Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Canucks 9PM CST on BSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
A far more depleted than us for a change Nucks tried so hard and still couldn't beat a Blues team that coasted the entire game knowing it's the first of a back to back and they could get away with giving 25% effort the entire game and still come away with the win against that weak sauce roster.

Must be frustrating for them to give it their all, skate circles around this energy conservation mode Blues team and still never really have any chance of winning because player for player, they can't really compete.

Love it. I'm rubbing it in a bit, I know. Happy to pick up two points while the whole team was sleepwalking through the 60 minutes.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
A far more depleted than us for a change Nucks tried so hard and still couldn't beat a Blues team that coasted the entire game knowing it's the first of a back to back and they could get away with giving 25% effort the entire game and still come away with the win against that weak sauce roster.

Must be frustrating for them to give it their all, skate circles around this energy conservation mode Blues team and still never really have any chance of winning because player for player, they can't really compete.

Love it. I'm rubbing it in a bit, I know. Happy to pick up two points while the whole team was sleepwalking through the 60 minutes.

Finally someone who recognizes when the team isn't trying vs simply not playing well.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Pretty solid performance from Bill, once again. 38 of 39 shots stopped and 20 of 21 in the first is exceptional regardless of how many players the 'Nucks were missing.
We definitely seemed to be on autopilot at certain times throughout the night hanging on for the 2 points while leaving something in the tank for tonight.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
NYR are the best in the east in my opinion. everyone looks at CAR or FLA but NYR are sneaky good this year.

I've noticed that. I'm not sure how the Rangers "hide", but when you look at the standings and game results, there they are. Percentage-wise, they are neck and neck with the Pens and both are chasing Carolina. In the playoffs, I don't know it he best of them because I've seen the Canes have some stinkers. Maybe the Pens and Rangers have had just as many, andI have not seen them.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018

I've seen the Blues play sloppy too many times to think they coasted to save energy for the second game, which is equally important. I'm kinda worried they had so many turnovers and shots/chances against a depleted team. If Horvath, Miller and Demko played Blues would've lost this one.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Bozo, brown, Kostin combined for 4 pims and 0 shots. Need more from 4th line. Don’t need to score but need to set tone and not hurt us. They hurt us tonight.
I feel like Kostin has run his course a bit. He hasn't been offering much of anything to the lineup of late. I want see a Bozo/Sunny/Brown 4th line when everyone is healthy.

Send Klim to the A again and hope someday it all clicks, like it seems it has with Brown.

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
Binner has already lost the starting job. Now he is fighting to stay in the NHL.

If he decides to suck tomorrow........Chucky Sideburns will rise again.
lindgren is not overtaking binnington on the depth chart and binnington is not fighting to stay in the NHL, ffs. that is such an asinine take. lindgren hasn't even been setting the AHL on fire as of late. binnington hasn't been consistent, but he also hasn't been awful.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I feel like Kostin has run his course a bit. He hasn't been offering much of anything to the lineup of late. I want see a Bozo/Sunny/Brown 4th line when everyone is healthy.

Send Klim to the A again and hope someday it all clicks, like it seems it has with Brown.
That 4th line would provide zero energy for the team, there wouldn't be much of a forecheck. And they need both those things for the 4th line to be effective.

Brown looked awful last night and didn't do much to regain his spot in the lineup. I'd assume he comes back out for Buch.

Kostin pretty much sucks but at least he provides a physical presence. Bozak sucks too. They do need to find some guys to step up down there.

Reactions: Blueston

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
That 4th line would provide zero energy for the team, there wouldn't be much of a forecheck. And they need both those things for the 4th line to be effective.

Brown looked awful last night and didn't do much to regain his spot in the lineup. I'd assume he comes back out for Buch.

Kostin pretty much sucks but at least he provides a physical presence. Bozak sucks too. They do need to find some guys to step up down there.
Okay, then Joshua or Walker instead. Kostin's a wrecking ball who takes bad penalties and has very little offensive touch. I'd much rather see some of our AHL vets who excelled in the roster crisis period than Kostin.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Our 4th line in general hasn't provided much at all since the TBirds went back down. Bozak, while still a valuable member of the PK, has looked past his expiration date 5v5. Kostin can't seem to figure it out and Sundquivst just looks like a different player then he once was.

It's not the most concerning thing, but I'd really like to get more value overall out of those 8-9ish ES minutes every night. I'm not expecting highlight reel plays or even goals, but I don't think it's too much to ask for solid, strong forechecking and physical play.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Our 4th line in general hasn't provided much at all since the TBirds went back down. Bozak, while still a valuable member of the PK, has looked past his expiration date 5v5. Kostin can't seem to figure it out and Sundquivst just looks like a different player then he once was.

It's not the most concerning thing, but I'd really like to get more value overall out of those 8-9ish ES minutes every night. I'm not expecting highlight reel plays or even goals, but I don't think it's too much to ask for solid, strong forechecking and physical play.
This honestly is my biggest thing. I understand he's coming back from injury. But he was already a limited player to begin with and now he's even more limited than that. He's not doing the things Sunny does to make him Sunny. I'm willing to give him until the end of the season. But if he's not back to himself. We could use his caphit elsewhere in the lineup. Especially with Neighbors possibly ready next season.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

I'm not too worried about Bozak since his role is extremely limited in an offensive sense. His bonuses make his salary look insane, but he's on a league min salary and it's only for 1 year. I don't see any way he doesn't retire next year as he has played a long career and won a cup. Kostin, though I'm a bit disappointed in his production, has been enough of a player for me to be ok with his play. He may not fight as much as Reaves, but he is providing the same level of production and hitting that Reaves did AND just based on his stats alone, he would end up with fewer penalty minutes this year playing a full NHL season than Reaves did playing his last season with the Blues (his rounding to form season). Kostin might take dumb penalties, but that's the player he's always going to be, and once he gets higher in the lineup I think he will produce more in line with like a 30 point player.

As far as Sundqvist is concerned, I'm not too worried about it at the moment. Coming off of 3 extremely difficult surgeries, I think he will take a long while to get comfortable, but my hope is that he will come out looking good for next season. It's hard to slowly get back into form in a full NHL season after surgeries like these, but I think he's a good enough player to do it. I have zero evidence for this so take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
This honestly is my biggest thing. I understand he's coming back from injury. But he was already a limited player to begin with and now he's even more limited than that. He's not doing the things Sunny does to make him Sunny. I'm willing to give him until the end of the season. But if he's not back to himself. We could use his caphit elsewhere in the lineup. Especially with Neighbors possibly ready next season.
sundquist was an amazing 4th liner but he still was a 4th liner for us. Ife he can refind that form great hes a bargain. If he cant, he could be a guy we move on from as we try to squeeze other guys through our salary cap and be our cap casualty even though hes not bad

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
sundquist was an amazing 4th liner but he still was a 4th liner for us. Ife he can refind that form great hes a bargain. If he cant, he could be a guy we move on from as we try to squeeze other guys through our salary cap and be our cap casualty even though hes not bad
He's getting paid barely less than Thomas and Kyrou with 1/10 the production and he really isn't showing himself to be much better than other options on league minimum deals. Like I said. I'm willing to give him into the end of the season. But that 2.75mil could be used for better options. Like a Husso extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad