OT: Blue Bombers Thread 2.0 - Home Playoff Game, Nov 12, 330PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Looks like a beautiful night for football, looks like the crowd count might be a little down for tonight game, I look for the Bombers to have this game settled in the first half then I believe it's 1 more win for a home playoff game.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Looks like a beautiful night for football, looks like the crowd count might be a little down for tonight game, I look for the Bombers to have this game settled in the first half then I believe it's 1 more win for a home playoff game.

Yup. Bombers "magic number" for a home playoff date is 2, but it is over 3 different teams. So 2 Bombers wins = home playoff date. 1 Bomber win, 1 lose for each of Sask, Edm, BC = home playoff date. 2 losses for each Sask, Edm, BC = home playoff date.

EDIT: Also since Edmonton has 1 game left against Sask and BC. Which does make it so if Bombers win and BC loss this week Winnipeg will lock up a playoff spot this week for sure. A Bombers win, with losses to Sask (@ TOR), BC (v OTT) and Edm (@ MTL) would lock up the home date.

Last edited:
Reactions: wpgallday1960

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Yup. Bombers "magic number" for a home playoff date is 2, but it is over 3 different teams. So 2 Bombers wins = home playoff date. 1 Bomber win, 1 lose for each of Sask, Edm, BC = home playoff date. 2 losses for each Sask, Edm, BC = home playoff date.

EDIT: Also since Edmonton has 1 game left against Sask and BC. Which does make it so if Bombers win and BC loss this week Winnipeg will lock up a playoff spot this week for sure. A Bombers win, with losses to Sask (@ TOR), BC (v OTT) and Edm (@ MTL) would lock up the home date.
Due my limited math skills I like to keep it simple... Bombers get to 12 wins and they lock up a home playoff game.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Due my limited math skills I like to keep it simple... Bombers get to 12 wins and they lock up a home playoff game.

Honestly considering what would have to happen I'm not even worried about that. I know positivity in a Bomber thread is a questionable thing but I'm looking upwards right now. Bombers need to keep pace with Calgary and hope Calgary blows one here shortly. Then we can set up that final week in Calgary for first place :yo:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wolitarsky in for Feoli-Gudino as expected. Looking forward to seeing him in action, though obviously Coates will take most if not all the offensive snaps.

Definitely not the same Ti-Cats team that we embarassed a few months ago. Defense is playing much better (probably just undoing all the damage Reinebold did :naughty:). Alex Green has looked really impressive in the games I've watched, and I expect he's going to get more work in the passing game today. Masoli has been an upgrade over Collaros in terms of getting it out quicker, although his accuracy and decision-making is still erratic. Hope we bring back memories of his last start here.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Bad start, bad call on that fumble. His arm was moving forward with the ball in his hand.

And now looks like Nichols may be hurt.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Nice night for football, Friday night, 10-3 Blue Bomber team, and crappy stadium location = smaller crowds!

Say what you want but the location sucks!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I figured we were in for a rough one tonight. Things have been going too well for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad