OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2023-2024

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
If it’s for work training purposes, I’m surprised they either don’t have some kind of housing or at least provide some kind of compensation to pay for a hotel lol
Yeah. My family is in Springfield and KCMO was all that was available right now. Looking to move right after training.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
For men only:

Honestly answer this question:

How many times per week do you think of the Roman empire?
how-big-was-the-roman-empire.jpg

This one?
WWE-Superstar-Wrestler-Roman-Reign-In-WWE-Ring.jpg

Or this one?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I know several people who had shingles, it is why I got the shot, but holy hell, it is like getting beat with baseball bats and having every last bit of energy sucked out at the same time
You ain’t kidding. 1st shingles shot was worst reaction I ever had. Much worse than Covid shot.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Soccer team will lose in the 1st round. Their last few regular season games were bad.

Now down 3-1 in their 1st playoff game against KC. It's best out of 3, but my money is on KC beating them in KC.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
Bradley Carnell is a fraud. Capital F, Fraud.

Why the hell don't you start Sam Adarian ? The guy who was a vital part in City winning the regular season title ? They have been struggling offensively for three months and you come out with that sorry excuse of a lineup ? And I'm sorry, but AZ is too undersized to start in a postseason game. I'm already revving up the Fire Carnell Bus.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Bradley Carnell is a fraud. Capital F, Fraud.

Why the hell don't you start Sam Adarian ? The guy who was a vital part in City winning the regular season title ? They have been struggling offensively for three months and you come out with that sorry excuse of a lineup ? And I'm sorry, but AZ is too undersized to start in a postseason game. I'm already revving up the Fire Carnell Bus.
the team was aggressive attacking all year, it looked like to me they were trying a possess the ball and build the attack style
it looked awful, there were players up top making great, well timed runs and instead of sending the ball and pressuring Kansas' back line they kept turning it back
looks to me like the coaching staff choked on their game planning, I like Carnell but thought yesterday was a bad coaching job

on a side note, it was my first MLS game in person, I was in a box, the stadium was awesome, but I have watched or coached 3000+ games over my kids soccer careers up through two daughters playing in college, and the biggest take away I had from the game was the ref
was that really the best the MLS can do for a playoff game?
if I was watching a D3 soccer game, I would have been neutral about it, kind of par for the course, but for a playoff game in the MLS I expected a lot better

Reactions: Ridge1982

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
the team was aggressive attacking all year, it looked like to me they were trying a possess the ball and build the attack style
it looked awful, there were players up top making great, well timed runs and instead of sending the ball and pressuring Kansas' back line they kept turning it back
looks to me like the coaching staff choked on their game planning, I like Carnell but thought yesterday was a bad coaching job

on a side note, it was my first MLS game in person, I was in a box, the stadium was awesome, but I have watched or coached 3000+ games over my kids soccer careers up through two daughters playing in college, and the biggest take away I had from the game was the ref
was that really the best the MLS can do for a playoff game?
if I was watching a D3 soccer game, I would have been neutral about it, kind of par for the course, but for a playoff game in the MLS I expected a lot better
MLS has PRO refs...which are the worst in this hemisphere.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Does City SC even look at their possession stats?

The last few games seemed to be played mostly in their own end.

Anemic O
Weak D

They have counted on their goalie far too much this season.

Gee...this all sounds very familiar.....

Reactions: jura and Ridge1982

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I was killing time by looking at the news feed on my phone. Apparently the third richest man on the planet dates a woman who paid good money to have her face look like a cat's.

Jeff-Bezos-Says-He-Is-Leaving-Seattle-for-Miami-750x375.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: jura and Blueston

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Blues legend Christian Bäckman will have his number retired by his SHL hockey club in January.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Blues legend Christian Bäckman will have his number retired by his SHL hockey club in January.

Hey man, they were able to trade him for a decent pick. More than they should have received.

Reactions: pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Bringing this quote out of the Avs/Blues thread and into a more general purpose discussion...

This game was a reminder of why I’m not rooting for tank. Winning is fun. Beating up on a “better” team is great fun. Watching gm try to make moves to improve club, thinking through how to improve team, that brings me joy. Rooting for us to lose, doesn’t.

So while we wait for the next wave to arrive, and debate who we want this year in draft, let’s enjoy the team we have now. They are imperfect and don’t look like legit contenders, but they are battling and showing what it means to be a blue. And I think playoffs are real possibility this season, even if our postseason stay is brief. Beats the heck out of last year!

I'll also add that, every year, 96.875% of all NHL teams don't win the Stanley Cup. That means those fan bases are disappointed, and "there's always next year." It takes so much to win it all--from players playing together at the best level at the right time, the goalie making nearly-impossible saves, all the way down to the way the puck was a little wobbly in that one shift in game 2 of the playoffs that could've just as easily bounced off the crossbar instead of going into the net. Am I happy they won it once in my life after nearly 20 years of cheering them on through thick and through thin? You betcha. Do I want them to see them win another one in my lifetime? Of course, but I won't lose sleep if they don't.

I want to cheer for a team that is competitive in nearly every game they play. If they can make it deep in the playoffs every once in a while (and maybe win the Cup), even better.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I remember watching Lexx (Canadian sci-fi show) when it was new, just an episode here and there. It was weird. But I just started watching on Prime and was surprised to find there is a coherent story if you watch in order. Its a very unique and quirky show. I find that stuff from the 90s is more appealing to me lately. I also started revisiting X-files.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad