GDT: Blues at Wings | March 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
I’m anti tank tbh but I respect your guys commitment to the tank

Let me try to convert you quick.

Anywhere from 7th to 13th worst finish is very much in realm of possibilities.

7th = 6.5% (1 in 15) for Bedard.
12 or 13th = 0.00% chance.

Is 3 or 4 wins down the stretch enough to make you want to throw out all your lottery tickets to instantly change this franchise at the drop of a hat?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
My sentence was past tense.

Claypool is stupidly talented with the bass. Emphasis on stupidly. Another hot take analogy forthcoming... Claypool's bass playing is analogous to Tom Morello's guitar solos. Sometimes less is more, ya know?
Tom Morello is a riddle wrapped in an enigma. I have no idea whatsoever how somebody with such fantastic riffs can have such bizarre solos.

The guy goes from absolutely killing it to fingernails on a chalkboard (back and forth a few times) within the same song.

Reactions: norrisnick

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Ok, I'm willing to put up with a lot of crap on these boards but will not sit idly while someone disparages Les Claypool and Primus.

His bass carries those songs. If he played like that in a crappy band like Nickelback, it would absolutely be out of place and be cause for criticism. Good Lord, I shudder to think what Primus songs would sound like with an average bassist.

Reactions: TheOtherOne

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Tom Morello is a riddle wrapped in an enigma. I have no idea whatsoever how somebody with such fantastic riffs can have such bizarre solos.

The guy goes from absolutely killing it to fingernails on a chalkboard (back and forth a few times) within the same song.
Tom Morello is the only man who can make a 2000 dollar Fender sound like a 50 dollar Cassio keyboard.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Ok, I'm willing to put up with a lot of crap on these boards but will not sit idly while someone disparages Les Claypool and Primus.

His bass carries those songs. If he played like that in a crappy band like Nickelback, it would absolutely be out of place and be cause for criticism. Good Lord, I shudder to think what Primus songs would sound like with an average bassist.
Hear hear! Primus is amazing live too. Going to see Les this summer where he'll do all of Pink Floyd's Animals.

Tom Morello, on the other hand is an awful hack and a poser.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
"Detroit and St. Louis were both founded by French fur traders in the 18th century, and over the last couple of years have traded players and draft picks back and forth like busy little beavers. Instead of dams, however, each team is busy building a channel back to the Stanley Cup playoffs. In fact, the only dams you're likely to hear referenced tonight will be curses from the fans of both the Blues and the Wings who are hoping for some bad luck in these last few games in trade for some good luck in the draft lottery this year, where people are expecting the fur to really fly in the early rounds." - Plausible Keats
that's a good one, damn, I do not know how you do this

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
good-evil.gif

Reactions: norrisnick

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
St Louis isn't even trying.

They could have easily cleared that, Perron looked around and said "okee dokee, if you're just going to let me have it, I'll pass it to this guy wide open 12 feet from the net"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad