GDT: Blues at Wings | March 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Detroit and St. Louis were both founded by French fur traders in the 18th century, and over the last couple of years have traded players and draft picks back and forth like busy little beavers. Instead of dams, however, each team is busy building a channel back to the Stanley Cup playoffs. In fact, the only dams you're likely to hear referenced tonight will be curses from the fans of both the Blues and the Wings who are hoping for some bad luck in these last few games in trade for some good luck in the draft lottery this year, where people are expecting the fur to really fly in the early rounds." - Plausible Keats

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Let's win this one for confidence. I d rather see happy Seider than questionable better draft pics

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
LOSE ALL THE GAMES I'M IN FULL TANK MODE NOW

why-should-you-keep-your-gas-tank-full-hero.jpg

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
LOSE ALL THE GAMES I'M IN FULL TANK MODE NOW
Right about now Yzerman is telling Arizona that those future concessions are actually one of their 2023 ping pong balls.

And no, not all of them. Just the one that falls into the drum. :laugh:

Reactions: jaster

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I don't deny that Rush is a polarizing band, and definitely not everybody's cup of tea.

But what do you have against Neil Peart specifically? The dude was one heck of a drummer.
And he sure let you know at every opportunity.

Iunno... he just always seemed unnecessarily extra. Rather than adding to a song/performance more standing out from it.

Unlike the Wings. A cohesive unit playing in concert for wins. Or something....

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Iunno... he just always seemed unnecessarily extra. Rather than adding to a song/performance more standing out from it.

Ah, gotcha. Never saw them in concert, just listed to radio/CDs.

Reactions: norrisnick

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Another Must lose game as we enter ‘The Playoff of tanking’ down the stretch here.

Big game and lots of competition for the loss going against another rudderless ship of a team.

I’ll be singing the Blues if Detroit sweeps this utterly pointless mini series.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I really hope the Wings lose every game left, get Bedard, and Bedard turns out to be a complete head case who sucks and exerts himself less than Mantha. That would be awesome.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I really hope the Wings lose every game left, get Bedard, and Bedard turns out to be a complete head case who sucks and exerts himself less than Mantha. That would be awesome.
After we trade him for a Lindros-esque return, yes?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Keating: So tonight the Wings and the Blues meet up again, and we now find ourselves in the twilight of the regular season, where neither team is making the playoffs, and both are trying to out-lose one another in the hopes of landing a high-end prospect in this summer's draft.

Producer: John...

Keating: I mean, who are we kidding, right? Tank as hard as you can, in hopes of getting Connor Bedard, or at least one of the top consolation prizes.

Producer: John...

Keating: I kinda hope Detroit loses every single game down the stretch, and maybe even catches Arizona!

Producer: JOHN!!!

Keating: What?

Producer: We're coming back from commercial in 30 seconds! Are you done with your vocal warmups?

Keating: Oh yeah. No problem. Ready when you are.

Producer: In 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Keating: So tonight the Wings and the Blues meet up again, eager to battle for the win. Should be a very competitive game between these clubs...

Reactions: dalem177 and jaster

acetehubernoob

Jun 28, 2011

No he absolutely will not. The man is dead. Also Les Claypool is a god amongst us mere mortals and I won't hear any different..

Reactions: norrisnick

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
No he absolutely will not. The man is dead. Also Les Claypool is a god amongst us mere mortals and I won't hear any different..
My sentence was past tense.

Claypool is stupidly talented with the bass. Emphasis on stupidly. Another hot take analogy forthcoming... Claypool's bass playing is analogous to Tom Morello's guitar solos. Sometimes less is more, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad