Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Saying he got lucky in winning the Cup isn’t exactly fair. There is of course some luck involved in the playoffs, but that team definitely earned the Cup.
No, he got fantastically lucky through 2 goddamn it, I gotta do something, this season is f***ed, let's just limp this bitch to the offseason and then I'll figure something out moves. I've explained this many times before.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
No, he got fantastically lucky through 2 goddamn it, I gotta do something, this season is f***ed, let's just limp this bitch to the offseason and then I'll figure something out moves. I've explained this many times before.
Thank you. That's exactly it but everyone is making out that it was a Chessmaster move and really it was a buy low sell high attempt with everything he does. It just happened that the stars aligned, and we got the right group at the right time. Pure lightning. Instead of seizing the moment, he decided to continue his trend and the moves after that have us where we are now.

• Love
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Hadn't heard Schenn's comments until now...woof

Everyone keeps saying woof… I don’t get it. None of the players are saying anything substantial. Nobody is naming names.

Schenn had a fight, big deal. He had 1 shot and no points.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Robb, I’ve followed you between forums for years, silently. Just wanted to say thanks for always being a good and supportive fan that has the team’s best interest at heart. It’s always pleasant reading your takes on the team. Always a supportive voice in the good times and the bad, and that’s the best type of fan in my book.
Well, I've seen ALL of The Blues' seasons from the start, and thanks to The Internet, I've followed them also while living mostly in Europe since 1988. I got to see them win one Stanley Cup championship, after waiting over 50 years for it. And it all started because they drafted one childhood hero of mine in their Expansion draft, and soon after, they traded for a long-time family friend from our neighbourhood in Winnipeg. At that time, we still didn't have a local NHL team. For some reason, I stuck with the team even after our friend was traded away. I had wanted to see them win The Cup while he was with The Team, but finally saw them win it 47 years after he left! I am still a loyal Winnipeg Blue Bombers' fan of about 73-74 years.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Hadn't heard Schenn's comments until now...woof

I haven’t followed these this year since the NHL app makes it so difficult, but as captain of you aren’t willing to point the finger at yourself, I question if you are really leading by example.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I haven’t followed these this year since the NHL app makes it so difficult, but as captain of you aren’t willing to point the finger at yourself, I question if you are really leading by example.
Meh. I think O’Reilly stated that he needed to be better himself after every single game last season.

It didn’t make a difference.

Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Everyone keeps saying woof… I don’t get it. None of the players are saying anything substantial. Nobody is naming names.

Schenn had a fight, big deal. He had 1 shot and no points.
I don’t recall hearing the type of things Berube and Schenn were saying after the loss to Chicago very often. Of course players and coaches parrot a lot of cliches and use the same euphemisms…this was not that IMO.

Naming names? Schenn isn’t going to stand there and say “player X had a shit game” haha

Agreed, the app update is so bad.

Disagree on leading by example/pointing the finger at oneself. Leaders sometimes have to call out followers/teammates. In this instance, I think it was pretty well earned.

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Krug got hurt on that shot to his wrist. I hope it isn't going to take him out of the lineup for a long time. He's been playing better lately.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Scandella with a breakaway , make a nifty forehand/backhand/forehand deke, Husso, dips and Scandy makes no mistake, lifting it over The ex-Blue's arm!!!! Blues lead 4-3!!!!:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

• Love
Reactions: jura
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad