pts
ot win - 2 pts
ot loss - 1 pt

This is how it's done in the Swedish Hockey League (and I think most other European leagues). It makes much more sense.

I'd also like to see two 5-minute OTs. First one is 4-on-4, second one is 3-on-3. If neither team can get it done in that time, you each get a participation point. Screw the shootout.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I am completely done penciling in the Kings as a playoff team. They went 2-7-5 in January and their starting goalie is Cam Talbot. He has an .887 in his last 15 games after starting the year with a .933 through 17 games. He's allowed 3+ goals in each of his last 7 starts. I know which version I'd bet on him being between now and the deadline. Maybe David Rittich can save their season.

As much as it looked like all the bubble teams were fighting for 1 spot a few weeks ago, I think LA has opened up another spot and is right there in the bubble mix.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I am completely done penciling in the Kings as a playoff team. They went 2-7-5 in January and their starting goalie is Cam Talbot. He has an .887 in his last 15 games after starting the year with a .933 through 17 games. He's allowed 3+ goals in each of his last 7 starts. I know which version I'd bet on him being between now and the deadline. Maybe David Rittich can save their season.

As much as it looked like all the bubble teams were fighting for 1 spot a few weeks ago, I think LA has opened up another spot and is right there in the bubble mix.
How long until kings fire coach? They are a mess.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

I think people were too soon to pump their tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad