GDT: Blue Jackets vs Jets - Bell MTS Place - Oct 17 7:00pm CT (Kyle Connor Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
This is what frusterating. When the 4th line wasn't clicking, they sit. Fine. Now they are the best line of all 4, so they sit. Maurice needs to go. He needs some time away from the game to learn how to manage a bench, manage a roster. Take a look around at what other coaches are doing and learn something.

He's had 20 years to learn something. And he did learn something: how to coach like garbage.

Reactions: ursus maritimus

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Columbus is very, very good at angling their men off the puck. You can tell it's a discipline they focus on.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
#MauriceLogic: Losing 4-1, what to do...I know let's put Tanev with guys playing the best tonight in Petan and Armia, that will help them score!!! Dano, f*** you go away your playing too good and people might start to question why I hate you, so I'll make sure your ineffective.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
He is shooting more this year

Fair, but not as good opportunites as last year. Said it last year and I'll say it again, Laine needed(needs) to improve his skating and create his own shot more. Seems like he's trying, but when he doesn't score, his weaknesses really come out. All it takes is one shot for him to get a goal, so it doesn't bring attention to his weaknesses.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
#MauriceLogic: Losing 4-1, what to do...I know let's put Tanev with guys playing the best tonight in Petan and Armia, that will help them score!!! Dano, **** you go away your playing too good and people might start to question why I hate you, so I'll make sure your ineffective.

Mo logic equals no logic. I am starting to really have a tough time watching a Paul Maurice coached hockey club and all the junk he spews to the media.

Reactions: Board Bard

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Fair, but not as good opportunites as last year. Said it last year and I'll say it again, Laine needed(needs) to improve his skating and create his own shot more. Seems like he's trying, but when he doesn't score, his weaknesses really come out. All it takes is one shot for him to get a goal, so it doesn't bring attention to his weaknesses.

That is partly because he isn't playing with scheif. Scheif will create a lot more space for him than Little

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
I feel like he is this passive because he is trying to be as good defensively as he can

That is what im afraid of. But i dont see good results. He is not aggresive on defense and he is sloppy with his stick. Allready seen him handle the puck in slowmotion just to have it stolen..more than once. And lets not get into him gliding past an jacket and just casually waiving his stick which 99% of the time does nothing or when in the d zone as soon as the puck is loose he starts gunning towards the ozone despite his teammates not getting the possesion.

There is more too.

Laine can do much better in these areas and thats why it irritates me to see him playing like this.

Again its not all negatives obviously most if fine to excellent but i wanna see more energy more aggresives and more effort in all areas of the ice.

And i should mention he is looking better than pretty much any other forward despite these things

Reactions: Board Bard

Snagari

Apr 27, 2016
Jets are playing 2007 NHL with "bottom 6", "dump and chase", "breakout from the glass" etc. The league is not the same anymore Mo. Coaches actually, you know, coach.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
3 guys were at the top of the circles by the time anyone came near Warenski on that last rush.

Seriously...wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad