Pre-Game Talk: Blue jackets @ SENS, Tues 7pm

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
This.

They'll win some games and a bunch of us will not have learned our lessons and will get excited and say things like "if we go 20-5-5 we can get in" only for us to go on a massive losing streak.

I'm surprised some of us haven't learned our lesson.

It's actually not that hard to not get excited until they clinch a playoff spot. Enjoy the wins, but always assume we're going to lose the next bunch of games. Makes the wins so much better and the losses also so much easier to take.

We also don't look like tools to other teams by bragging or chirping while being out of a playoff spot, not that it matters what others think, but this reasoning is somewhere on the list.

I've learned by lesson last year. There is absolutely no reason to get excited when this team has shown us 0 reason to be excited about. No wonder I have nothing good to say about this team anymore

No one knows what future holds for this Team, Maybe we will turn the corner and be better or maybe we will get even worst. Anything can happen with this core, especially with Giroux gone and not have a steady Defenseman outside of Sanderson and maybe Chabot?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
THAT MAY BE YOUR EXPECTATION BUT EVERYONE MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOU.

You were expecting regression?

Obviously not every player progresses every year, but I don't know many people that were expecting Timmy to take a couple steps back.

He's not dazzling or creating chances at anywhere near the rate of last year.

Obviously I just think it's a down year and he'll bounce back, but I don't think this is a season sens fans were expecting out of stutzle.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
THAT MAY BE YOUR EXPECTATION BUT EVERYONE MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOU.

What's with the caps? Get a grip on yourself

Yes, I am talking about my expectations. I can only talk about my expectations, right? or should I be talking about your expectation? Common sense is not very common with some of your people.

And I don't remember asking anyone to agree with me, I am simply stating my own expectations.

You do realize that your post comes out very hypocritical telling me I should accept that fact that everyone may not agree with me, yet you're showing frustration that I am not agree with you?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Yes, I am talking about my expectations. I can only talk about my expectations, right? or should I be talking about your expectation? Common sense is not very common with some of your people.

And I don't remember asking anyone to agree with me, I am simply stating my own expectations.

You do realize that your post comes out very hypocritical telling me I should accept that fact that everyone may not agree with me, yet you're showing frustration that I am not agree with you?
the caps were caused by caps lock! :). I don't like them too.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's a bad season for Stutzle... but the good news is that he's still PPG

He definitely has 100 pts potential

He needs to get out of his own head, he's trying to do way too much

My opinion is that Greig - Stutzle - Batherson would be a great line
Stutzle is at .979 PPG this season and was at 1.15 last season. He is obviously not scoring at the same pace. I am not sure he will get back onto the 1.15 pace as Martin's system with a focus on defensive play could affect that. He might be a better overall player though.

You did say "we".

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You were expecting regression?

Obviously not every player progresses every year, but I don't know many people that were expecting Timmy to take a couple steps back.

He's not dazzling or creating chances at anywhere near the rate of last year.

Obviously I just think it's a down year and he'll bounce back, but I don't think this is a season sens fans were expecting out of stutzle.
I think Stuetzle's play ranks right there with the goaltending for me in terms of disappointing.

Caveat: I expect to be disappointed by Chabot

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

1707783822500.jpeg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
This.

They'll win some games and a bunch of us will not have learned our lessons and will get excited and say things like "if we go 20-5-5 we can get in" only for us to go on a massive losing streak.

It's actually not that hard to not get excited until they clinch a playoff spot. Enjoy the wins, but always assume we're going to lose the next bunch of games. Makes the wins so much better and the losses also so much easier to take.

We also don't look like tools to other teams by bragging or chirping while being out of a playoff spot, not that it matters what others think, but this reasoning is somewhere on the list.

Playoffs are a pipe dream, yes, but I will still take any good news I can get

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Playoffs are a pipe dream, yes, but I will still take any good news I can get

Yes, me too. Which is why I cheer for goals or wins. I don't however, try to argue that we're a good team. I will never do this for a team with a losing record and negative goal differential.

Are we on a hot streak? Yes. Are we a good team? Standings say no.

We can reassess next year and see if we're in a playoff spot at this point of the year. Then I would be ok with saying we're an average or good or great team (depending on our record at that point)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That's all good and dandy but being a professional and being paid 9mill, we expect him to be better, not take a step back from last year. He was even younger last year but was way better in the 2nd half of the season. He has been a major let down this year, so far
Doesn’t make 9 million makes 8.35
If talking salary its 5 million.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa has to come out and get a win.

We’ve seen emotional wins before, but they seemingly always follow that up with a dud.

If there’s going to be change, they have to maintain some momentum.

If the skaters aren’t up to it, then the goalie has to step up. If the stars can’t do it, it’s going to have to be the grinders.

It doesn’t have to be a masterpiece, but they have to find a way to get it done.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
This.

St. Louis like run has commenced, get with the schedule :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad