OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Only 10 points back. Brady is laughing. Hopefully the Eagles learned not to give up like Falcons and Jaguars did.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Welp with the Eagles winning their first super bowl, Blues move up to 4th longest team in professional sports without a championship. LOL.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Anyone have any good recommendations for a very captivating horror novel? Been really into Lovecraft and finishing Ligotti’s Songs of a Deaddreamer and Grimscribe. Definitely a good read if you’re into that sort of thing

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
And the luge....you basically spend the entire event gazing down at your twig and berries hurtling down an icy death chute at 80 mph.
Luge great fun though. As long as you don’t try to steer the thing too much then there isn’t a lot that can go wrong.

First time down you are basically too scared to move too much. Second time your more relaxed and enjoying it. Third time you try steer a little going into a corner and after that you’re too sore to do anything for the next day or so.

But still... highly recommended.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
The thing I fine funny as hell is how once every 4 years nearly everyone magically becomes an expert in winter sports. Folks on Twitter now know everything about figure skating, curling, and snowboarding to name a few.

Reactions: KirkOut and Alklha

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I would love to know how to get started and how much it costs.
basically step 1 is to find a club near you. step 2 is really just to reach out to them via email/facebook/etc or even just show up to the club and talk to people. I've found that everyone at all the clubs I've been to are super nice and love to teach newbies the basics. Especially with the Olympics going on, many clubs are doing open house / try curling type events. Some clubs are dedicated curling rinks, some clubs just meet and play on a hockey rink's ice (I think they do curling at the Creve Coeur rink). I'm not sure what the prices are like at other clubs. For my club I pay about 250 for the year which gives me access to the club whenever + as many leagues as you want (I play in two leagues). There's really only 2 pieces of equipment - shoes and a broom. You can get a decent pair of curling shoes for 150 or less. I'm not sure how much brooms are, I still just use one of the generic club brooms they have there.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
basically step 1 is to find a club near you. step 2 is really just to reach out to them via email/facebook/etc or even just show up to the club and talk to people. I've found that everyone at all the clubs I've been to are super nice and love to teach newbies the basics. Especially with the Olympics going on, many clubs are doing open house / try curling type events. Some clubs are dedicated curling rinks, some clubs just meet and play on a hockey rink's ice (I think they do curling at the Creve Coeur rink). I'm not sure what the prices are like at other clubs. For my club I pay about 250 for the year which gives me access to the club whenever + as many leagues as you want (I play in two leagues). There's really only 2 pieces of equipment - shoes and a broom. You can get a decent pair of curling shoes for 150 or less. I'm not sure how much brooms are, I still just use one of the generic club brooms they have there.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad