Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
One loss away from being in the top 10 draft spot and the schedule starts getting tougher

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
He actually didn’t look good at the game he was honored. He’s looking like he has a hard time walking
That's true. Honestly. I have no clue who I would want as the next coach. I don't see anyone available that I would fire Berube over. I'd rather just limp to the end of the season with this coaching core and see if Rod Brind'amour leaves the Canes.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
That's true. Honestly. I have no clue who I would want as the next coach. I don't see anyone available that I would fire Berube over. I'd rather just limp to the end of the season with this coaching core and see if Rod Brind'amour leaves the Canes.

I can’t see Army waiting. It’s just the nature of the business

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I can’t see Army waiting. It’s just the nature of the business
I just think it's a different time for the team than when they let Hitch and Yeo go. Those were teams that they expected the be Cup contenders that were terrible. This is a team that Army said he expected to be in the Middle third of the league. Blues are currently 20th and 1 point back of the Wild Card.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I just think it's a different time for the team than when they let Hitch and Yeo go. Those were teams that they expected the be Cup contenders that were terrible. This is a team that Army said he expected to be in the Middle third of the league. Blues are currently 20th and 1 point back of the Wild Card.

I get all that but if the losing continues to snowball I don’t think Army has a choice

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I get all that but if the losing continues to snowball I don’t think Army has a choice
I just don't see a world where a boss gives you an outline, you meet that outline, and you get fired for meeting said outline. If Army came out and said he expects us to be the top 2 team in the division and we were playing how we are, yeah sure I could 100% see it.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

i wonder who he is talking about! Signing Kyrou for 8 million a year was the best thing ever to happen to our franchise!

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

i wonder who he is talking about! Signing Kyrou for 8 million a year was the best thing ever to happen to our franchise!

Or you know.... Vrana who has been a complete liability the entire season and has been scratched multiple times because he is coasting 3 times worse than Kyrou did last year.

Reactions: PJJJP

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
I mean if the team is struggling to exit the zone and it looks like a mess on our end I except the coach to do something to fix it. This issue has been going back to last year. Yes our players don't make the best passes but when I watch our team all of our guys are just standing there waiting to receive the puck or there is not outlet on the other side for someone to move it out. We also look lost on how we want to play the game in the offensive zone. We dump the pucks in so much for a team that sucks at using that strategy.
Have you ever seen a team stand inside their own blue line with the puck waiting for someone to get open? For God’s sake skate north with the puck..there is no momentum starting at your blue line with everyone at a dead stop. Get the f*** skating. I dont see any other team doing it even when changing lines. It infuriates me. This has got to be coaching?

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
I mean yeah that was an indivdual mistake on Faulks part but from what I've seen in the whole game we look lost entirely. Maybe Berube has the perfect game plan and the players can't play it but I doubt that's the case. The players suck and Berube doesn't have the answers. Do I think Berube is mostly at fault, no but I don't think he has any answers on how to fix one aspect of our game
Berube’s answer is always that they have to work harder. ALWAYS

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I just don't see a world where a boss gives you an outline, you meet that outline, and you get fired for meeting said outline. If Army came out and said he expects us to be the top 2 team in the division and we were playing how we are, yeah sure I could 100% see it.
This. What does firing Berube do, other than signal "when you guys underachieve and slack off, I'll hold someone else accountable?" Armstrong knew this 8 games into last season. He kind of read the team the riot act but pointedly said he wasn't firing the head coach ... and they didn't respond, and the end result was selling off every UFA. To fire the head coach now signals "I'll let you guys dictate what happens here" which ... he says he's not for giving players a ton of power, but that would signal that the players have a ton of power and he'll bend to them.

No. If there's a move to be made, someone from the current core has to go. Preferably more than one, just to really drive home the message.

Reactions: Drubilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad