Post-Game Talk: Blue Waffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Igor has been a sieve but is also getting hung out to dry by his D-men (and backcheckers). Both are true

Good team defense will make a good/great goalie look better and bad team defense will make a good/great goalie look worse. We’ve known this since the days we were debating Richter vs. Brodeur. In the last two games, Shesterkin could have saved maybe one or two more goals, but he’s not been the biggest problem by a long shot.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
"Hey, guys, I just finished up in the bathroom. You don't want to go in there for awhile. How'd we do out there?" --Zibanejad
"Oh hey Zib. We also took a dump..."

I'm tired of hearing about Buchnevich. I don't care if you're right, I'm just tired of it. Complain about something current.
True... So here's something current:

We lost to Buchnevich tonight.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Rangers were fun for a while and now they're not. :(

"You have killed my love. You used to stir my imagination. Now you don’t even stir my curiosity. You simply produce no effect. I loved you because you were marvelous, because you had genius and intellect, because you realized the dreams of great poets and gave shape and substance to the shadows of art. You have thrown it all away. You are shallow and stupid."

A Hallmark movie?

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
The first goal he gave up was simply atrocious.

I watched the goal again and I'll still blame Igor less being scored against by a 70+ sniper than the defense in front of him and the awful even strength effort in front of him. Oh yeah, scrubs not taking penalties on the team and putting us down for 3 PP goals against might help too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guyute

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
IMG_3161.jpeg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I watched the goal again and I'll still blame Igor less being scored against by a 70+ sniper than the defense in front of him and the awful even strength effort in front of him. Oh yeah, scrubs not taking penalties on the team and putting us down for 3 PK might help too.

The nature of the game is that if a defense makes a mistake a few times in a game that's a good game, if a goalie makes a mistake a few times in a game that's a terrible game. This "defense sucked on this play" argument has been going on forever and it just doesn't make sense in a game where St. Louis only had a handful of quality chances. There's no such thing as a perfect game by a defense or very very rare. Watch the game against Calgary earlier this year it was similar to this one. Few shots, but on those few shots they had a number of grade A chances. Igor allowed 1 goal and we won 3-1. We probably had fewer chances ourselves that game.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I’m not seeing Laviolettes message coming thru with these guys lately at all. This is wide open hockey. Not seeing any structure anymore. It’s concerning.
This is my biggest concern. Pond hockey since the beginning of December. The Carolina game at home to be exact.

Valiquette nailed it in the post game. The Rangers should have tried to slow it down and make it a low event game given their injuries and going up early. They decided to play Gallant hockey again and got roasted.

Bonino 6:16 at five on five, one awful penalty 0 shot attempts for 7 against.
He and Wheeler are beyond cooked. Ok black aces for a deep playoff run but they're past the days of being effective contributors.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is my biggest concern. Pond hockey since the beginning of December. The Carolina game at home to be exact.

Valiquette nailed it in the post game. The Rangers should have tried to slow it down and make it a low event game given their injuries and going up early. They decided to play Gallant hockey again and got roasted.

I don't like this style either but they had 40+ shots three straight games for first times 2008 and outplayed their opponent in all three.

Reactions: Ned Braden

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Can't expect a team to play a mistake free game. How about the goalie picking up his teammate every now and then. Lavi completely taking Igor off the hook again saying the 1st goal was due to a mistake by our backchecker. When does Lavi start putting some of this on the goalie?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Goalies. Are. Voodoo.

Do not invest in the position. Find something passable and strengthen the rest of the team.
If Igor gets 7 x 7 (or more) I'm lighting several bags of dog shit on fire and leaving them on the steps of MSG.

You can't allocate more than 10% of your cap space to a goalie and win a Cup. And don't give me Tampa and their LTIR f***ery as an example.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If Igor gets 7 x 7 (or more) I'm lighting several bags of dog shit on fire and leaving them on the steps of MSG.

You can't allocate more than 10% of your cap space to a goalie and win a Cup. And don't give me Tampa and their LTIR f***ery as an example.
I'll be right there with you ringing the door bell. Igor now has a .900 save %.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
MSG Post Game Show [ Check back later]

And of course Igor gets a pass like Panarin cause of the no English nonsense. We heard Igor speak English before. Players can't demand to not be interviewed before or after games. This country club nonsense has to stop. Whats next, Rangers have a shy forward that won't do interviews. Take some accountability

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

(not to diminish your point, but 7x7 will be *roughly* 8% of the cap next season, and less each thereafter. I am starting to come around on Shesterkin being expendable though)

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We have no centers outside of Trochek right now. I'm done with Brodzinski, Goodrow and Bonino, everything dies on their sticks. We seriously need some center depth.
Obviously Mika will be back soon, just need a viable 3c if Chytil doesn't come back. Goodrow is going nowhere this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad