Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Honestly, I would absolutely trade Snuggy for a top pair D since our FO is adept at scouting forwards and have proven themselves very competent. Especially when we want to keep taking BPA. There's always going to be more wingers or centers who project to be wingers than there will be D prospects. Why not deal from our strength to address a weakness? I like Snuggerud's shot a lot, but I don't project him to be a top 5-8 goal scorer in the league so I definitely think getting a young top defenseman would be worth it.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Honestly, I would absolutely trade Snuggy for a top pair D since our FO is adept at scouting forwards and have proven themselves very competent. Especially when we want to keep taking BPA. There's always going to be more wingers or centers who project to be wingers than there will be D prospects. Why not deal from our strength to address a weakness? I like Snuggerud's shot a lot, but I don't project him to be a top 5-8 goal scorer in the league so I definitely think getting a young top defenseman would be worth it.
because most of those prospects, iirc, are LH shots. Snuggerud is a righty, and exactly what we're missing right now
and I believe they think Lindstein can become a top pairing dman

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
…And we haven’t proven ourselves competent at drafting defensemen?

Actually, if we kept all the defensemen we drafted, our D core could be looking excellent right now:

Dunn-Petro
Walman-Parayko
Edmundson-Kessel

The problem is that we let so many of those guys go. So I disagree with you that we should trade Snuggerud for one. Let’s find our own guys in the draft and make smarter decisions to keep them from now on.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Ds and Cs are the premium positions; wingers have to really show high end potential in some area or a very complete overall game to bridge that gap. Snuggy's shot looks elite to me and he's got good size on top of that. Count me as someone who doesn't want to trade Snuggy unless it's for a slam dunk solution at #1 D.

I would refuse to trade Snuggy until I see him for at least 10 games.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Of the teams on that list, the best hope is Carolina. Everyone else is likely to be on his no-trade list [Anaheim], likely won't be interested, or wouldn't do a trade straight-up and trying to build a trade around their 1st gets messy quickly.

I'm still thinking Detroit is an option...but I could do Carolina for sure. Their first this year and a B+ prospect (Scott Morrow, maybe?) Does anyone think that a 2024 third from Carolina is a good addition as well?

Dec 15, 2002
I'm still thinking Detroit is an option...but I could do Carolina for sure. Their first this year and a B+ prospect (Scott Morrow, maybe?) Does anyone think that a 2024 third from Carolina is a good addition as well?
A 1st, Morrow and a pick? That's way overpaying, IMO. And I think he might go to Detroit, but I don't think Yzerman is trading ~14 straight-up for Buchnevich without an extension in place [if he wants Buchnevich for ~6 years] - and at the draft, ... and we agree we'll do it come July 1 probably isn't getting it done.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
A 1st, Morrow and a pick? That's way overpaying, IMO. And I think he might go to Detroit, but I don't think Yzerman is trading ~14 straight-up for Buchnevich without an extension in place [if he wants Buchnevich for ~6 years] - and at the draft, ... and we agree we'll do it come July 1 probably isn't getting it done.
Fair enough. Again, I'm fine with just the first and Morrow.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I think Kyrou has been trying to hard and overthinking his game this season. He’s a kid who just started get massive paychecks and he maybe he feels like he has to “prove” his worth. A litany of players who sign monster contract play like crap the first year of the deal because they put to much pressure on themselves to produce and doing so causes just the opposite a lot of times.

Next year (if he makes it that long) will be a real snapshot for future expectations. Players tend to really improve the 2nd year of a major contract.

I really hope they don’t trade him, the tools are there to be a true game breaker, he just needs patience. If he has sub par production, then maybe try to move him. You can’t teach his kind of speed, he’ll figure out the rest. He still a pup. Patience patawan.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Imagine looking at Kyrou and thinking, poor tender boy, just needs more understanding, coddling and time, and then electing to do it from the perspective of you're the wise person teaching uneducated others. that is awesome

I also like how Ted Kyrouzinski thinks that Buchnevich's value went UP after not being traded with a second playoff run, that is very grounded in reality just like the 10,000 word wall of text and hate on Kyrou's behalf. (I cannot overstate how incredible the irony is given the nature of the protagonist in that world class neo noir, I'm not capable of overstating that)

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I go to cap friendly every once in a while. I try to figure out who can realistically be traded and what kind of return happens.

I’m out of ideas and I can’t come up with a good answer. This roster is just ugly.

I do hope Buchnevich is traded in the offseason.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I go to cap friendly every once in a while. I try to figure out who can realistically be traded and what kind of return happens.

I’m out of ideas and I can’t come up with a good answer. This roster is just ugly.

I doubt we’ll get much than a late 1st and a decent prospect for him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

We at least have a good amount of cap opening up with guys like Vrana, Kapanen, Scandella having their contracts expire.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Through free agency, I think we can upgrade our 2nd line. Upgrading our secondary scoring will make a pretty significant impact IMO. For defense, I think that'll have to be a trade, at least on some level. If we really like a free agent that we think will fit, it will probably require moving one of our guys anyway. I don't have expectations of a complete fix, but I would like either a good middle 6 upgrade or a top 4 upgrade, if that doesn't happen, hopefully we see Buchnevich moved for significant assets.

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Through free agency, I think we can upgrade our 2nd line. Upgrading our secondary scoring will make a pretty significant impact IMO. For defense, I think that'll have to be a trade, at least on some level. If we really like a free agent that we think will fit, it will probably require moving one of our guys anyway. I don't have expectations of a complete fix, but I would like either a good middle 6 upgrade or a top 4 upgrade, if that doesn't happen, hopefully we see Buchnevich moved for significant assets.
Monahan could be a good 2C. I wouldn't even mind a high salary, as long as it is a short term deal.

Reactions: Xerloris

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Who are the top tier defensive FA this offseason?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Hanifin, Montour, Skjei, Pesce. Maybe a few others. None really that I'm realistically interested in based on what they'd likely demand.
yeah looks like a pass on those. welp looks like another long year for 2025.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Hanifin, Montour, Skjei, Pesce. Maybe a few others. None really that I'm realistically interested in based on what they'd likely demand.
As crazy as this may sound, I'd take a long look at OEL this summer.
He's had a nice little bounce back year in Florida.
I know he isn't exactly "physical", but I could see him being a nice foil for Leddy in the top 4.

I wouldn't go crazy on term, but if you can get him on a 2-3 year deal I think it might be worth it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As crazy as this may sound, I'd take a long look at OEL this summer.
He's had a nice little bounce back year in Florida.
I know he isn't exactly "physical", but I could see him being a nice foil for Leddy in the top 4.

I wouldn't go crazy on term, but if you can get him on a 2-3 year deal I think it might be worth it.
I feel similar. I wouldn't hate a scenario where we get a solid middle 6 upgrade, ideally #2 C, and then someone like OEL on a short-term deal to play on the offensive top 4 pair. Leddy/Parayko and OEL/Faulk, with Perunovich or Krug with Kessel. Defense is still far from fixed, but it's improved.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I seem to be alone here, but I am interested in Pesce. Remember, he's 2 years younger than Faulk. If we could somehow trade Faulk and sign Pesce to a four year deal ...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I seem to be alone here, but I am interested in Pesce. Remember, he's 2 years younger than Faulk. If we could somehow trade Faulk and sign Pesce to a four year deal ...
I guess I should preface it, I would be interested in any of those top guys, if we are able to move one of our more expensive dmen. Then, it would also depending on what we could get them for, but I'm not against any of them if we can move Krug or Faulk without taking salary back in return or at least a significant defensive contract in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad