OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
[Citation Needed]

I can give examples. It is a fact the oceans get saltier every year. They take in more salt than they get rid of. There's only ever been evidence that the oceans have a net gain. A net loss or even a balance has never been observed.

Those are the facts.

I see that and conclude it's impossible for the world to be as old as Evolution claims. Otherwise the oceans would be too salty for life.

Evolutions will try to add unobservable evidence such as, once upon a time there was a net 0 gain due to x y or z.

Evolutions argue both sides of the coin when it suits the topic. They'll argue nobody knows what the salt content was in the beginning or what the net gain/loss was during the millions of years.

At the same time they'll use carbon dating as some full proof evidence for dating a bone. As if the half life of Carbon14 is somehow immune to changing over the same millions of years due to radiation.

It's illogical to have it both ways. You can't just guess the unknown until it fits your theory while the same time cast away the empirical evidence in front of you.

But they do and as I stated before, there is evidence all around. I see it one way and the evolutionists see it another.

By the way, to have a bone carbon dated you must submit what layer of stratum you found the bone in. The way the same scientists date the stratum is by which fossils are found in it. So they date the fossils by the layer of dirt and the layer of dirt by the fossils.

Circular reasoning much?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
200.webp

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have honestly never heard the salinity content of the ocean argument before. So thats something i would have to look into. As for radio carbon dating. Its usually too controversial for me to argue.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I thought Big Bang was an inane, predictable, sexist, unfunny but strangely overwhelmingly popular T.V. show. :)

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I can give examples. It is a fact the oceans get saltier every year. They take in more salt than they get rid of. There's only ever been evidence that the oceans have a net gain. A net loss or even a balance has never been observed.

Those are the facts.

I see that and conclude it's impossible for the world to be as old as Evolution claims. Otherwise the oceans would be too salty for life.

Evolutions will try to add unobservable evidence such as, once upon a time there was a net 0 gain due to x y or z.

Evolutions argue both sides of the coin when it suits the topic. They'll argue nobody knows what the salt content was in the beginning or what the net gain/loss was during the millions of years.

At the same time they'll use carbon dating as some full proof evidence for dating a bone. As if the half life of Carbon14 is somehow immune to changing over the same millions of years due to radiation.

It's illogical to have it both ways. You can't just guess the unknown until it fits your theory while the same time cast away the empirical evidence in front of you.

But they do and as I stated before, there is evidence all around. I see it one way and the evolutionists see it another.

By the way, to have a bone carbon dated you must submit what layer of stratum you found the bone in. The way the same scientists date the stratum is by which fossils are found in it. So they date the fossils by the layer of dirt and the layer of dirt by the fossils.

Circular reasoning much?

For someone who uses the word "fact(s)" so liberally and asks others to provide evidence, I can't recall a recent instance when you cited a source.

I thought Big Bang was an inane, predictable, sexist, unfunny but strangely overwhelmingly popular T.V. show. :)
What a racist comment.
:sarcasm:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
For someone who uses the word "fact(s)" so liberally and asks others to provide evidence, I can't recall a recent instance when you cited a source

https://globalwarmingisreal.com/2012/09/12/scientists-are-concerned-about-mysterious-ocean-salinity/

Pay attention what happens in the article. It goes from recording observations that are facts to stating an obvious total fairy tale but presenting it as a fact.

"Scientists have observed unexpected changes in the seawater salinity and they are increasingly concerned about the potential impact on ocean currents. The salinity of seawater can accelerate the water cycle which can cause extreme weather events like floods and drought."

"Ocean salinity has been stable for billions of years, however scientists have observed that the salinity of seawater has been changing over the course of the last five decades."

How old are these scientists? How long have scientists studied the amount of salinity? How can anyone make such a blanket statement like "Ocean salinity has been stable for billions of years" ???

It's fairy tale land.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
My first thought is who is he, and how credible is he. He just says many scientists and cites 1.

I seen some "convincing" articles about how the Earth is flat, so unfortunately....like everything on the internet. You have to take it with a grain of salt unless you trust the source

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
My first thought is who is he, and how credible is he. He just says many scientists and cites 1.

I seen some "convincing" articles about how the Earth is flat, so unfortunately....like everything on the internet. You have to take it with a grain of salt unless you trust the source

TBH I think no matter what we believe, we all think about these things with a skeptical mindset, including Spektre. That is a good thing and is how scientific progress occurs. He's got some ideas that undeniably go "against the grain". I think those of us viewing his ideas skeptically would appreciate seeing some peer reviewed articles that back up his assertions.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
TBH I think no matter what we believe, we all think about these things with a skeptical mindset, including Spektre. That is a good thing and is how scientific progress occurs. He's got some ideas that undeniably go "against the grain". I think those of us viewing his ideas skeptically would appreciate seeing some peer reviewed articles that back up his assertions.

Thats my thought process. I've never seen the salinity of the oceans used as an argument though. I have zero knowledge on the subject, so I can't personally refute what he posted

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
https://globalwarmingisreal.com/2012/09/12/scientists-are-concerned-about-mysterious-ocean-salinity/

Pay attention what happens in the article. It goes from recording observations that are facts to stating an obvious total fairy tale but presenting it as a fact.

"Scientists have observed unexpected changes in the seawater salinity and they are increasingly concerned about the potential impact on ocean currents. The salinity of seawater can accelerate the water cycle which can cause extreme weather events like floods and drought."

"Ocean salinity has been stable for billions of years, however scientists have observed that the salinity of seawater has been changing over the course of the last five decades."

How old are these scientists? How long have scientists studied the amount of salinity? How can anyone make such a blanket statement like "Ocean salinity has been stable for billions of years" ???

It's fairy tale land.

Appreciate you providing a link to what you're talking about with the saline levels, tho TBH I still don't really understand the point you are trying make. Is it that scientists haven't been around long enough to measure saline levels in order to claim that levels have been stable for billions of years?

Those are the facts.

I would imagine that the net amount of salt in the oceans is pretty much static over time and what changes is the amount of water it is dissolved into. Therefore when more water is evaporated (due to rising temperatures for example) the concentration of salt in the ocean increases even tho the net amount of salt doesn't change.

Again, I am confused here tho. Are you saying you believe that somehow more salt is added to the ocean each year and it is not the concentration but rather the net amount of salt that increases? Not trying to be difficult here, I honestly don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2004GL021791/full

Here's another study but it's a little bit of a long read. The crux of the study can be found on the 3.4. World Ocean part. They conclude like others that there is a net gain in salinity in the world's oceans.

There was a NASA satellite launched in 2011 to specifically measure the salinity of the oceans. It was only a 3 year study. It was called the Aquarius project. It appears the results can be found but it doesn't appear the scientists put together the information in a conclusive format.

I'm pretty sure no matter what the topic is, you'll always find a scientist with an opposing view and some kind of reasoning for it. In everything I've read I believe the oceans do get saltier over the course of most years. If that's true, the world couldn't be close to billions of years old.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Americans still doesn't believe global warming?

I think we do believe in global warming. In fact the link posted about the salt levels in oceans was from a blog called globalwarmingisreal or something to that effect. I didn't read very hard but I think their gist is that global warming in the last few decades has led to slightly higher temperatures -> more water evaporates -> higher salt number density

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad