OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Does anyone live in/have familiarity with Toronto? I’m going for my birthday this weekend and have a couple things picked out but was curious if there’s anything maybe off the beaten path someone would recommend?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
@Ranksu...

giphy.gif

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'd rather watch Kayhan than the other guys in Blues jerseys the way things have been going. That at least looks moderately entertaining. Either way, if you sit down to either of those for 2-plus hours you'll end up wondering why you put yourself through that.

TotinoDigiorno

Jan 19, 2018
Has anyone else seen Black Panther yet?

I watched it myself and was entertained, however it wasn't as amazing as word-of-mouth and critic reviews made it out to be.

Seemed to follow a traditional super hero flick formula, but I was content with spending the money to watch it; I generally rate a movie's tolerance based on my own entertainment quality/money spent ratio.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Has anyone else seen Black Panther yet?

I watched it myself and was entertained, however it wasn't as amazing as word-of-mouth and critic reviews made it out to be.

Seemed to follow a traditional super hero flick formula, but I was content with spending the money to watch it; I generally rate a movie's tolerance based on my own entertainment quality/money spent ratio.

Haven't, but probably will. I'm kind of hit the limit on comic book movies to be honest.

Makes sense. It looks like it's one of those good comic book movies, but media is trying to make it something that it's not.

TotinoDigiorno

Jan 19, 2018
Haven't, but probably will. I'm kind of hit the limit on comic book movies to be honest.

Makes sense. It looks like it's one of those good comic book movies, but media is trying to make it something that it's not.

Yeah, it's literally every other superhero movie you've already watched. Nothing stood out over other superhero movies I've already seen.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
black panther's cgi look like a first grader in computer class made it

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I feel ignorant, but I didn't know that Bill Armstrong was one of the originators of the lacrosse/Michigan.

Reactions: stl76

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I feel ignorant, but I didn't know that Bill Armstrong was one of the originators of the lacrosse/Michigan.

Dont feel bad, I didn't either. I thought that was something Mike Legg came up with and have never looked into it more then that. That is pretty damn cool.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I hate all comic book movies. Too much CGI, silly action scenes, rinse-repeat sequels....

Hollywood is not very creative.

Yeah talk about over-saturation, its getting kind of ridiculous when they are rebooting characters just a couple of years after the previous movie. But they arent going to stop making them until they have a few busts at the box office, these movies continue to print money for the studios.

I have read that there has been a crowding out effect where it is nearly impossible to get a movie in theaters that isnt a low cost romcom, a billion dollar scifi/comic franchise, or award bait type film. And one bad box office showing can detail careers, a lot of talented writers/directors/actors prefer the lower risk/steadier paycheck of TV/online distribution.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah talk about over-saturation, its getting kind of ridiculous when they are rebooting characters just a couple of years after the previous movie. But they arent going to stop making them until they have a few busts at the box office, these movies continue to print money for the studios.

I have read that there has been a crowding out effect where it is nearly impossible to get a movie in theaters that isnt a low cost romcom, a billion dollar scifi/comic franchise, or award bait type film. And one bad box office showing can detail careers, a lot of talented writers/directors/actors prefer the lower risk/steadier paycheck of TV/online distribution.

Yeah, Mark Hamill said Hollywood doesn't care if it's good, just that it makes money, and they will keep making them. He used the Transformers franchise as an example.

Star Wars Last Jedi is a prime example of it. That movie topped the prequels with bad character arcs, plot holes, and poor writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad