GDT: Blues @ Canes: Cam Ward is starting

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Glad that Williams is pissed. Team had no excuse for that effort. Physical fatigue is one thing, but mental fatigue of that magnitude is not acceptable.

Patrick O’Sullivan has an interesting take on the mental fatigue of playing the 2nf half of a back to back at home. Basically he said the Canes were in more trouble tonight because they had to come home because you come home and feel like you need to do chores or other general things around the house/apartment that otherwise you wouldn’t do on the road. I figure he probably has better insight into that sort of thing than the general population.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
As often as I have defended Ryan against some of the overstatements of how horrible he supposedly is....yeah. If he's on the ice for 18 minutes, that's not a good thing.

Our choices appear to be limited, but you could bring up Wallmark. I guess you could get really crazy and move Kruger up to #3C (or whatever we're calling Ryan currently) and see if something works there. It seems off the wall but Kruger is supposed to be a pretty good playmaker when used in a more offensive role. Might as well give it a shot, it's not like he's going to keep Skinner from scoring anymore than anybody else on the roster.

It would help if we could see what the lineup looks like with Stempniak back, for all his flaws he did serve as kind of a glue guy that made a few different lines work.

Most likely we'll be having these convos until such time we either manage to get a real first-line center or move to Quebec.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Nah tho.

Get a butler and a maid for that ****. Y'all ain't riding the bus to Hershey.

Exactly. Do you like making millions of dollars to play a game you've been obsessed with your whole life? Then figure that shit out.

Justin Williams is a winner, a 36 year old that still works his ass off, and I'm sure he's looking around the room wondering why the entire team of 20 somethings wasn't absolutely draining the tank last night. I'm not sure either, but the effort at the end with only a 1 goal deficit was terrible.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Exactly. Do you like making millions of dollars to play a game you've been obsessed with your whole life? Then figure that **** out.

Justin Williams is a winner, a 36 year old that still works his ass off, and I'm sure he's looking around the room wondering why the entire team of 20 somethings wasn't absolutely draining the tank last night. I'm not sure either, but the effort at the end with only a 1 goal deficit was terrible.

Half of the team is on ELC’s so they aren’t making millions of dollars. The guys who are making millions of dollars are the veterans that do know how to play in any situation. The Hurricanes have less of those guys than 28 other teams. That was his point.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
I only saw the highlights and didn't see the injury to teravainen- does it look like he will miss significant time?

It looks like a right arm or hand injury to me, from hitting the ice hard. It was painful enough where he couldn't get up and necessitated a whistle to get off the ice. That's probably why Forslund thought it was lower body at first. But my guess is he couldn't put his weight on it to push himself up on the slippery surface.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I only saw the highlights and didn't see the injury to teravainen- does it look like he will miss significant time?
Hard to know. I was at the game so didn't hear any broadcast discussion/speculation. To me it looked like a football style fall where all the weight comes down on the shoulder. Gotta hope it's not a collarbone injury. I think Peters said it was upper body/not head in the postgame.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That first goal was horrendous. Who tried to clear that puck right up the middle of the ice? I couldn't even tell who it was since I was stuck sitting about 20 feet away from the TV.

Pretty sure it was Lindholm who took the pass from Pesce and tried to clear up the middle.

Looked to me like he landed on his hip or shoulder first on the ice. Based on how he left and the statement of "upper body" I'm guessing he landed on his shoulder. But landing on the shoulder could mean anything for length of time out.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Then they ain't got no goddamned chores to do, 'cos they ain't got no women yet. What, you gotta dust your f***ing Xbox?

If he wants to make the point that kids don't know how to prepare as well as veterans, that's a fine take, I guess. But I don't think I've ever met a 20 year old who gave a shit about household chores. If it's anything, my guess is the boys wanted to relax after the roadie and got into some of Lindy's lingonberry wine.

Anyway. Justin, pls go beat that rookie ass. Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00