Rumor: Blackhawks working on Keith trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I forgot the last two years of his deal are pretty low in terms of actual cash being paid to him. Like 2-3M total I think.

So yeah, do this if he can make some more $$$$ as a thank you to him.

Exactly my thinking.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don't see this getting done until after the expansion draft. Unless it's swapping a NMC player for a NMC player
I was under the impression this is fairly close to being done nhonestly.

There’s only a few teams this could be to, I don’t think it’ll take three weeks to get done.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This is a bad take. Keith not being worth 5m? He's a 2nd pair D still, and had to play on a really bad team. He's absolutely worth 5m.
I think hes a bottom end 2nd pairing guy at this point, and he's only getting older. I say he is more of a 3.5mil Dman, so I see Chicago retaining and getting a 2nd or so. I dont know, he really stunk down the stretch. Hard to tell if it was lack of motivation, or a sign of age.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He wants to be on a playoff team. Why would he not want to be in Chicago but be ok going to Seattle and do exactly what he's doing here but on a brand new team? He'll be traded to Edmonton with salary retention and we better get a 1st round pick back

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Could definitely see vancouver wanting keith to help develop q. Hughes' defensive game and be a mentor in general.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If I keep hearing the Hamilton talk I'm going to lose it. FFS people. Have you actually watched his play on the ice?

seems like he's not really what this team needs and especially given the composition of their defense group and the cost to acquire him long term seems like a good move to pass, but stan is half way out the door at this point so he will not be around for the conclusion of his contract...it will be a parting gift to the next regime...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Really not comfortable with Stan making all of these potential big moves. I don't think Hamilton is the answer, i think he's incredibly overrrated and won't live up to his $9m AAV cap hit. Trading Kieth and signing Hamilton would be a major disappointment for me as a Blackhawks fan.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Really not comfortable with Stan making all of these potential big moves. I don't think Hamilton is the answer, i think he's incredibly overrrated and won't live up to his $9m AAV cap hit. Trading Kieth and signing Hamilton would be a major disappointment for me as a Blackhawks fan.

is 9m per really the reported aav? that could be jeff skinner bad

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
is 9m per really the reported aav? that could be jeff skinner bad

No i'm just guessing. He puts up a lot of points, finished 4th in Norris voting, and is a UFA looking to cash in as one of the very few "1D" to hit the free agency market. I would not be surprised with $9M.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If we mutually terminate his deal we'd be hit with recapture penalties, no?

Is it even an option in the CBA to mutually terminate a contract? I thought there had to be some extenuating circumstances like with the Mike Richards stuff and the Kings. Sounds like the Hawks aren't even considering though if they're announcing they're working on a trade for Kieth.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is it even an option in the CBA to mutually terminate a contract? I thought there had to be some extenuating circumstances like with the Mike Richards stuff and the Kings. Sounds like the Hawks aren't even considering though if they're announcing they're working on a trade for Kieth.

believe that there have been contracts that were mutually terminated such as the Kovalchuk deal when he signed with LA a couple years ago...

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
the most far fetched bowman hail mary offseason ever...moves out keith, zadorov, and strome to then add dougie hamilton and jack eichel in a trade for kirby dach + 11...or he just moves out the keith contract to sign Zadorov to a 4 year extension or something terrible

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Both parties need to agree to it and the player needs to clear waivers. We did it with Rundblad and that's how Kovalchuk got out of his devil's contract early.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Mutual termination is rare because contracts are guaranteed and if a team is looking to get out from under your contract you're likely taking a pay cut wherever you land next.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Could definitely see vancouver wanting keith to help develop q. Hughes' defensive game and be a mentor in general.
Think he’s EDM bound but maybe. Doesn’t Edler play the left side? Maybe we’re doing duncs a favor to be closer to his son in BC. Can’t imagine the new additions to the front office (H./D. Sedin) would be happy with this transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad