Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
image3.jpg

Carey Price is 5-0 since his return.
The Blues have lost 6 of their last 10 games.
The Habs have scored 10 in their last game.
The Blues have scored 4 in their last 4 games.
Tom Stillman tells The Athletic that discussions on a contract extension with GM Doug Armstrong have begun.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
My efforts to be remain optimistic.....

1) Carey Price is 5-0 since his return
- "Well he's Carey Price, of course he'll do well, but he has to lose sometime..."
2) The Blues have lost 6 of their last 10 - "We are still in a good playoff position, its just a slump. We'll turn it around....."
3) The Habs have scored 10 in their last game - "Damn, that's a lot...must be a typo"
4) The Blues have scored 4 in their last 4 - "Ummm, I'm hoping that's a typo but....uh....stay optimistic....we are...due, I guess."
5) Tom Stillman tells The Athletic that discussions on a contract extension with GM Doug Armstrong have begun - "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I am truely amazed that roster could put up 10. They are still a collection of 3rd liners sprinkled with a few top 6 players

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
at least I can watch the game in french, that way I'll be more confused when we lose to this roster.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I am truely amazed that roster could put up 10. They are still a collection of 3rd liners sprinkled with a few top 6 players

It had more to do with their opponent Detroit being epic levels of bad than with Montreal being good. Every goal was a breakaway, poorly defended odd-man rush or a super soft goal. Howard was particularly bad, coming on in relief with 4 saves on 9 shots.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Ummmmm, which team are you referring to? :huh:

Tough to be too optimistic about this one except for the fact that quite often, things don't turn out as expected. So, Let's Go Blues?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Montreal is hitting their stride and the Blues are slumping. Don't have the greatest feeling about this one.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It had more to do with their opponent Detroit being epic levels of bad than with Montreal being good. Every goal was a breakaway, poorly defended odd-man rush or a super soft goal. Howard was particularly bad, coming on in relief with 4 saves on 9 shots.
I didn't get to watch it, heard the highlights on the radio and that's what I walked away thinking.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
now would be a great time for the blues to get their first shutout of the season. goaltending needs to pickup the play until the forwards get back into a groove.

Reactions: m1a2lt

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
now would be a great time for the blues to get their first shutout of the season. goaltending needs to pickup the play until the forwards get back into a groove.
Shutout against a team that scored 16 goals in their last 2 games? good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad