Half-Assed GDT: Blues Bruins: Return of the Faulk.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Was it a missed call? Yep.
Am I upset about it? No, shit happens and I remember Game 5 in 2019.

Am I OK with a point? Yes, because there's no reason we should have had 2 and there's a decent argument we should have had 0. Plus, with all the points we've picked up that we maybe shouldn't have, asking for 2 here is getting greedy.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The only pairing that saw any sort of success was Krug-Kessel, but they were only together for a few minutes. Shot attempts were 6-2 in the Blues’ favor in that time though. Krug-Faulk, much to nobody’s surprise, was horrific with shot attempts favoring Boston 15-2.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Was it a missed call? Yep.
Am I upset about it? No, shit happens and I remember Game 5 in 2019.

Am I OK with a point? Yes, because there's no reason we should have had 2 and there's a decent argument we should have had 0. Plus, with all the points we've picked up that we maybe shouldn't have, asking for 2 here is getting greedy.
I'm not advocating for just fixing this call and no others. I think it would be best (even to the point of extending the elapsed time of the average NHL game by a minute or 2, by making non-calls of obvious infractions reviewable, and having officials in Toronto able to stop the game for review, and giving them the power to conference with the game refs to produce a final verdict on the review.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Annoying AF to see Krug-Faulk reunited.

Yeah not sure why they broke up the Krug Kessel pairing so fast as they looked good together. Didn't expect Faulk to be the weak link of the 72/47 pairing but here we are. Faulk hasn't looked right all season.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Yeah not sure why they broke up the Krug Kessel pairing so fast as they looked good together. Didn't expect Faulk to be the weak link of the 72/47 pairing but here we are. Faulk hasn't looked right all season.
I just want them to try some new things. Like we have already seen Faulk-Krug struggle this year so why not switch it up and see if the new things works better. Honestly I'd rather see Krug-Parayko or Krug-kessel. Play Leddy with Faulk and see if that changes anything.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I just want them to try some new things. Like we have already seen Faulk-Krug struggle this year so why not switch it up and see if the new things works better. Honestly I'd rather see Krug-Parayko or Krug-kessel. Play Leddy with Faulk and see if that changes anything.

I thought trying Faulk with Perunovich was a no brainer considering how well Krug and Kessel are doing lately. Plus, it could be a great benefit to Peru to play with a vet like Faulk. I gotta wonder if Krug and/or Faulk pressured Bannister into putting them back together, because it seemed like an odd time to make the switch. Having Kessel with Perunovich seems like a bad idea. Both youngsters have been playing well, so they should be put in the best position to keep gaining confidence. Maybe Krug/Faulk are too proud to be put on the third pair, I dunno.

Reactions: joe galiba

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I thought trying Faulk with Perunovich was a no brainer considering how well Krug and Kessel are doing lately. Plus, it could be a great benefit to Peru to play with a vet like Faulk. I gotta wonder if Krug and/or Faulk pressured Bannister into putting them back together, because it seemed like an odd time to make the switch. Having Kessel with Perunovich seems like a bad idea. Both youngsters have been playing well, so they should be put in the best position to keep gaining confidence. Maybe Krug/Faulk are too proud to be put on the third pair, I dunno.
faulk at reduced mobility and peru were awful. i think bannister made change because of that, as krug has been really good this year and he maybe felt that he could shelter faulk. which is all the more reason for faulk to sit until he is back to self and able to actually help club.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I wish we could have found a way to keep Monty. He’s such a good coach.
The only conceivable way would have been to make him "head coach in waiting" a la Hitchcock and Yeo. Berube wasn't about to go off into the sunset, it could have been another uncomfortable season, and it pretends the success from '21-22 (when according to teh analytics the Blues played way over their heads) would have continued. Besides, I didn't hear raving endorsements about his coaching after the Bruins hacked up a 3-1 series lead to Florida to ruin the greatest regular season [in terms of team points] in NHL history.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The only conceivable way would have been to make him "head coach in waiting" a la Hitchcock and Yeo. Berube wasn't about to go off into the sunset, it could have been another uncomfortable season, and it pretends the success from '21-22 (when according to teh analytics the Blues played way over their heads) would have continued. Besides, I didn't hear raving endorsements about his coaching after the Bruins hacked up a 3-1 series lead to Florida to ruin the greatest regular season [in terms of team points] in NHL history.
The coach in waiting debacle was an absolute abomination and should never have even been considered. Let alone put into place. Which is also why I prefaced my statement with saying I wished there was a way. Meaning a realistic way.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The coach in waiting debacle was an absolute abomination and should never have even been considered. Let alone put into place. Which is also why I prefaced my statement with saying I wished there was a way. Meaning a realistic way.
I don't necessarily disagree, I just have no clue what would have been realistic knowing after the 21-22 season someone was going to lob a head coaching offer at him.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't necessarily disagree, I just have no clue what would have been realistic knowing after the 21-22 season someone was going to lob a head coaching offer at him.
I don’t know that there was a way. Just disappointing because Berube at that point hadn’t deserved to lose his job. But I have always liked the way Monty’s teams have played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad