Rumor: Blackhawks working on Keith trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
have a feeling that if its vancouver the only way stan would ever ask keith to waive his nmc is if jim benning mentioned possibility they would trade their 1st in a deal if stan takes on the eriksson contract, benning did say he wants to add a top 4 defenseman i believe

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
have a feeling that if its vancouver the only way stan would ever ask keith to waive his nmc is if jim benning mentioned possibility they would trade their 1st in a deal if stan takes on the eriksson contract, benning did say he wants to add a top 4 defenseman i believe
Eriksson only has 1 year left while Keith has 2.

If Keith goes to Vancouver I think it will be Keith for Eriksson straight up.

Reactions: Pertti

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
What's the usual time that needs to pass before a Friedman "rumbling" turns into trade details?

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008

Even Benning isn't that dumb. Eriksson will be a buyout

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Eriksson only has 1 year left while Keith has 2.

If Keith goes to Vancouver I think it will be Keith for Eriksson straight up.

no shot, keith is still a good player, they could retain 50% on him at deadline and net a nice return...send him to any playoff team and hes playing 30 a night when games really matter, hes still a really good hockey player, if the hawks give him away its a mistake, he should have a huge market given his term and aav, its just a matter of working around his nmc

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
no shot, keith is still a good player, they could retain 50% on him at deadline and net a nice return...send him to any playoff team and hes playing 30 a night when games really matter, hes still a really good hockey player, if the hawks give him away its a mistake, he should have a huge market given his term and aav, its just a matter of working around his nmc
The perception around non-Hawk fans is that he's cooked.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How much is because he's being overexposed on a bad team though?

Dude, he’s dropped from the 99th percentile to barely replacement-level. If team quality had that much of an impact, you’d literally never see a good defensive performance on a bad team.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
guy played with erik gustafsson and a mixed bag of rookies for multiple years...no surprise his numbers are down from when he played in a top 4 with prime seabs, hammer and oduya

Have you considered the inverse of your argument? The logical extension of this position is that Duncan Keith only ever put up strong stats because he played with good players. That he is a product of his environment first and foremost.

I personally dont believe that. I believe he simply, finally got old.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008

I was under the impression he is asking for a specific destination to be closer to his son, not for a trade at the deadline to wherever. Doesn't he have a NMC?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just mutually terminate his contract and let him sign where he wants. He's done enough for the organization.

I forgot the last two years of his deal are pretty low in terms of actual cash being paid to him. Like 2-3M total I think.

So yeah, do this if he can make some more $$$$ as a thank you to him.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I don't see this getting done until after the expansion draft. Unless it's swapping a NMC player for a NMC player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad