McKenzie: Blackhawks won't qualify Dylan Strome

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I can't help but notice you've conveniently cut off the #1 line on that list. Here, I went and located it for you:

View attachment 566451

I continue to call bullshit. (Keep in mind that this thread is about Strome, not Dach.)
Nope, I didn’t conveniently cut off the first line, I messed up and got two different threads mixed up. I was posting info about Dach and not Strome.

Notice how I am admitting I messed up and I am not calling anyone names.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nope, I didn’t conveniently cut off the first line, I messed up and got two different threads mixed up. I was posting info about Dach and not Strome.
Kind of impressed that the mixup persisted that long (I have my own moments like that, but usually by the time I'm looking things up I've realized what I did :) ), but fair enough.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Columbus? Strome could work pretty well with Laine&Voracek.
f*** no. Anything he's able to produce with those two, Roslovic and/or Jenner can do better. We don't have the time or roster space to waste on a guy like him who needs to take up a valuable "superstar winger's center" roster spot to be any good.

Reactions: Nowotny

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My suggestion is Rangers should dump Ryan and sign Dylan for half the price

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Isn't Strome too slow for the NHL?

Why would McDavid want him on his wing?

I don't know if Strome is worth it for Edmonton, but McDavid doesn't need someone speeding in transition with him, he can do transition by himself. It may be an issue if Strome isn't quick enough in zone.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Interesting that Chicago is just moving on from this entire generation of Hawks

The Hawks haven't made the playoffs in 5 seasons, and the young players didn't look like the ones who would turn things around. Debrincat is the only player I'm kind of surprised they moved on from.

Last edited:
Reactions: mouser

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
leading up to the draft i remember all the hf posters who wanted strome over marner. it was intense.

They were wrong. But completely understandable—when in doubt you always favor the C over the W.

So far as I can tell Strome never improved his skating to the level scouts were hoping for when he became the 3rd overall pick.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They were wrong. But completely understandable—when in doubt you always favor the C over the W.

So far as I can tell Strome never improved his skating to the level scouts were hoping for when he became the 3rd overall pick.
He never improved his skating and the game just keeps getting faster.

He's a very gifted offensive player. Great hands, vision, good shot. He plays very pretty hockey.

He's an absolute mess outside of the offensive zone. The Hawks are bleeding offensive talent and most Hawk fans are fine with him Strome walking for nothing for a reason.

He'll put up points but he's every bit the type of guy to disappear in the playoffs.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
He said ressurect, not tank.
Kase, Bunting, Kampf would say otherwise. Small sample size but all 3 had career years last season. He’s also a Toronto boy and seen at home during the off-season.

You were saying?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad