Blockbuster deal?

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Rumour mention that Tampa Bay GM Martin Sedin have made a blockbuster deal involving two other teams and that he is currently waiting for league approval. Other rumours in Tampa mention that star players Marian Hossa and Michael Nylander have been traded. GM Sedin refused to comment the rumours but mention that the team will hold a pressconference when the all-star game has been played.

Tampa Bay are right now 10 points away from playoff action, will this trade take them back into the action?

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Trade has just been approved by the league

To San José Sharks
Pavol Demitra
Prospect Brad Malone

To Tampa Bay Lightning
Peter Forsberg
Vyacheslav Kozlov
Maxim Afinogenov
Ruslan Fedotenko
Prospect Bobby Ryan

To Colorado Avalanche
Marian Hossa
Michael Nylander
Fredrik Norrena

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Trade has just been approved by the league

To San José Sharks
Pavol Demitra
Prospect Brad Malone

To Tampa Bay Lightning
Peter Forsberg
Vyacheslav Kozlov
Maxim Afinogenov
Ruslan Fedotenko
Prospect Bobby Ryan

To Colorado Avalanche
Marian Hossa
Michael Nylander
Fredrik Norrena

thats a big trade!

can you break it down to what each team gave up as well?

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
SJ:
OUT: Forsberg
IN: Demitra+Brad Malone

TB:
OUT: Hossa+Nylander+Norrena+Brad Malone
IN: Forsberg+Kozlov+Afinogenov+Fedotenko+Bobby Ryan

COL:
OUT: Demitra+Kozlov+Afinogenov+Fedotenko+Bobby Ryan
IN: Hossa+Nylander+Norrena

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Colorado fans were first shocked to hear that the 4 players with the highest +/- rating traded away. Add blue-chip prospect Bobby Ryan to the trade and the fans were really wondering what was comming back in a big move like this. The answer is Marian Hossa, Mikael Nylander and Fredrik Norrena. Hossa will hopefully gel on the top line with Morrow and Crosby to form one of the toughest top lines in the league. Nylander will get to center the 2nd line and was brought in to make the transition easier for next years top rookie Niklas Bäckström. Fredrik Norrena is expected to take over as backup next season behind Giguere, as Robert Esche has indicated that he will test the UFA market.

Colorado is not done for the season in trading and is still looking to add ateast 2 forwards. Rumours are that one move has already been made that will affect the 2nd line and another one is close as well.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Nice trade! I've seen Bobby Ryan play lots, and I'm afraid to say I wouldn't list him as blue chip anymore. He seems out of place in the new NHL, he's slow, doesn't back check, and seems more of a liablilty then a scoring threat. He reminds me of Pyatt, except slower and less defencively responsible. Good luck with that.

For me I think Colorado won this deal, this is the kind of deal that Colorado needed to make to solidify their playoff bid. It might just pay off in the end!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad