Half-Assed GDT: Blues At Lightning, I didn't forget..... Well, maybe I did.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Maybe we should call this a rebuild reload refocus regroup.

Mother f***ing f***, Bannister is derailing Buch's career.

I agree with others, it's 3 games. It's way too early to conclude anything about what this team is going to do going forward. But the way the team came out flat, after 2 days off and coming off 2 wins that appeared to boost the team's confidence especially after that Dallas win, ... not surprising to me. Let's see if they show up for the Panthers tomorrow night.

It is early, but having an absolute pounding like this so nearly after the new coach bump is uninspiring to say the least, especially when the extreme ups and downs were the issue.

I get benching Buch, don’t love it though. Not sure punishing one of the few guys who has been the only reason this team is treading above water is the move I would’ve gone for my first statement move.

• Haha
Reactions: Xerloris

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
It is early, but having an absolute pounding like this so nearly after the new coach bump is uninspiring to say the least, especially when the extreme ups and downs were the issue.
We got pounded 8-4 in Berube's 3rd game with the team. The game didn't start as poorly (tied 2-2 after the 1st) but then we allowed 4 in the 2nd and opened the 3rd by allowing a goal to go down 7-2. We clawed back a touch to finish 8-4, but we were badly outshot and well out of it by the 3rd.

A week later we lost 6-1 to the Coyotes, getting outshot 44 to 26.

This team doesn't have the roster that 2018/19 team had and I very much don't expect the team to catch fire and be contenders a month from now. But I don't think that getting thumped in game 3 is any more telling or predictive than winning the first 2 games was.

I get benching Buch, don’t love it though. Not sure punishing one of the few guys who has been the only reason this team is treading above water is the move I would’ve gone for my first statement move.
I don't have a problem with a new coach coming in and saying that he doesn't care what any guy did under Berube. I'd rather see a new coach clear everyone's slate than have a coach come in and have the perception of playing old favorites. I didn't watch this game start to finish, but when I was watching I saw lost temper Buch that shows up every once in a while. 3 penalties is a good enough reason for a benching IMO.

With that said, my philosophy on that kind of benching is that it needs to be done and over at the end of the game. Make your point and then immediately put the player in position to show you that he received the message. The point was made last night and tomorrow Buch should be utilized like the 1st liner he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad