Half-Assed GDT: Blues Bruins: Return of the Faulk.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
oh well, thats a awful non call though LOL

at least when we get trip calls we win cup games with em, they can enjoy their welfare extra point in a january game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Thomas should’ve played that back whenever he picked it up originally. There was no way he was getting through all of that traffic.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
This is why fans need to meet officials outside the arena after shitty calls. Officials should be docked the pay for the game when they make shitty calls like that. They need consequences.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
This is why fans need to meet officials outside the arena after shitty calls. Officials should be docked the pay for the game when they make shitty calls like that. They need consequences.
they need to make calls that lead directly to goals like that reviewable. then they need to move 1 ref off the ice and into the press box to make calls from bird eye view. the game is too fast for these middle aged men.

Reactions: Robb_K and Xerloris

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
Wow, that was a horrible non-call. What I'm wondering is how does the ref miss that when literally there are only three players from each team and Thomas had the puck at the time?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Wow, that was a horrible non-call. What I'm wondering is how does the ref miss that when literally there are only three players from each team and Thomas had the puck at the time?
thing you need to understand is that it was not a missed call. it was purposely not called. this is token NHL "refball" game management, you see this for the league darling teams and original 6 teams quite often.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I don't call this loss a tank. This was a game we should have gotten blown out of, especially since we have far less SOG and our blueline looked goofy, but we took it to OT. Proud of our guys and F-K ZEEBAS!

NEXT GAME PLS.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
i only saw the game from the sunny penalty on. looks like they got outplayed but showed some fight and thats all we can ask for. games like this where you get screwed can also bring teams together, maybe this will help them down the road.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It's really a shame that all The Blues' hard work to stay in this game and tie it up would be tossed away by the refs missing an obvious tripping violation, with TWO referees and only 6 skaters on the ice. I was glad to see Neighbours continue his net-front scoring, and Perunovich continue to get more comfortable and effective in The NHL game. Binnington played well, as usual.

Yes, I agree that a play like that that leads to a goal being scored should be reviewable. The NHL should have game officials in Toronto, watching each game, to stop action after a goal where a review is desired by the scored upon team, and review slow motion and all camera views. I don't have a problem with games being slowed down a little more, to make sure calls are as accurate and fair as possible, and no problem with games' protracted length being extended 5 or 10 minutes, to get things right. I also have no problem with refs' calls being questioned, making those who have the most "missed calls" receiving some form of negative recognition for that. We understand that the modern game is too fast for even two refs to judge exactly what is happening every second of 60-65 minutes of play. Having refereeing errors not effect outcomes of games is more important.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I want to correct the way I phrased this. I was not saying they should attack the officials but just the idea of officials having to walk through a sea of angry fans would maybe make them take their job more seriously. As it is now they don't give a f*** what calls they make as there are no consequences.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
It's really a shame that all The Blues' hard work to stay in this game and tie it up would be tossed away by the refs missing an obvious tripping violation, with TWO referees and only 6 skaters on the ice. I was glad to see Neighbours continue his net-front scoring, and Perunovich continue to get more comfortable and effective in The NHL game. Binnington played well, as usual.

Yes, I agree that a play like that that leads to a goal being scored should be reviewable. The NHL should have game officials in Toronto, watching each game, to stop action after a goal where a review is desired by the scored upon team, and review slow motion and all camera views. I don't have a problem with games being slowed down a little more, to make sure calls are as accurate and fair as possible, and no problem with games' protracted length being extended 5 or 10 minutes, to get things right. I also have no problem with refs' calls being questioned, making those who have the most "missed calls" receiving some form of negative recognition for that. We understand that the modern game is too fast for even two refs to judge exactly what is happening every second of 60-65 minutes of play. Having refereeing errors not effect outcomes of games is more important.
Refereeing is no fun job. I think hockey is the most difficult umping several sports over the years. The older higher leagues which are much better skaters can be quite a challenge. Reffing old men’s league is the worst….

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Their D isn’t what it once was but Boston is still damn good 5 on 5. Their forwards especially which makes the D as whole look better as they can gap up. They make you earn every inch of ice and their sticks are so good when they forecheck they put a lot of pressure on defenses to make hard, quick plays or they force turnovers. Marchand has always been particularly amazing at this. 10 D-zone turnovers by the Blues. Not surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad