Bleacher Report Mock Draft

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Noel>Hughes?
Noel is so overrated..I’ve seen a lot of people throw Blake Wheeler around while talking about Noel. He’s still kind of raw sure but doesn’t have any elite skills to be a 1st liner. I see him as a decent/good middle 6 net front guy.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
I don't know whats worse, Svech at 5 or Hughes at 15

EDIT: Boqvist at 12 is the worst, missed that first time around lmao

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
My immediate reaction:
Tkachuk top 5- no, why. He's been ok with BU this year at best
Svech at 5- again no. He is the closest player to Dahlin in the draft, and if anyone would go #1 (not named Rasmus Dahlin) it would be him
Hayton and Wilde top 10- no, I like both players, but no way in my eyes are they both top 10 picks, Hayton isn't the best center in the draft, nor is Wilde a top 7 dman in my opinion
Merkley in top 20- ... not even going to bother
Noel over the likes of Hughes, Kravtsov (i'll get to him soon), Lundestrom, Kotkaniemi, Bokk and Farabee-why? yes he's big, but the NHL is adapting and becoming more of a "small" player league, but all 6 players are more skilled the Noel. Could he be a first rounder? Yeah, he could, not above all 6 of them
Lundestrom at 30- ...
No Kravtsov- this is the absolute ball buster to me, having an obvious first round pick, and potential top 10 pick outside of the first round. Kravtsov, I'll admit it, did not have very good looking stats in the regular season. 7 points in 30 some games, not great. But acceptable for a 19 year old in the KHL. Now in the playoffs, Kravtsov isn't the 7 point scorer, he has been unreal, I'd take 11 points in 10 games from any player, let alone a 19 year old draft eligible who is tied for the team lead in points. I haven't been able to see him play recently, but he is by far my favorite player in this draft

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
1. Buffalo Sabres: D Rasmus Dahlin, Frolunda (SHL)

2. Arizona Coyotes: LW Filip Zadina, Halifax (QMJHL)

3. Vancouver Canucks: LW Brady Tkachuk, Boston University

4. Detroit Red Wings: C Oliver Wahlstrom, US Under 18

5. Ottawa Senators: RW Andrei Svechnikov, Barrie (OHL)

6. Montreal Canadiens: D Evan Bouchard, London (OHL)

7. Edmonton Oilers: D Noah Dobson, A-Bathurst (QMJHL)

8. Chicago Blackhawks: C Barrett Hayton, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

9. New York Islanders: D Bode Wilde, US Under 18

10. New York Rangers: C Joe Veleno, Drummondville (QMJHL)

11. Carolina Hurricanes: D Ty Smith, Spokane (WHL)

12. Florida Panthers: D Adam Boqvist, Brynas (SHL)

13. New York Islanders (Traded from Calgary Flames): D Ryan Merkley, Guelph (OHL)

14. New Jersey Devils: RW Serron Noel, Oshawa, (OHL)

15. Philadelphia Flyers (Traded from St. Louis Blues): D Quinton Hughes, US Under 18

*They cover the whole first round, I just put up to #15 to save some space. Full mock draft here NHL Draft 2018: 1st-Round Mock Predictions and Latest Order

Svechnikov at #3 is bold itself but #5 is astonishing in my mind.

Boqvist at #12 is interesting and Hughes right to Philly at #15 has me nothing but interested.(and I'm not even high on Hughes myself like some are)
Wow i thought id read enough stupid things on here,but this takes the cake

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
1. Buffalo Sabres: D Rasmus Dahlin, Frolunda (SHL)

2. Arizona Coyotes: LW Filip Zadina, Halifax (QMJHL)

3. Vancouver Canucks: LW Brady Tkachuk, Boston University

4. Detroit Red Wings: C Oliver Wahlstrom, US Under 18

5. Ottawa Senators: RW Andrei Svechnikov, Barrie (OHL)

6. Montreal Canadiens: D Evan Bouchard, London (OHL)

7. Edmonton Oilers: D Noah Dobson, A-Bathurst (QMJHL)

8. Chicago Blackhawks: C Barrett Hayton, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

9. New York Islanders: D Bode Wilde, US Under 18

10. New York Rangers: C Joe Veleno, Drummondville (QMJHL)

11. Carolina Hurricanes: D Ty Smith, Spokane (WHL)

12. Florida Panthers: D Adam Boqvist, Brynas (SHL)

13. New York Islanders (Traded from Calgary Flames): D Ryan Merkley, Guelph (OHL)

14. New Jersey Devils: RW Serron Noel, Oshawa, (OHL)

15. Philadelphia Flyers (Traded from St. Louis Blues): D Quinton Hughes, US Under 18

*They cover the whole first round, I just put up to #15 to save some space. Full mock draft here NHL Draft 2018: 1st-Round Mock Predictions and Latest Order

Svechnikov at #3 is bold itself but #5 is astonishing in my mind.

Boqvist at #12 is interesting and Hughes right to Philly at #15 has me nothing but interested.(and I'm not even high on Hughes myself like some are)

What's the point of posting some f***ing idiot's fanblog post? Especially when the draft order isn't decided?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
What's the point of posting some ****ing idiot's fanblog post? Especially when the draft order isn't decided?

To assist new fans of the game on what knowledgeable resources are and are not :dunno:

You must be new to make a fuss about it? You not only opened this thread you responded in this thread.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Let’s face it most of bleacher reports coverage on sports is a joke, I find they do a great job on football but everything else, leaves something to be desired.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Given the Bruins and Lightning are in the same division, they can’t possibly pick 29th and 30th. This mock is not only bad, but it isn’t even a possible draft order.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Noel is so overrated..I’ve seen a lot of people throw Blake Wheeler around while talking about Noel. He’s still kind of raw sure but doesn’t have any elite skills to be a 1st liner. I see him as a decent/good middle 6 net front guy.

Well his ceiling is pretty high. Wheeler was pretty soft as a young player himself....he just grew into the guy he is today over the years. Noel is soft right now too but he's still a kid, people forget that.

I guess it's mostly projection with him. Not saying your wrong or anything, I think teens is probably too high for him in this draft but the risk is sometimes worth the reward if your patient with a guy like him.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Well his ceiling is pretty high. Wheeler was pretty soft as a young player himself....he just grew into the guy he is today over the years. Noel is soft right now too but he's still a kid, people forget that.

I guess it's mostly projection with him. Not saying your wrong or anything, I think teens is probably too high for him in this draft but the risk is sometimes worth the reward if your patient with a guy like him.
He has zero offensive creativity and playmaking skills unlike Wheeler. His shot is nothing special as well, if he were 6 foot he would not be ranked close to where he is. Who knows though Wheeler took a while to develop but from what I’ve seen from Noel, he doesnt impress me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad