Blue Jackets have closed door meeting with Tortorella to ask him to be nicer to them

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
That's already been addressed by Foligno who said that TSN blew it out of proportion.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Players these days are soft. Some of the best coaches of all time were hard *****. Best coach I ever had spent a good 90% of his time cursing and swearing at us. Motivation was never hard to come by playing for him.

A Good coach makes you learn from your mistakes, a bad one screams his frustration at you. Just saying..

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Joe Thornton would have one word to describe this CBJ team, and he doesn't even have to spell it out for you.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Players these days are soft. Some of the best coaches of all time were hard *****. Best coach I ever had spent a good 90% of his time cursing and swearing at us. Motivation was never hard to come by playing for him.

being a dick 24/7 doesn't help. I'm from the older gen and I didn't like it. be a hard nosed sob but be positive sometimes. IMO you need a mix. torts is a hot head 24/7

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
This generation....wow.

Let's not act like Torts isn't a toxic coach and hasn't destroyed lockerrooms in the past. I know it sucks to hear, but athletes are real people and being crapped on night in and night out by Torts who refuses to be positive towards players wears on you. There's a difference between delivering constructive criticism and just being a ******.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
This is how it all starts.

What's next, are they going to ask the opposition to be nicer to them, too?

They'll all be holding hands, any day now. ;)

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Players getting sick of Tortorella's act? I'm shocked I tell you! Utterly flabbergasted!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They should hire Maurice once the Jets can him. He can be Torts mentor in the locker room. They'd make a great duo. Torts comes in with the plan Maurice delivers it.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
They'll all be holding hands, any day now. ;)

Singing Kumbaya haha. Oh the image.

There's nothing wrong with being a hard ass. In fact, sometimes it's required. But there are also times to be understanding. And patient.

As someone said, athletes are people too. Constantly getting **** on is a good way for someone to tune other people out, professional or not.

Torts is just that guy who can't turn it off. He's in hyper aggressive mode all the time.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I'd be shocked if this was the first time that this has happened.

Second of all, aren't these players a little old to be running to mommy?

Running to mommy would be complaining to the GM. Talking to Torts heads on and addressing the issue face to face is far from what some people in here are suggesting. Props to the players for standing up to the dude. He's a notorious bully and a hot head.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Singing Kumbaya haha. Oh the image.

There's nothing wrong with being a hard ass. In fact, sometimes it's required. But there are also times to be understanding. And patient.

As someone said, athletes are people too. Constantly getting **** on is a good way for someone to tune other people out, professional or not.

Torts is just that guy who can't turn it off. He's in hyper aggressive mode all the time.

I can feel the collective facepalm in the locker room when Torts is having a tantrum, i don't think the players want a manbaby coach crying and yelling spit in their faces.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I can feel the collective facepalm in the locker room when Torts is having a tantrum, i don't think the players want manbaby yelling spit in their faces.

Totally

Again sometimes that might be required, no doubt. But it has a lot more impact when it's a rarity.

Could you imagine if scotty bowman went Fn bonkers in the room? Of course, I'm going on the premise that he is chill as hell, because that's how he comes across. When a guy who is chill loses his ****, you listen.

When a guy who is always ranting and raving like a lunatic, you sorta just kinda .."Oh yay ...another rant. What's on Netflix."

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Running to mommy would be complaining to the GM. Talking to Torts heads on and addressing the issue face to face is far from what some people in here are suggesting. Props to the players for standing up to the dude. He's a notorious bully and a hot head.

Yup. Older generations are just confused that this generation isn't afraid to call a guy out for being a dick. Not something they had the guts to do.

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
And I dont blame them, you yell at me Ill yell right back at you. I dont care if ur a higher authority figure u still need to be professional and show respect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad