Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The post I had responded to was to one of the more toxic posters who never seems to face consequence for anything they post. I'm convinced it's a buddy system at this point. Appreciate your response, though.
I saw it. I'm not surprised it was removed, but I agree it was mild. You aren't realizing the times that person gets stuff removed as well. As a former mod, its exhausting. Much simpler to just ban folks for a while until they either learn how to get along within the posting guidelines or don't come back.

I don't have much criticism for the mods in here, just not sure why they are willing to put in the time and effort. (I was the sole mod on this forum for a good while. I can promise you there is no favoritism going on with that crap.)

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I hope both of you find happiness and agree that this is a much better board than, say, the Asylum?

HF Blues:

You just made the list buddy.gif

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Blues signed Kaskimaki. I like him. Think he can be middle 6 winger. This is guy we picked with selection we got for dealing Husso rights to Detroit.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Blues signed Kaskimaki. I like him. Think he can be middle 6 winger. This is guy we picked with selection we got for dealing Husso rights to Detroit.

That’s good. I might view him slightly lower than you but do think he could be a decent 3rd liner if he continues to develop. He certainly brings plus speed and goes to the net. Not one of our top prospects but certainly worth a contract.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That’s good. I might view him slightly lower than you but do think he could be a decent 3rd liner if he continues to develop. He certainly brings plus speed and goes to the net. Not one of our top prospects but certainly worth a contract.
I see him as guy that could be good complimentary player. How impactful remains to be seen. He could sneak up on us a bit and be useful.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Wonder what the Blues are planning for him next season: another season in Finland or Springfield?

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Very interesting, didn't see that coming. I would be pretty surprised if they planned on him playing in Springfield, CHL an option?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Very interesting, didn't see that coming. I would be pretty surprised if they planned on him playing in Springfield, CHL an option?
Definitely an option but he rejected that option a year ago and that’s how he ended up in the USHL. Acadie-Bathurst still owns his CHL rights AFAIK.

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Let's go. Really wonder where he plays next season. While it looked like he wasn't going the NCAA route like some of his teammates, he definitely isn't now.

Was he still NCAA eligible after playing in the Slovakian Extraleague before coming to the US? That's a pro league, so I'd assume that would have tanked his NCAA eligibility.

Definitely an option but he rejected that option a year ago and that’s how he ended up in the USHL. Acadie-Bathurst still owns his CHL rights ASAIK.

If he was never NCAA eligible, then I'm not sure that signing a contract with us would do much to change his mind about the CHL vs USHL vs pro options. Going to be interesting to see where he plays next year.

He's one of the youngest guys from the 2023 draft and was only a few days away from not being draft eligible until this year. Another year in junior certainly wouldn't be a bad thing in his D+2 season, but count me in the group that doesn't want to see him in the USHL again.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was he still NCAA eligible after playing in the Slovakian Extraleague before coming to the US? That's a pro league, so I'd assume that would have tanked his NCAA eligibility.

If he was never NCAA eligible, then I'm not sure that signing a contract with us would do much to change his mind about the CHL vs USHL vs pro options. Going to be interesting to see where he plays next year.

He's one of the youngest guys from the 2023 draft and was only a few days away from not being draft eligible until this year. Another year in junior certainly wouldn't be a bad thing in his D+2 season, but count me in the group that doesn't want to see him in the USHL again.
Maybe? Willander had a couple games at the pro level and was NCAA eligible. I'm assuming Willander didn't have a pro contract though.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Maybe he had already lost his NCAA eligibility. Idk. It’d depend on if he played those games in the Extraliga on a pro contract or Jr contract, which I don’t know. Moot point now though.

I also wouldn’t want to see him return to the USHL. OHL would probably be the best but Acadie-Bathurst went against his wishes and drafted him so don’t think that’s an option anymore unfortunately. AHL is the most likely but my concern would be if he’s truly ready for that level yet. He’s still pretty raw. I suppose a European pro league is an option but he’s already come over here to adapt to the smaller rink and learn the language so it’d seem a bit counterproductive to go back overseas.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I know Pekarcik was one of the youngest players in last years draft. Missing the cutoff by just a few days if I am not mistaken. Taking that into account with the season he just had where do you think he would land in this upcoming draft if he was born a little later?

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I know Pekarcik was one of the youngest players in last years draft. Missing the cutoff by just a few days if I am not mistaken. Taking that into account with the season he just had where do you think he would land in this upcoming draft if he was born a little later?
I'd guess 2nd half of 2nd round.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Maybe he had already lost his NCAA eligibility. Idk. It’d depend on if he played those games in the Extraliga on a pro contract or Jr contract, which I don’t know. Moot point now though.

I also wouldn’t want to see him return to the USHL. OHL would probably be the best but Acadie-Bathurst went against his wishes and drafted him so don’t think that’s an option anymore unfortunately. AHL is the most likely but my concern would be if he’s truly ready for that level yet. He’s still pretty raw. I suppose a European pro league is an option but he’s already come over here to adapt to the smaller rink and learn the language so it’d seem a bit counterproductive to go back overseas.
i suspect we work to get him to ohl. now that he signed the club controls this, not the player. whatever kinds of levers can be pushed i trust we will get him somewhere in ohl (like we did dvorsky). perhaps sudbury needs a replacement for their departing slovakian star?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad