Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Oilers: impossible canada trip continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I knew it. We had already gave up too many. Can't give up more than 12 goals in 5 periods and expect to win.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Why blame the refs? Educate yourself a bit. Stupid hit and the proper penalty was called as stated in the rule book.

When you aren't capable of blaming the goalie for giving up multiple horrible goals, you need to find someone else to blame

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Blues always give up the late tying goal to send it to overtime, yet when they need it they give up the empty net goal.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
There's plenty of blame to go around. I blame myself for falling for the same thing EVERY year. I see light at the end of the tunnel, but it just turns out to be another playoff train derailment.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Steen isn't ready.

Elliott will be back and that's good but he doesn't change the skaters on the ice.

Expecting another dud in Vancouver at this point.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Backes showed up. Can't blame the Captain. Tarasenko could have looked worse, but I'm not sure how.

Backes is playing like a man hunting for his next contract. I hope we don't give it to him but will be very happy for him if someone ponies up a Kessler type deal.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Allen looks like burnt toast.

Glad Army was so happy about Copley being involved in the Oshie trade that he went out and spent even more assets on another goalie we aren't comfortable starting a game against a bottom feeder team.

Allen looks like Elliott just before Elliott went down, he needs a break.

In other news, Tarasenko needs a wake-up. Kid is loafing way too much. Love him to death, but he's looked like crap since the All-Star break. The whole STL line needs to split, they look terrible in general.

Finally, our offense is night and day when our defense activates. Not just pinch, but actively moving and looking to get open. Simply boggles the mind that Hitch doesn't give them the green light all the time. We could be so dangerous.

Night everyone

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Let's hope Elliott gets back to form quickly...his earlier season play was the best I've ever seen from him. I honestly don't think either Allen or Elliott are the long term answer for this team but I'd probably roll with Elliott in the playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Allen looks like burnt toast.

Glad Army was so happy about Copley being involved in the Oshie trade that he went out and spent even more assets on another goalie we aren't comfortable starting a game against a bottom feeder team.

Allen looks like Elliott just before Elliott went down, he needs a break.

In other news, Tarasenko needs a wake-up. Kid is loafing way too much. Love him to death, but he's looked like crap since the All-Star break. The whole STL line needs to split, they look terrible in general.

Finally, our offense is night and day when our defense activates. Not just pinch, but actively moving and looking to get open. Simply boggles the mind that Hitch doesn't give them the green light all the time. We could be so dangerous.

Night everyone
Exactly this. Just a stupid trade. I don't care if it's a 5th round pick or whatever, you might as well just keep that and try drafting a gem instead of wasting it.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Allen post-season perform = kitten soft

That 5th goal was funny with Allen this team is shell shock and under another let down. :help:

cat_2830677b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad