Post-Game Talk: Blues and Caps: eller returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Eller & Connolly remain garbage. Half the forwards are basically fringe.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We stopped playing offense and, on cue, puck spends the last few minutes in our end.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Its the same people out there everytime, but the other team keeps scoring when they pull their goalie...

Maybe its time to reexamine your choices Trotz.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Well that's why you keep playing and pressing. Late penalty and a pulled goalie makes a dominant game close than it should be. Good win

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Not really
Aside from Beagle, no one in the bottom six is good at much of anything beside killing penalties. They're pretty much running two fourth lines at the moment. That after a summer when they paid so much lip service to building a formidable third line. It's not even close to being there currently.

14, 26, 43, 10, 20 & 82 are collectively on pace for ~10 point seasons. Even against a tired Blues team they mostly couldn't get anything going. I don't know how those pieces get shuffled around even when Oshie returns to resemble something dangerous.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Changing the bottom 6 lines every game is not helping.

Eller is not playing well, but he needs to build some chemistry to carry that 3rd line.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
So will probably once again go into the TDL with a good Top 6 and a hole in the bottom 6...and then trade for someone who doesn't fix the bottom 6.

No idea what they can do with this bottom 6.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think they need to give Vrana a legitimate shot soon, maybe when Oshie returns. Sanford looks overmatched right now and I think I'd like to see him in Hershey.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So will probably once again go into the TDL with a good Top 6 and a hole in the bottom 6...and then trade for someone who doesn't fix the bottom 6.

Well that's better then having a hole in the top 6. maybe with Oshie back and an "all in" TDL we can go grab an older vet who is playing well like a Jeff Skinner from Carolina or a David Backes from Boston. Somebody who would really improve that bottom 6

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Seeing #8 and #92 all over the scoresheet fills my heart with joy. But man, we've got to keep the opponents on their heels when we have a lead FFS.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps win their games in hand and they are leading the Metro. They would be two points back of Montreal for the conference lead. Montreal has a two home game advantage at present.

If the Caps start to get some production from sources currently struggling, they are going extend again

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

At some point 65 and 14 are going to start scoring. When the league starts to tire mid season, I think Wilson's strength will start providing some goals. Eller isn't going to end up with 5 goals either.

I don't think the Caps have holes as much as they are not hitting on anything like all cylinders right now

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
At some point 65 and 14 are going to start scoring. When the league starts to tire mid season, I think Wilson's strength will start providing some goals. Eller isn't going to end up with 5 goals either.

I don't think the Caps have holes as much as they are not hitting on anything like all cylinders right now

This. No matter how poorly some players have been performing (14,20,43, 65 and 74), their numbers are unsustainably low. In other words, it can't get any worse for them, it can only get better.

Once they all return to their normal level of production, we won't have to rely heavily on 8 and 19 to get the job done every night.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
This. No matter how poorly some players have been performing (14,20,43, 65 and 74), their numbers are unsustainably low. In other words, it can't get any worse for them, it can only get better.

Once they all return to their normal level of production, we won't have to rely heavily on 8 and 19 to get the job done every night.

If 92 gets going again I feel like a lot of those other players you mentioned will also get going. As much as Backstrom is an engine that drives the 8 train sometimes...92 is an engine that drives secondary scoring.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If 92 gets going again I feel like a lot of those other players you mentioned will also get going. As much as Backstrom is an engine that drives the 8 train sometimes...92 is an engine that drives secondary scoring.

With 92 showing signs of life again, my biggest concern right now is our non-existant 3rd line. Do we even have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad